Search Unity

Feedback Easy OS - Interface management system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dzherikhov, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Dzherikhov

Dzherikhov

For technical support, write in this forum thread or email denis@proger.xyz

1950х1300.png
    The system for managing the interface of virtual windows, folders and other elements of the operating system. This asset has a flexible architecture that can be integrated into your project, ranging from simulating an operating system to developing a file manager and cloud storage. The asset contains the UI package and the functionality of the main elements of interaction with the interface.

Features:
    • Manage windows on the desktop
      Resizing, moving windows within the limited space of the desktop, transferring focus to the selected window, collapsing, expanding to full screen, closing.
    • Desktop
      Files and folders can be dragged and dropped within the desktop along a given grid. This grid is flexibly configured and cell sizes are automatically calculated.
    • Folder system
      The folder system is designed in such a way that it stores information about all its ancestors and child elements that are contained within it. The folder contains a workspace where other folders/files can be placed. There is also a check to see if the folder moves into itself or into its child.
    • Bottom taskbar
      The taskbar displays open folders or files. On the panel, you can move the focus to the required window, as well as minimize / maximize the window.
    • System Alerts
      A flexible pop-up message constructor with the ability to send an event depending on which button the user presses in this window. For example, calling an event after pressing the "Confirm" button. Created pop-up messages in the constructor can be called from any part of the code.
    • Central system manager
      You probably won't need to search for the right script and try to figure out what it does. All basic settings can be made using a simple and flexible configurator of all the features of this asset in one place.
    • Network communication and local data storage
      It is very easy to upgrade this asset for networking or local data storage. You will need to convert the serializable classes to the json format, which already stores all the information about folders, location, and so on. And work with this json file as you wish.
    • Basic set of UI elements
      There is a stylish UI for the main elements of the operating system, which you can use in any of your projects.

newFosco likes this.
  2. tapticc

tapticc

Hello,

Things I would like to see in the asset to help make it stand out:

- There should be scripts already present to update the date / time on the bottom bar, you shouldn't need to code these yourself as straight forward as that is

- Would be nice to start as a locked screen where you have to enter your login details to open up your desktop

- Right click context menus, for example when selecting a file, you might want to open the file, rename the file, delete the file. A context menu in the same style as the demo would be ideal to get people started

- Border selection around files would be nice

- Auto hide the task bar would be nice

- Rename WindowDrug to WindowDrag to sound less narcotics-related!

I'm happy with the asset but figured constructive feedback might be helpful

3. Dzherikhov

Dzherikhov

Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely make some suggestions in a future update, such as the right-click context menu.
    Very funny typo in class name "WindowDrug", maybe it's a feature or an easter egg;)

tapticc likes this.
  4. SLThompson

SLThompson

In the demo there is an issue when you move a folder into another folder and then back out. When its moved back out onto the desktop the folder name doesn't show any longer.

5. Dzherikhov

Dzherikhov

Good afternoon!

I'm looking at myself now, I can't repeat this bug! Maybe after importing the asset, you lost some dependencies. Can you look in the console for errors?

In the demo version, which is presented in webgl on the assets page, there are no problems with this either. And here's a demo of the same version of the project you're downloading!
    upload_2023-2-16_14-23-59.png