Search Unity

Easy Input for Gear VR and Oculus Go [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by greggtwep16, May 2, 2017.

1. tomekkie2

tomekkie2

I have tried to update one of my projects to Unity 2019.3.0.f6
    I have a problem with reticle - it does update position on the hit point, but not on canvas.
    The assset is based on the unity EventSystem, which got removed, could you update for the new system?

Is anyone still using this asset in the recent unity versions or there are other, better options now?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Protozoaire likes this.
  2. tomekkie2

tomekkie2

Looks like I have found a fix for this:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. if (result.gameObject != null)// && result.worldPosition == Vector3.zero)
    3.             {
    4.             //result.worldPosition = GetIntersectPosition(UICamera, result);
    This was just to comment some pieces of code in EasyInputModule.cs file

Another question:
    Is this asset compatible with Oculus Integration v. 14?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Protozoaire likes this.
  3. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Sorry for the late reply, things have been a bit crazy over here on lockdown. The Unity Eventsystem wasn't removed but rather they put it into a separate package. For a few versions of Unity their automatic popup didn't catch and fix the references, but last I checked it does now. Certainly let me know if this is still an issue.

As far as Oculus Integration versions yes.

4. dsantelli

dsantelli

Hi,
    I purchased Easy Input Gear VR two years ago and it's a great tool for fast develpment. Great work!
    I'm working with another device now so i cant use anymore your product.
    I would like to adapt your " in editor" simulated feature for native oculus sdk. All i need is in EasyInputHelper.cs?

5. jons190

jons190

I have the standard dpad controller working for FPS moment on my controller in VR on the Go, but would like to add some additional functionality (weapon change, jump, crouch etc) with the touchpad via some swips. Is the "custom tough controller" the script I would use for this? I have some actions defined in my moment script for these actions, but am not sure how to link them up in he editor (forgive me as I am an artist by training and have only a passing understanding of C3 coding) So far your script is working really well for me Cheers!

6. jons190

jons190

Alright, new issue.

Unity 2018.4lst, Oculus 1.28, Deving for the GO.
    Got Dpad motion controller working for Fist person moment. and actually works great. But The OVR manager is not getting called by default it looks like. (looking in the code it looks like its looking for unity 2017 and stops there.

So I add the OVR manager manually into my scene and the forward moment for "standard d pad controller" stops working. I can still turn right left, but forward and back movement stops. Once I pull the ovr manager out, everything starts working as expected. But alas, I need ovr manager for folviated rendering and headset off detection.

Any thought on how to fix?

Cheers.

7. sluggo2112

sluggo2112

Sorry if this has been asked before but haven't been able to find an answer...

Been using Easy Input for a couple years now and love it but after upgrading to Unity 2019.3.x or above I get a problem with the Event System and can't seem to get past the problem. I can literally create a new project with only the Easy Input demo scenes and fail. Blue screens until I remove the Event System object and recreating the Event System object doesn't fix the problem.

My game is using the Universal Render Pipeline if that matters. This worked correctly under LWP and 2018.x versions.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jeff

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  8. jons190

jons190

Hi jeff, for what its worth. I just rolled back to unity 2018lts and a couple earlier versions of OVR and it aligned the easy input code to what it was written for and fixed a few of my bugs. I was starting to see odd bugs as I worked up the updated software pipeline. had to roll back...

sluggo2112 likes this.
  9. sluggo2112

sluggo2112

Yep I ended up rolling back to 2018.2.19f1 to get it working. They killed the Go so this problem will be short lived anyway. Thanks for your help!

10. jons190

jons190

hey just an update, I just found out the Go store will stay open till 2022... Just an FYI...

11. Protozoaire

Protozoaire

Thank you for that :)
    I updated my project from 2018 to 2019 too.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    tomekkie2 likes this.
  12. Protozoaire

Protozoaire

Yes please fix that for the Unity 2019 version so other devs won't have to modify the code manually with:

1. if (result.gameObject != null)// && result.worldPosition == Vector3.zero)
    2. {
    3. //result.worldPosition = GetIntersectPosition(UICamera, result);

13. Joits

Joits

Any chance of this plugin being updated to support Quest/Quest2?

tomekkie2 likes this.