Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by buchock, Mar 8, 2021.

1. buchock

buchock

Hello,
    I have a local multiplayer game I have mada, and I am trying to make multiplayer so I can play with my friends. All I see are people trying to make these complex games - fps, something like Among us or Teraria. They all allow the players to see different things, and use their own controls.
    But all I want is for everybody to see the same screen and click the same button. For example, if I click "A" it's the same as if one of the other guys clicks "A".
    If someone knows an easy way to do this, can you please tell me.

Thanks in advance

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Easy and networked multiplayer don't go together. Most of the high level networking implementations assume you'll have some kind of character the player is moving around in the game world. So the tutorials might not make a lot of sense for your use case. But that doesn't mean that you can't use the high level systems to make it easier to sync everything.

I'd suggest picking a networking API which looks like it fits what you're trying to do, then follow its documentation and tutorials. If it has a concept of a "Player Object" like Mirror does, you can just make the Player Object an invisible object and use it to send Commands, instead of something you move around the world.