Search Unity

Easy Tower Defense - In Progress! Need feedback and Idea's!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Wikened, Jan 14, 2012.

?

Suggested price:

1. 0-5

53.6%
  2. 6-10

7.1%
  3. 11-15

14.3%
  4. 16-20

7.1%
  5. 21-25

7.1%
  6. 26-30

3.6%
  7. 31-35

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 36+

7.1%
  1. Wikened

Wikened

Current version = 0.9 (b)
    Server is: Online

Download Images: Here
    Download Kit Demo: Here

Hello!
    I'm currently creating a Tower Defense kit for the asset store. I am on Version 0.9 (b) and should be completing it very soon. I am hoping to purchase Unity3D pro if this kit sells well so that is my goal! This kit will be released in the next 1-3 days depending on how fast I create the documentation and I hope I will get a few buyers (Hoping for lots :D). If you have any suggestions or want me to implement something just in the hope you will purchase it please ask me!

Please note this is not the final product hence this forum posts location in the forums. I will be making everything look good once I'm done with the coding! Please answer the poll above so I can get a rough sense of what price this kit is worth!

Try patch 0.9 (b): Here

The different Packages:
    1: Basic (Only includes the tile system and weapon/health/money systems)
    2: Premium (Includes Basic + all the Networking and making different weapons is much easier)
    3: Gold(Includes everything + customization of the product for your needs (Free) + 2-3 Demo weapon instead of 1 + 2-3 Maps based on levels + Options menu to change difficulty and graphics)

Prices:
    Basic: $10
    Premium: $20
    Gold: $40

Current features:

Simple Tile Map generation:
    Using the Easy Tile system (Soon to-be on the asset store), I can create many different maps very quickly and the logic for each tile is ready out-of-the-box. Each time an object is placed on a tile, the tile is shut off. Each tile decides what type of tile it is and then acts accordingly.

Wave System:
    Version 0.8 has a simple wave system which increases at speed of each enemy, increases their health and the amount of enemies spawned during each wave.

Towers (Cannons in the Demo):
    Id system to keep each one unique. Automatically picks nearest targets and fire cannonballs at them! Each cannon can be upgraded and improved! (1.0 coming soon).

Current Weapons and perks:

Cannon: Shoot cannon balls
    Wave Bonus: Grants coins at the end of each wave
    Spikes: Causes damage each time an enemy move through it. Last for 5 seconds.

Simple Waypoint system:
    Version 0.8 supports an automatic path generation logic meaning you don't have to do anything. All you have to do is specify where each spawn, vertex and end points are when creating the map! The rest is done automatically! This means you can save time and not have to worry about getting things wrong, and just let the script deal with it.

Npc's:
    Whats a tower defense game without its enemies? Version 0.8 offers a more advanced AI system then In version 0.7. Currently the AI supports path generation, Health, Speed, and a visual health system (Changes color depending on how much health is left).

Networked Account creation/Saving:
    I have added a networked account creation and saving to allow you to easily create global high-scores and save peoples progress without effort. Everything is done automatically and because the player doesn't have to be connected while playing, you can use different servers for different stages such as a Login server, Registration Server, In-game server and Highscores Server. This allows better performance for you and the player and helps to keep things neat.

Patch 0.9 has fixed all bugs and errors with the Networking part of this Kit. It offers the registration and Login of an account and the editing of accounts on the server. The server also has a console to check what exactly is going on and the server now saves its stats. You may also search for an account and edit its content.

Easy to understand code:
    I have kept my code very neat from the beginning knowing that I would release it later. Code also includes lots of comments explaining what everything does. Also includes comments showing you how to add and change things!

Customer Support and Documentation:
    When I release the product I will try and respond back to my customers ASAP and give them all the help they need if they run into problems or need help to change things and add specific things they need or want. As always my product will include lots of Documentation and I will try to keep my documentation to the point and effective.

Setup Documentation includes 1,000 words and 25 images:
    $Documentation.png

Media stuff:

Try 0.9 (b): Here

New Images:

Download Images: Here

Old Images:

Placing a Cannon and removing 20 coins:
    $7.png

Cannon firing at an enemy and increasing the score:
    $8.png

A visual mock-up of what the path system consist of. Each red diamond is either a Spawn point, End point or a vertex.
    $9.png

Lot's of cannon with smoke! (visual upgrade 0.8)
    $10.png

New update 0.9 (b):
    + New Perks and Weapons
    ~ Performance
    ~ Fixed the Server
    ~ Completed the client code
    ~ Cleaned up the Server code
    ~ Waves are now much more challenging

Links:
    My blog: Here
    Please Email me at: permafrostsupport@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Wikened

Wikened

Looking for 3D modeler to create some cannons and enemies!

Please PM me if you want!

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

Thats a good start although you might want to add some texture varietly. Slightly different grasses, small stones etc.
    And of course you might want the cannons to take up more of the tile, using half the tile you'll lose detail and immersion for your players.

