Search Unity

Easy Mobile - Many-in-one package for mobile games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pt5011, Jan 28, 2017.

1. pt5011

pt5011

Hi everyone, SgLib Games here!

We're excited to introduce Easy Mobile, our latest plugin! Easy Mobile is our attempt to create a many-in-one Unity package that greatly simplifies the implementation of de facto standard features of mobile games including advertising, in-app purchasing, game service, notification and native mobile functionalities. It does so by:
    • Providing a friendly editor for setting up and managing things
    • A cross-platform API which allows most tasks to be accomplished with a single line of code
    • Automating chores such as service initialization and ad loading
    • Leveraging official plugins wherever possible, e.g. Google Play Games plugin for Unity, to attain reliability and compatibility without reinventing the wheel.
    This plugin fully supports iOS and Android. Here're its modules and highlights:
    • Advertising
      • Supports AdColony, AdMob, Chartboost, Facebook Audience Network, Heyzap, ironSource, MoPub, Tapjoy and Unity Ads
      • Automatic ad loading
      • Allows using multiple ad networks in one game
      • Allows different ad configurations for different platforms
      • Allows using multiple ad placements
    • In-App Purchasing
      • Custom editor for easy management of product catalog
      • Receipt validation
    • Game Services
      • Works with Game Center on iOS and Google Play Games Services on Android
      • Custom editor for easy management of leaderboards and achievements
      • [Pro-only] Saved Games: save game data to iCloud (iOS) or Google Drive (Android) with automatic conflict resolution
    • [Pro-only] GIF
      • Records screen, plays recorded clips and exports GIF images
      • High-performance, mobile-friendly GIF encoder
      • Giphy upload API for sharing GIF to social networks
    • Notifications
      • Fully-customizable local notifications
      • Fully supports Android 8.0 notification channels & channel groups
      • Compatible with OneSignal, a free and popular service for push notifications
    • Privacy
      • Provides tools and resources to help getting compliant with user privacy regulations such as GDPR
      • Multi-purpose native consent dialog that can act as the common interface for collecting user consent for all relevant services, instead of having multiple interfaces for various services
      • Built-in system to manage consent and communicate consent to relevant services
      • API to check if the current device is in the European Economic Area region (EEA region, affected by GDPR)
    • Sharing
      • Shares texts and images to social networks using the native sharing functionality
    • Native APIs
      • Native UI: mobile native UI elements such as alerts and (Android) toasts
      • More native functionalities will be added soon
    • Utilities
      • Store Review: an effective way to solicit app reviews using the native rating prompt on iOS and a highly customizable rating popup on Android
    APIs:
    - C#
    - [Pro-only] Visual Scripting (100+ Playmaker actions)

Versions:
    - Easy Mobile Pro
    - Easy Mobile Basic (deprecated since Feb 2020)
    - Easy Mobile Lite (Free)

Links:
    - Online Documentation
    - API Reference
    - Demo APK (Pro version)
    - Demo APK (Basic version)
    - Android Beta Testing Campaign (for IAP demo)

Thanks for reading! If you have any question or comment, please leave it below.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Jasinka, shamsfk and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. shamsfk

shamsfk

That is a nice asset! I'm jumping in and crossing fingers for it to succeed..
    I sadly own every piece of well known convoluted monstrosity as there was no alternative at a time. Thats a breeze to have something lean at last.
    Please keep updating and try to keep it clean)

3. pt5011

pt5011

Keeping the plugin clean, simple and easy to use is our target. Thank you!

shamsfk likes this.
  4. shamsfk

shamsfk

There should be more platform specific stuff like ReplayKit thou, hoping for it to come soon)

5. pt5011

pt5011

Thanks for the suggestion! We will think about it :)

6. Eitrius

Eitrius

Couple of questions. Are you going to add support for multiplayer? And concerning the discount, will the asset be $50 after Feb. 14th?

7. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

Hello, is the source code included in the Asset Store download? Thanks :)

8. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi, yes, source is included.

pt5011 and stevenatunity like this.
  9. SupremApp

SupremApp

Hello have you tested this asset using the unity cloud build and/or the unity collaboration beta ?

10. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Looks Like i have missed the discounted price... :(

11. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    - Easy Mobile itself should build fine, however some plugins that it relies on, e.g. Google Mobile Ads, hasn't supported Unity Cloud Build yet, at least in the short term, as stated here https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/issues/333
    - We haven't tried the Collaboration beta yet.

12. pt5011

pt5011

You should've acted quicker :)

13. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

All good, the plugin was on discounted price was not mentioned on the asset store description... and i never visited the plugin forum so i never knew it was on discounted price...

pt5011 likes this.
  14. Xalior

Xalior

Are there any plans to add tvOS support to this plugin, to mostly to make it "not impossible" for us to port iOS games to tvOS ;-)

-Dx

15. pt5011

pt5011

Thanks for the question.
    We haven't had a plan for tvOS support. Right now most of the 3rd party services that Easy Mobile works with (e.g AdMob, Chartboost) haven't supported tvOS, so it would be a "partial support", which is not desirable to us.
    We will focus on iOS and Android and try to bring a consistent experience across the two platforms.

