Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy-To-Use Accelerator Installation In Docker

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Can-Baycay, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can-Baycay

Can-Baycay

In the past months, I've tried to use Accelerator a couple of times. Every single time I've given up after it took some miserable couple of hours. The entry barrier for using Accelerator is waaaay too high.

Now that we really need to use Accelerator in our projects, I've decided to spend a day and solve this problem. Decided to document it and share so hopefully some more people out there struggling, may also find inner peace now :D. Hopefully Unity will fill the documentation and lower the entry barrier one day. Until then, I hope these would help a bit.

https://github.com/CanBaycay/UnityAcceleratorDocker

You can setup without any Docker knowledge. Just follow the instructions in Absolutely Easy Setup if you feel eager. Otherwise take a look at the Custom Setup which is still fairly easy to understand.

Installing Accelerator inside a virtual environment like Docker has some advantages. It will keep your system clean by putting the processes, files and configurations of Accelerator away from your environment that you daily use. It will also prevent any damage to your data and system if something goes terribly wrong when trying to install or configure Accelerator.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    rainkraken and emiliza_gutierrez like this.