Search Unity

Easy Waves - Create Effortless Waves in Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MyIsaak, Apr 21, 2018.

1. MyIsaak

MyIsaak

Fast AAA-quality waves for all Unity platforms

> LATEST DEMO HERE

> ASSET STORE LINK HERE

INTRODUCTION

Drag onto mesh, click play and you're done! Easy Waves guarantees a complete setup with configurable options bundled into profiles. Easy Waves is the fastest way to add waves in Unity.

HOW IT WORKS

Unlike most wave assets that use intense graphics, Easy Waves doesn't. Instead, it only uses vertices from a mesh (that you can select) and allows you to supply additional shaders. Easy Waves is fully compatible with all graphics renderer (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan)!

PERFORMANCE

Easy Waves is by far the most performant solution. It has been tested on slow mobile devices and still runs smoothly. As an option, you can lower the wave update rate if it lags your game (which is very unlikely).

CROSS-PLATFORM

The rendering doesn't depend on platform-specific shaders and supports all Unity platforms. Easy Waves can be combined with any other shader or asset.

USER-FRIENDLY

Drag the Easy Waves component onto any GameObject with a MeshRenderer component attached (i.e. any 3d model), and press play. It's effortless!

PROFILES

For productivity purposes, you can choose predefined or custom profiles that automatically set Easy Waves for flags, oceans, rivers.

CONTACT ME

Your feedback is the most important to me. Please offer any suggestions, critiques, or ideas concerning this asset to the following email below:

isaak.eriksson@gmail.com
    I try to reply within 48 hours. Have a nice day!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello,

Could this asset be use to create waves around a circular island so the waves come toward the shore from every side of the island?

Regards,
    Carlos

3. MyIsaak

MyIsaak

Hi Carlos,

Yes, of course you can. Here is a picture of how Easy Waves might look like with rigorous ocean waves:

Depending on how you configure the settings, you can have a more relaxed wave:

And it's shader independent, so you can change the looks to your unique liking:

I hope you found this useful Carlos, and feel free to ask more questions.

Kind regards,
    Isaak

4. eobet

eobet

I must admit, neither the video nor your pictures explained very much.

(And what makes this AAA? I haven't seen something rival Assassin's Creed or Sea of Thieves here...)

What if the island isn't completely round? Can you still generate waves approacing it from all sides? Will coves work too?

My question is, if I have several identical meshes lined up in a pattern, can I seamlessly tile the waves using this asset? I see a noise slider, but is it deterministic from a given seed?

Does the effect work with a very low-poly style mesh as well? It's unfortunately too expensive for me to try it on the little information presented so far, but I have two projects this would potentially be a fit for.

5. MyIsaak

MyIsaak

Yes you can tile up the waves mesh as shown below:

And yes Easy Waves works with all types of mesh, including low poly waves with a cartoon texture:

Easy Waves should be accessible for both AAA companies and the simple the indie game developer to use in any project that requires waves with small performance overhead.

The wave movement is deterministic with harmonic noise, and to support this assets compatibility for all Unity-supported platforms (mobile, desktop, VR, ...) it's not dependent on translucent, particle-heavy (foam) shaders that are platform-restricted.

If you want a high quality render of water (or lava), then I suggest getting this asset and slapping on a realistic water shader (or a photoemissive lava shader).

6. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Is the asset still being supported?