Search Unity

Easy Destructible Wall

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AquaGeneral, Mar 1, 2011.

1. AquaGeneral

AquaGeneral

I created this package to help those who just want to drag and drop a destructible asset straight into there game.

Description:
    You can try the Web Player demo here. Alternatively, you can also watch a video of it in action here.

Asset Store: http://u3d.as/content/jesse-stiller/easy-destructible-wall/1zX

Any feedback welcome :)

Attached Files:

• $1.png
      $1.png
      File size:
      194 KB
      Views:
    • $2.png
      $2.png
      File size:
      207.5 KB
      Views:
    • $4.png
      $4.png
      File size:
      236.1 KB
      Views:
    • $7.png
      $7.png
      File size:
      469.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. p6r

p6r

Very good idea and nice effect !
    I like this...

6R

3. AquaGeneral

AquaGeneral

I must admit, it's fun coming back to projects months later to update them :)

I have pushed v1.2 with the following changes:
    • Added the "Example Demo" scene. Alongside it's minor dependencies
    • New interface, allowing the player to restart and switch between both scenes
    • Interface.js and MouseOrbit.js (modified) Script
    • Minor changes to DestructionManager.js documentation

The update is still pending for review. Though you can try the new and improved demo in the meantime here.

4. AquaGeneral

AquaGeneral

Version 1.21 is out already! I honestly wasn't expecting this to happen until next morning.

While I was waiting I created a video showcasing the Easy Destructible Wall inside of the Unity Bootcamp demo here. It almost could have worked just by dragging and dropping the prefab, though the demo uses the layer based collision matrix, so I had to make sure each layer would interact with the wall if necessary. It took me about an hour to fully implement, most of that time was spent playing around and tweaking the behaviour.

5. MRProproduction1

MRProproduction1

ok i love it but in RB_sleep how could i add health to it so that i need a gun to shot and when it health at 0 it unfreezes

6. AquaGeneral

AquaGeneral

@MRProproduction1 - If you are using "ChunkWall" (C# or JS version) you should see that each chunk has a RBSleep script attached, as well as a DestructionManager script. In the DestructionManager, you could either modify that script to unfreeze the object, or you could initially have the rigidbody component removed, and add it back after the health value has reached the breaking point.

If you require any more assistance, I'd be happy to help.