Search Unity

Easy Level Loader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by langem, Dec 5, 2013.

1. langem

langem

Hi everybody,

I just released a new asset in the asset store. It's called "Easy Level Loader" and is availabe here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13163

The purpose of the EasyLevelLoader is to avoid having one scene per level. Using one scene per level can result in huge game packages, which is specially critical for mobile games. With the EasyLevelLoader you are abled to use only one scene for your game and load all the necessary level objects dynamically at the beginning of a level.

FEATURES
    - Save position, rotation, scale of Prefabs in a binary file.
    - Load them in the beginning of your level.
    - You are also abled to save additional Information of the Prefabs. This way you can specialize certain Gameobjects.
    - Undo supported
    - Source included (C#)

Here you can find a documentation/step by step guide: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6305477/UnityAssetStore/EasyLevelLoader_Documentation.pdf

I recently used it in one of my own games KINGS OF PARKING 3D (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.tiltgames.kingsofparking3d) and it reduced the APK size by ~10MB.

I hope you like it. Any comments and questions are welcome.

best regards,
    Matthias

2. haim96

haim96

Hi,

i just bought this asset and it's great...(at least on paper ... :) )
    i'm trying to implement it in my project but i keep get an error when loading a saved level.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EasySaveLoad.CreateLevelObjects (.SaveData pData) (at Assets/Plugins/EasyLevelLoader/Scripts/EasySaveLoad.cs:238)
    EasySaveLoad.Load (System.String filePath) (at Assets/Plugins/EasyLevelLoader/Scripts/EasySaveLoad.cs:201)
    EasyLevel.LoadLevel (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/EasyLevelLoader/Scripts/EasyLevel.cs:56)
    EasyLevelEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Editor/EasyLevelEditor.cs:110)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1124)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

the demo scene works great. i wonder if this related to the fact that some of my prefabs are empty gameobject.
    i'm using them as spawn points. they include only the basic transform component and the easy level node script.

thanks,

haim.

3. haim96

haim96

OK.... i got it. i didn't put the main script on object with the name "EasyLevel"... :rolleyes:

4. imtrobin

imtrobin

This should be the way. I hate when Unity copies the prefab data into the scene. I looked at the doc, I'm not sure of the workflow.

So I build my scene as normal, then I can run this to strip out prefab data, or?

5. haim96

haim96

does anyone still support this asset? i need help with unity 5....