Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Touch Controls : Virtual Controls 100% new UI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, Jan 11, 2015.

1. artysta

artysta

I'm seeing this on your latest update. Should I?
    Assets/EasyTouchControls/Plugins/ETCBase.cs(146,56): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.isLoadingLevel' is obsolete: `This property is deprecated, please use LoadLevelAsync to detect if a specific scene is currently loading.'

2. DanielFF

DanielFF

HI,

I have a problem, when I add EasyTouch in the scene, the inputField (standard unity control ) stop work, any tips?

thank you!

3. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

If your InputField is in another canvas, this is normal. This comes from the Graphic raycaster component that locks the detection based on, the order of canvas in the hierarchy.

You have to add Graphic raycaster component to each UI Element where is needed if you-have Many canvas, and remove those that are attached to the canvas.

4. DanielFF

DanielFF

I Created the inputField under EasyTouchControlsCanvas and it did not work (I have only that canvas)

but if I disable the current EventSystem object and then add new EventSystem the inputfield works

5. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

It comes from that the canvas created by EasyTouch doesn't have StandaloneInputModule, I'm going to add it by default.

Add this Component , or done as you did,by creating the EventSystem GameObject yourself.

6. DanielFF

DanielFF

Ok, thank you!

7. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

EasyTouch Controls 1.2.6 is alive in the asset store http://u3d.as/b7W

News
    * You can choose to unregister or not the controls at disabling time. (look at inspector)
    * StandAloneInputModule composant is automatically add to the EventSystem gameobject.
    * InputManager is automatically add in static (in the hierachy) when you create a control.

Bug fixed
    * Change UNITY_IPHONE by UNITY_IOS
    * Second dynamic joystick no longer show when the touch come from another area in the editor mode.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  8. TerryBogardChan

TerryBogardChan

Hi
    I can't find the 1.3.6 version in the asset store, still is 1.2.6.
    and then when I updated the unity 5.2, I got the warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.isLoadingLevel' is obsolete: `This property is deprecated, please use LoadLevelAsync to detect if a specific scene is currently loading.'

how can i fix it?

9. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Sorry, it's a mistake on my part in the post, it is the 1.2.6 is the latest version.

This is not an error, but a warning linked to the 5.2. (Easy Touch Control was uploaded with 5.0.0). But Unity does not provide equivalent function, LoadLevelAsync method doen't allow to know if a level is being loaded.

A specific version for Unity 5.2 will be available in one hours, download the packag from your Unity 5.2

10. TerryBogardChan

TerryBogardChan

the problem is fixed, thanks

11. Mukabr

Mukabr

Hello guys, how you doing?

There's a option to customize the pressed sprite of each direction of a DPAD?

Thanks!

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

There are no existing option, however the controls using classic Unity Image UI element. So you can change yourself. To do that, You have just to create that check the DPAD axis and change the image

13. songhuaiyu

songhuaiyu

Hi,
    i found a bug of control camera rotate with easy touch 4,i used version is 4.3.0,i open the example:FPS_Example,then run it with unity editor,when i move mouse up and down quickly,the camera while tilt.
    Forgive my poor English

14. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Can update your EasyTouch with the last version 4.4.0 from your account. This bug has been corrected

15. f1chris

f1chris

I'm using the latest 4.4 version and having 1 joystick few buttons and touchpad. I would like to double-tap my touchpad to start en even ( Fire in this case). Just can't figure out how to enable that double-tap.

Any clue please ?

thanks
    Chris

16. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch Controls doesn't support classical gesture, It is the role of EasyTouch to manage gesture . You can update your licence to EasyTouch It will allow you to catch several event, and test if the position is over a rectTransform.

17. f1chris

f1chris

Sorry maybe I was confusing but that version is exactly what I have. Am I using the right component ? Maybe not.

18. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Conventional gestures do not capture with a touchpad. The touchpad is like a joystick

You can use the trigger component EasyTouch.
    1- Create an empty gameobject
    2- Add script EasyTouch Trigger
    3- Add the script with the Fire method (must be public)
    4- Setup your trigger like this:
    upload_2016-1-6_7-19-15.png

You can watch this video too

19. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

Look at the new features of Easy Touch Controls 2.0 (coming soon)
    * Turn and Move direct action is now available.It allows you to create a quick third person as Angry Bot demo
    * Jump direct action is now available.
    * Camera follow features
    * Auto link on tag : you can use direct mode without making reference to a physical gameobject in the Inspector.The joystick take the reference gameobject possessing a specific tag.
    * Dead zone : You can now chose a curve to manage the deads zones of axes.
    * New methods are exposed in input manager (ETCInput)
    * New examples
    * New prefab for quick prototype.
    * new aspect of the Inspector

20. Epsilon2

Epsilon2

Hello!