Check out Robo Defense on the app/android store to see how they did their cannons/weapons.

I know of an excellent 3D modeller who does all my work PM me if you want his details.

4. Wikened

Wikened

Thanks! I will deffo do this right away ! PM'ed you!

5. VastLaboratories

VastLaboratories

Very nice start!

6. SevenBits

SevenBits

Very start; I'm not going to lie though, you still have a lot of work to do.

7. Wikened

Wikened

I totally agree! That is why the next patches are going to be big :) I will first make everything work smoothly and then I will make it look good!

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

obviously it should sell for 36 dollars + vat.

9. Wikened

Wikened

Thanks for your suggested price! :) I would love to sell it for 36 dollars but I want to get as many buys as possible and so far the poll doesn't seem to be favoring it :/ Hopefully they are just trolling and I hope I will get better suggestions like yours soon!

As well I'm trying to keep this quit simple and effective. Right now there is a Tower Defense kit on the asset store for about 50+ dollars which for some people is too much money. I'm trying to make this kit available for everyone in terms of finance! :D

Maybe I will make 2 versions, One Lite and One pro :)

- Vincent

p.s Hope my response made sense! (Tired)

10. Wikened

Wikened

Thanks for your reply!

11. Wikened

Wikened

So far I've added a smoke particle to the cannonballs, Implemented coin and score systems, created a new automatic waypoint finder and fixed the scale of the cannons compared to the tile.

12. Wikened

Wikened

Updated to version 0.8!

Test it: Here

+ Added player health!
    + Added player score!
    + Added the Money system! (In the demo you have 2.2k coins,a lot).
    + Added enemy health! (0-9 = yellow,10 - 19 = blue, 20-29 = green and so on!)
    ~ Fixed the Cube's AI (Automatically searches for a path).
    ~ Optimizing the Cannons
    ~ Cleaning up code commenting some more
    ~ Updated the Wave system to now increase the health a enemy has and spawn more.
    ± Currently adding the second weapon called "Tower". (Not very imaginative ^_^ ).
    ± Finishing the wave system by adding a speed increase to each enemy after each wave!

New demo: Here

13. Wikened

Wikened

New 0.8 Images:

$6.png
    $7.png
    $8.png
    $9.png
    $10.png

Next update coming out soon with more cool stuff such as a multi-tower placer!

14. Wikened

Wikened

Currently finishing the Save/Load implementation.

Need a name and a function for a new weapon... Any got any ideas?

15. Wikened

Wikened

New update 0.9 (a):
    + Added a Main Menu!
    + Register and Logging system (Networked)!
    ~ Performance
    ~ Increase the cannon ball size
    ~ Edited the Wave system to increase the difficulty and make it less boring!
    ± Finishing off the account system to allow High-scores and networked account saving!

0.9 (b) coming out soon!

Want to try this new update? Click here!

1. Register. It takes 2 seconds and information doesn't have to be correct! (No email verification as well).
    2. Logging and get testing!
    3. Please report any bugs back to me if possibles so I can kill them...
    4. Thank you for testing!

Note: If you are un-able to logging, it is because the server is offline (Computer asleep). Please play in Offline mode. Saving does not happen in Offline mode.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  16. Wikened

Wikened

Hey guys :)

There is a problem with my firewall and it not allowing any connections to come through. Therefore I will upload the server/client version so all you need to do is start up 2 clients and then a new in-game button will ask you to start it as a server. This means you will be able to test it with your local host (127.0.0.1).

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

This sort of thing should probably be priced high: it's a full game solution, I don't see how it could appeal to enough people to make money at a small price point. It so far looks pretty promising though. Maybe let unity advise you on a price for the asset store once you talk to them.

18. Wikened

Wikened

Thanks for your reply. I have decided that I will be releasing 2-3 versions of this product:

1: Basic (Only includes the tile system and weapon/health/money systems)
    2: Premium (Includes Basic + all the Networking and making different weapons is much easier)
    3: Gold(Includes everything + customization of the product for your needs (Free) + 2-3 Demo weapon instead of 1 + 2-3 Maps based on levels + Options menu to change difficulty and graphics)

Prices:
    Basic: $10
    Premium: $20
    Gold: $40

19. Wikened

Wikened

Path 0.9 (B) coming out in 10-11 hours :D
    This patch nearly completes the package. It fixes 95% of all bugs and problems. Networking is 100% working now, made the game more challenging, Added new weapons and perks, you can now edit accounts which have been created and so much more!!!

20. Wikened

Wikened

Patch 0.9 (B) has been released an runs on my server perfectly now.

Now its documentation time and 2D graphic creation time!

If you find anything wrong please report it!

21. Wikened

Wikened

Hello guys!
    I am in the final stages of creating the kit. I am now writing up the Documentation (How it works and how to change things).
    I also have someone creating the logo for it, his name is Aztec!

New Fixes:
    ~ Server upgraded to 0.2, should now fix all connections errors. Try it now!

22. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

Edit, nevermind looking more into your description I think he was serious.