16. l4ur1ds

l4ur1ds

Hi,
    I have some questions.

1) Is it possible to load user data (name, user image)
    2) Is there a way to use cloud save from google game services in a simplified way
    3) are the custom leaderboard loading functions crossplatform (loading 10 leaderboard entries around the user etc.)
    4) is there a way to logout the user

Thanks in advance!

17. pt5011

pt5011

Hi, thanks for your questions!

1) Yes, you can load user data of the local user, friends or a list of users with known IDs.
    2) Not yet implemented, but definitely in our plan.
    3) Yes, our API is cross-platform between iOS and Android.
    4) No we don't have that.

Hope that answers your questions. Thank you!

18. Jasinka

Jasinka

Hello,
    Can it be problem with new-updated plugin?
    How to fix this error -

Thanks.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  19. pt5011

pt5011

The error probably was because the play-services-ads-lite-x.x.x.aar was missing. This file should exist in your Plugins/Android folder.

Please go to 'Assets > Play Services Resolver > Android Resolver > Resolve Client Jars' to run the resolver, so that the required play-services-ads-lite file gets added to your project again.

20. thefox

thefox

Hi

I have everything installed and all seems to be working with no errors. The API is simple and nice - good work

I have been trying to use unity test Interstitial ad however in the editor it is not working my code and the demo are not showing the ad

Log states

UnityAdsEditor: Initialize(1410567, True);
    Show alert with message: autoLoadDefaultAds is currently enabled. Ads will be loaded automatically in background without you having to do anything.
    Show alert with message: Interstitial ad is not loaded.

When I click show ad nothing happens. I have an internet connection and I have set up all the config setting also. Am I missing something?

21. thefox

thefox

It works on the device. After some reading it states only on the device it will work. This will be a slow workflow but the code is good.

pt5011 likes this.
  22. Logopolis

Logopolis

Thank you for the very useful asset!

I'm implementing my app's rating request feature now, and found that it would be handy to be able to find out how many requests are allowed per year (rather than just how many are remaining). This would help me to determine how I should space them throughout the year.

Looking through your code, I found that I can find that information here:

EM_Settings.RatingRequest.AnnualCap

This is not mentioned in the docs, so I'm wondering if this is a supported method, or if it might change in a future version? It might be nice to have an accessor method for this in the MobileNativeRatingRequest class?

Thanks again!

23. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply. I don't know why the forum doesn't send me an alert email whenever there's a new post.

Yes you can use the AnnualCap value. That's the value entered in Easy Mobile settings. It's unlikely that it will be changed in the future.

I've made a note in our to-do list to add an accessor method for this in a near update. Thank you for your suggestion!

24. pky

pky

I have bought the Easy Mobile. When I build your demo by choosing the IOS, it hit error below. Please advise.
    FYI, I'm using the unity3d latest version 5.6.2f1 and run in window.

TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD, underlying allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD has unfreed allocations
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD, underlying allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD has unfreed allocations

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  25. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,

These seem to be Unity internal errors while it's drawing the inspector. They're probably not related to Easy Mobile.

Did the build failed and these were the only errors?

26. pky

pky

Yes, that is the only errors I get. Is there any work around to temporary fix the issue?
    I also facing the same issue when building the SkyJump for IOS.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  27. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,

I found this relevant link https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/q...-error-using-fireworks-and-explosion-particle

and found out that the issue was tracked here https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-temp-thread-error-caused-by-particle-systems

where many people were claiming they got the error when building for iOS. Weird I've never had this issue (maybe it is Windows specific, and I'm on a Mac).

The error seemed caused by the Fireworks prefab from standard assets as well as those particle systems "Having the same sub emitter used at 2 or more different levels of the hierarchy". Some said they got it even without any particle systems. We don't have any particle systems in the demo app. Did you add some to the built app, especially those from the Standard Assets?

I suggest you to try with another Unity version to see if the error gets solved. Please try Unity 2017.1.0, or even 5.6.0, if you don't require those newest features of the other versions.

28. pky

pky

Thanks for the suggestion and findings. I have used the older Unity version 5.5.4 and it is working properly now.
    Hopefully this ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD error will get resolve in next update of unity update.

pt5011 likes this.
  29. pt5011

pt5011

@Logopolis I just want to let you know that the next update will have an accessor method to get the AnnualCap from the MobileNativeRatingRequest class.