I am using Easy Touch Controls 2.0.7, it's great asset, very easy to use, but I have strange problem which I could not to fix.

I have two different controls at the same canvas - ETC Joystick and ETC DPad. I have only one of them shown at the same time, because this is a specific of the game - the current player can select controlling device right in game (there are areas in the scene which should be passed by character controlled by Joystick as well as the areas which should be controlled by DPad.

I've tried to hide inactive control by SetActive(false), this is working bad, because after shown back this control does not work (not receive touches). Then I've tried to hide inactive control by GetComponent<ETCJoystick>().enabled = false. This works better, but when I have both components SetActive'd, ETC DPad stop receiving touches.

May be better to demonstrate this by some screenshots

Here we have ETC Joystick is active and ETC DPad is disabled (component is disabled, but gameobject is active).
    Everything is working fine.

E20160924-165643[1].png

Here we have ETC DPad is active and ETC Joystick is disabled (component is disabled, but gameobject is active).
    DPad does not receive touches! (P.S. I've put DPad a bit aside to prevent overlapping issues).

E20160924-170039[1].png

When I disabled ETC Joystick GameObject initially (before start of the game), then ETC DPad works fine.

What should I do to achieve required functionality?

Thank you!

P.S. Thank you for great and useful asset!

21. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi

Weird, I did a simple test scene, where there are one joystick and one touchPad. Each controller has the same name for each axis. In this case don't forget to enable "unregister at disabling time" in the inspector for the joystick and the touchpad
    upload_2016-9-25_12-27-27.png

These controllers simply use direction to rotate a cube

I added a check box that allows changing. Here the script that enable or disable controller
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class ControllerActivator : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     public GameObject joystick;
    7.     public GameObject touchPad;
    9.     public void SetControl(bool value){
    11.         if (value){
    12.              joystick.SetActive( false);
    13.             touchPad.SetActive(true);
    15.         }
    16.         else{
    17.             touchPad.SetActive(false);
    18.             joystick.SetActive( true);
    19.         }
    20.     }
    21. }
    You can test the webGL here. :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8514696/Asset Store/EasyTouch/Support/WebGLTwoController/index.html

22. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

Hi - Just purchased and started using ETC, with high hopes. I am stumped right off the bat though, using a simple joystick. The controls work well while pressed, but when just moving my mouse (no button clicked) the joystick jumps around in the vertical axis, controlling the camera as if it were pressed, but also pushing the joystick quite far, off the screen actually. Then it comes back when I press on the area where it should be (center of the joystick ring).
    Any idea how I can fix? otherwise looks like an excellent solution.
    Thanks.

23. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Can you give me your unity version , and do you this issue with the examples provided ?

24. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

Hi Nicolas, thanks for the quick response- I am using Unity 5.4.0b11 personal, and I am using the joystick provided with no alteration (I think that is what you are asking).

25. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

5.4.0B11 you use an old beta version ?

I want to know if you have the same issue when you launch example scene ?

26. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

Yes just checked, the same issue in example scene Joystick-Direct-SimpleFPS.unity

27. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Do you have an official version of Unity no a beta version ?
    Do you have this issue on real device ?

Because what is strange is that it is a very old bug, and I don't have this issue in 5.2.0 o 5.5.0

28. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Can you give me you EasyTouch Control version thank

29. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

getting unity 5.5 now, purchased ETC a day or two ago. What do you mean by a real device? a touchscreen input device?

30. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

Easy Touch Control 5

31. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

32. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

not yet, I will try that

33. Teadaddy

Teadaddy

tested on touchscreen with no problem, seems like it is only with the mouse or trackpad
    I will test with unity 5.5 as well

34. Kennir

Kennir

Hi Nicolas, Can ETCD dpad play a transition or animation on pressed?

35. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

You can do evrything you want, don't forget that you use EasyTouch controls as you use Unity Axes. So you can directly call a method from inspector, or create your own script that will read the dpad value.

36. TerryBogardChan

TerryBogardChan

hi guys, when I import the plugin , I got the warning continuous, are there any solution? my unity version is 2017.3.1f1

Attached Files:

37. angel_m

angel_m

I think this asset is abandoned by the developer.

38. TerryBogardChan

TerryBogardChan

oh really? too bad, the plugin is good to use.