Search Unity

Easy List View Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by joeconstable97, Jun 4, 2019.

1. joeconstable97

joeconstable97

NOW RELEASED!
    http://u3d.as/1y4h

Hey all!

I've made a little tool for Unity that allows users to create lists using Unity's UI system much more easily. I was inspired by how Xamarin and WPF did it, using bindings and Observable Collections.

I decided to make this tool because I've always found it to be a bit of a pain to quickly create dynamic lists in Unity and wanted to create something that could process much more simple and be used independently in any project.

Examples:

Check it out here:

http://u3d.as/1y4h

I'd have made this free but I'm currently a student and every little helps ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. horizontwin_unity

horizontwin_unity

Hi, can check how do I reload the list view with updated data source? Basically I loaded the list view with a data collection and I tried to refresh the list view with new set of data collection:

Collection.Clear();
    List.SetBinding(Collection);

But the code above will create duplicate rows under the list view. Appreciate your help, thanks.

3. joeconstable97

joeconstable97

Hmm, perhaps the clear event isn't been caught properly, have you tried removing each of the elements in collection individually? i.e.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. while(Collection.Count > 0)
    2. {
    3.    Collection.RemoveAt(0);
    4. }

4. horizontwin_unity

horizontwin_unity

Thanks for your reply. I have tried but it will still show duplicate items. I have fixed it by resetting the collection:
    Collection = new ObservableCollection<iListModel>();
    List.SetBinding(Collection);

joeconstable97 likes this.
  5. AxeAficionado

AxeAficionado

Hello! Is there a way to search through the collection and rebind only those that match a certain string? For example, if there is a name item, find all that the name item matches and only display those. I have tried the two following statements with no luck.

Code (CSharp):
    1. membersCol = new ObservableCollection<iListModel>(membersCol.Where(x => String.Equals(((Entry)x).FirstName, search, StringComparison.InvariantCulture)));
    Code (CSharp):
    1. membersCol = new ObservableCollection<iListModel>(membersCol.Where(x => ((Entry)x).FirstName.StartsWith(search)));

6. joeconstable97

joeconstable97

Hi, thanks for the question. This is untested so I could be wrong about this but...
    Re-assigning the ObservableCollection messes with the callback used internally.
    Have you tried something like?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. membersCol.Clear();
    2. var newList = membersCol.Where(x => String.Equals(((Entry)x).FirstName, search, StringComparison.InvariantCulture));
    3. membersCol.AddRange(newList);

7. AxeAficionado

AxeAficionado

That got me where I needed. Thanks for the reply and assistance!

joeconstable97 likes this.