And nearly 100 Playmaker actions too ;)

30. pt5011

pt5011

Hopefully so :)

31. v_James_v

v_James_v

Hi,
    I've been using easy mobile for a while now and absolutely love it. Hands down the best solution on the asset store. So simple to implement and it just works, always.
    A couple possible suggestions for a future version...
    ~ In game user feedback. My current method for feedback is to simply direct the user to their mail app via mailto:#### and I find people generally don't like to submit feedback from their personal email address and would prefer to remain anonymous. I noticed Clash of Clans has what looks to be an in-app native popup for player feedback. This allows the player to send from within the app, and also the option to leave their email address blank. Not sure if this is something that could be incorporated into Easy Mobile.
    ~ Rating popup. The yearly cap is awesome, however it would be cool to implement a cooling off period before I can prompt again. Eg, wait at least 30 days before prompt can be shown again. Currently I show a popup after the user hits certain criteria eg new high score, times played etc.
    Anyway, sweet asset!
    Thanks!

pt5011 likes this.
  32. pt5011

pt5011

@v_mace_v Thank you so much for choosing Easy Mobile, and for your awesome review!
    Regarding your suggestions:
    ~ I'm not sure about the possibility of sending anonymous emails, or how CoC implemented their feedback feature. Maybe they send the feedback directly to their server? Is it at all possible without a dedicated server? We need more investigation. I'll put it to our to-do list.
    ~ The cooling off period sounds like a useful setting and can be added without much hassle. Hopefully we'll have it in the next one or two updates.
    Thanks!

v_James_v likes this.
  33. v_James_v

v_James_v

Awesome thank you! :)

34. LilGames

LilGames

What would be causing this warning?

Google.VersionHandlerImpl DLL is already loaded

I have one of your game packages and I imported the Easy Mobile pro version. Then I imported Google's Mobile Ads plugin (the official package direct from Google). I think there's duplicate functionality between the two. So how do I resolve this?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  35. LilGames

LilGames

Also have this warning (but its just a warning):

Assets/_Branches/Scripts/PremiumFeatures/ScoreReporter.cs(23,32): warning CS0618: `EasyMobile.GameServiceManager.UserAuthenticated' is obsolete: `This event is obsolete since version 1.0.2; use the UserLoginSucceeded event instead.'

(Using Unity 5.6.2f)

36. pt5011

pt5011

Honestly, I don't know exactly what caused that warning, maybe Google Mobile Ads was trying to load one of its internal DLL but found out that it was loaded already. It's most likely harmless.

This warning is EasyMobile specific. As it stated, the UserAuthenticated is deprecated and will be removed in future versions, you should use the UserLoginSucceeded event, which supersedes UserAuthenticated.

37. underdog1515

underdog1515

Hi, @pt5011 !
    A couple questions regarding the asset:
    1. Is sharing feature works properly on Android 7? As far as I know a lot of other assets are unuseful because sharing of a picture (or screenshot) is not working on Android 7 with API level 24 or higher.
    2. Which minimum API level (Android) should be set in the player settings?

38. GregoryT

GregoryT

Hi, @pt5011

Please, add local notifications support (and playmaker actions) in next updates. Thanks!

39. ina

ina

40. BigToe

BigToe

I noticed that the submit button on my rating dialogue is greyed out and inactive. I would like to figure out what might be causing that. Any help would be much appreciated. It’s my last issue before submitting the update to the app store.

Attached Files:

41. GregoryT

GregoryT

Please, add localization functionality for Rating Request fields (with playmaker actions)

42. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    We replied you via email, but this information should be useful to other members too: the submit button on iOS native rating prompt will be greyed out until your app is actually live on the app store.
    Thanks.

43. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I totally agree that being able to localize the rating popup would be much helpful.
    On solution I can think of now is to allow editing/setting the fields from script, so you can use it in conjunction with one of the localization assets available on the store.
    This will certainly be added to our (already long) to-do list :)

44. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Leader board UI takes too much time to load or sometimes wont even load, i dnt think its easy mobile related issue, but any help on this will be helpfull.

Edit: May be it was a problem from Google side, suddenly everything is working fine...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  45. Jasinka

Jasinka

Anyone have aps on ios and using ADMOB? Maybe you can share with me matched ratio? I have very low ratio on ios, with android everyting is perfect (<95%).... Thanks for help in advance :)

46. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Hi, i have some questions before i buy.

About Gif recorder: Is it possible to save gif image to default gallery path on android? If so, how to do it?
    Thank you

EDIT: OK I Purchased it

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  47. sygaki786

sygaki786

Hi, I am interested in purchasing this asset. Will I be able to have leaderboards for more than a 100 levels or is it limited by Google (70?), Apple and Facebook limits?

Thanks
    Arshad

48. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    It's currently not available yet. Hopefully we'll have it in a few more updates. However, AFAIK, GIF images appear as static (only show first frame) in the gallery.
    And thanks for purchasing EM :)

49. pt5011

pt5011

Hi,
    Thanks for your interest in EM!
    EM provides API to work with the leaderboards & achievements offered by Google Play Game Services (Android) and Game Center (iOS), so any limits from their ends hold true.

50. pt5011

pt5011

Hi, thanks for your interest in our products and sorry for the late reply!

1. Easy Mobile: GIF Tools shares the same GIF package as included in the standard version of Easy Mobile.
    2. Upgrade from EM: GIF Tools to standard EM is $25.
    3. The social sharing feature works fine on iOS 11. iOS 11 only deprecates the social accounts in its Settings app. The sharing sheet, which EM employs, remains intact.