Search Unity

1. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

EasyRoads3D v2 is out – Road, rivers, procedural geometry for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raoul, Mar 18, 2011.

1. raoul

raoul

Hi studentvz,

The Offset in the shaders is shader code provided by Unity.

If this is primarily device specific I would recommend to report to Unity.

Thanks,
    Raoul

2. Cleverlie

Cleverlie

hi raoul, I have a question, are you planning to enhance the edit tools to improve working with roads and crossings positions and rotations? correct me if I'm wrong, but right now I can't see any straightforward or intuitive way to:

- move/rotate an entire road network to another place
    - multiselect roads and/or crossings and move/rotate freely
    - multiselect roads or crossings and multi edit parameters like resolution, material, sidewalk width etc.

3. raoul

raoul

Hi Cleverlie,

The first two questions are indeed currently not possible. Moving the entire road network is on the list for v3.x. Rotating the road network can be added as well. The same can be done for a selection of roads and crossings.

Rotating might be tricky, what should be the rotation center point?

But all this can already be done through the scripting API if you need it urgently. Get all roads and all crossings, and update the marker positions, etc.

Regarding the last question, it is recommended to work with road types. Assign road types to crossings. As from beta 8.4 changes to road types will update scene instances of that type. Note that there is a small issue with Road Network Refresh and roads / crossings with sidewalks on only one side. The sidewalk may flip. An update with a fix for this will soon be available. Meanwhile this can be fixed by reconnecting the road.

Thanks,
    Raoul

4. reocwolf

reocwolf

Hi, Is there any way to use GIS road data to generate roads or plans for it? Example: Using Map-ity.

5. raoul

raoul

6. reocwolf

reocwolf

Yes. Do u have a reference to where I can see a tutorial or doc about it. Just trying to see if it will be useful for my purposes.

EDIT:

NVM found it. http://www.unityterraintools.com/EasyRoads3D/v3/html/general_settings.html#importData

Does it yet work with multiple terrains?

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  7. raoul

raoul

That is indeed the only reference at the moment, it is just a matter of selecting the KML file. A video will probably follow later.

By default the roads are generated relative to the terrain. As you can see in the link, there is the option to provide additional lon/lat bounds. The road objects will be generated relative to these boundaries. This is probably what you want when multiple terrains are involved.

This is what we do, using DEM material for the terrain and OSM data for the roads and paths.

I just checked the code, the bounds are calculated based on all the terrains in the scene. So this should work. But if there is anything missing here for your situation, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  8. reocwolf

reocwolf

9. raoul

raoul

10. txarly

txarly

hi, i am trying the free version before buying the pro one, but after i add the roadobject(had to add the 2 layers too) when i shift+click, just the object flashers,no errors, but no markers added into rhe scene too.I am using multiple tiles for the terrain.
    I can see in the road object for an instant this message"components that are only some of the selected objects cannot be multi-edited""

Looks like unity prioritize the milti selection objects and the markers are not added
    Any help?
    thanks

unity version: 5.6.0f3

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  11. raoul

raoul

Hi txarly,

No markers being added after shift + click is usually related to multiple terrain objects in the scene. Multiple terrains is not fully supported in the free version. Only when markers are added to the terrain referenced by Unity's Terrain.activeTerrain, placing markers will work.

Is your issue related to this?

The free version is still v2, most people with a Pro license use the v3 betas. V3 is an entirely new road system which cannot be compared with v2, https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/easyroads3d-v3-the-upcoming-new-road-system.229327/

Multiple terrains are fully supported in both v2 and v3 Pro.

Thanks,
    Raoul

12. txarly

txarly

thanks, i thougt multiple terrains were supported in the free version

13. raoul

raoul

Support for multiple terrains was added upon request in v2.x when people started to use tools like Terrain Composer resulting in multiple terrains. The implementation is not ideal in v2, terrains must be handled one by one, it wasn't added to the free version.

Multiple terrain support in v3 works out of the box.

Thanks,
    Raoul

14. txarly

txarly

Ok, i will wait till is launched as i need multiterrain.When will v3 be launch?

thanks again

15. raoul

raoul

The package itself as for v3.0 is ready apart from small optimizations that are being done. What needs to be finished is the new demo project and promotional material for the asset store and videos. I will be away on holiday from mid July. The focus is on releasing it before then.

But the beta package is already part of the current asset store download, the manual includes links to provisional videos. NO need to pay for an upgrade once released. :)

Thanks,
    Raoul

txarly likes this.