Search Unity

Easy Code Scanner Unity plugin for Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by C4MProdDev, Nov 22, 2012.

1. atogno

atogno

Hi, I'm interested in buying your product, but before that I want to confirm the features first.

Can I know the orientation of qrcode. I need it for Android and IOS?
    Can I launch qr scanner multiples times?

2. jnbt

jnbt

What is the current state of 64-bit support on iOS? Has anyone tried it yet?

3. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi Atogno,
    We have nothing to know the orientation of qrcode.
    For the multiple times thing, you can launch qr scanner as many time as you want but only one at a time.
    When you recieve the result from one, you can start a new scan.
    hi jnbt,
    We need to test this.

4. FernandoRCosta

FernandoRCosta

Hi C4MProdDev,

I want to change the UI.

For this I read the README.txt, but I doing something wrong. I tried to import the project (* First import the /Assets/Plugins/Android/project folder in Eclipse (right-click and Import)) but I'm getting "No projects are found to import" in Eclipse (see image EasyCode.png).

I tried others directories, but I got the same message.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  5. jnbt

jnbt

I'm still in the process of porting a game to 64bit. It isn't fully running at the moment. But I got the EasyCodeScanner running on 64 bit by replacing the libzbar libray. The provided once doesn't include binaries for 64 bit.
    I think you already have a build script for libzbar, but I've found the following guide quite helpful: http://www.federicocappelli.net/2012/10/05/zbar-library-for-iphone-5-armv7s/ But add "arm64" to the valid architectures.

6. JBrantley

JBrantley

Hey Guys,

The app I'm trying to build requires to use the front camera. I just wanted to know if I comment out the ActiveCamera.java file do I need to compile the code or will Unity do that for me? I'm pretty sure it's the latter but I just wanted to see you're guys input on it.

7. Ghus86

Ghus86

So two questions about this plugin before buying it

Can I use it with unity free version ?

Is it ready for the new apple rule of iOS 64 bits support ?

Thanks in advance

@jnbt to get it running you just replaced the libzar for a 64bit version like this https://github.com/null09264/ZBarSDK-for-iOS ?

8. BlueKyle

BlueKyle

Hi @C4MProdDev, I'm interested in your product. But there are somethings I want to ask you first.
    - does this plugin work with IOS 8 and Android (min)Kitkat?
    - does this plugin compatible with vuforia? Because I'll use AR Camera from vuforia to scan QR Code.
    - is this plugin support Unity 4.5?
    Thank you.

9. AwDogsGo2Heaven

AwDogsGo2Heaven

Interested in this to but need confirmation it will work with iOS 8 64 bit

10. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi Cynthia,

We are using it with Unity 4.5.5, with vuforia and it runs on iOS 8 and Android with no problem in one of our game. So yes to all your question ^^.

11. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

12. Striderz

Striderz

I'm very interested in your asset.
    But I would like to know if it works on Unity 4.6.3 and Unity 5, with no problems.

Thanks

13. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

Hello. We are thinking in buying your asset.

Do you know wether it works or not with Prime31 plugins in Android? I am worried about having conflicts because of the Android manifest...

Additionally, when will the 64 bits support be ready? Will it be before June the first?

14. tammymin

tammymin

HI.
    unity4.6.3 and xcode6.2 Packaging error

Attached Files:

15. sootsprt

sootsprt

Does this plugin generate QR codes from a text string as well as decode them?

16. Tonks

Tonks

Do we have a rough estimate on when the iOS 64bit support will be available?

17. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

The version 2.2 with support for iOS 64 bits has been submitted.

18. avisaxo

avisaxo

Hello.
    The script works full screen for reading QR?
    You can read QR without Internet connection or network?
    What is the optimal reading distance?
    It can work well from Unity 4.3.4?
    I await your response to buy it.
    thanks

19. avisaxo

avisaxo

Hi
    Could you tell me where I can watch some video of the script running as the movies do not work proposed.?
    thanks

dora2999 likes this.
  20. dora2999

dora2999

when 2.2 release?
    I found only version 2.1 on AssetStore

21. Tonks

Tonks

Same for me, only 2.1 seems to be available. I just updated our project from 2.0 expecting the 64bit support, but this is not the case. Is it awaiting approval for the Asset Store? We have had to hold off the update, but the client will want it soon.

22. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

I wrote C4MProd a few hours ago (05/18/2015), and they have confirmed me that it is still waiting for approval.

Tonks likes this.
  23. Tonks

Tonks

Brilliant, thanks. That's all good then, I can feed this information onto our client.

24. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

Hi, everyone. I discovered today that the 2.2 version has been approved and can be found at the asset store. Unfortunately for us, it is Unity 5 ready only, so Unity 4.6.x projects wouldn't be able to use it. I have contacted the authors to find out if there is anything to do about it.

25. Ghus86

Ghus86

ohhhh only Unity 5 support that is not good

2 months waiting and now I can't use it without updating "€€€" unity =(

26. flyingaudio

flyingaudio

Your video doesn't work. Do you have another link?

27. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Unity 5 is free now with full functionality but I will submit an additional version for Unity 4.6. In addition, if you can't wait, just take the jar from the new plugin and replace them in your project. It will work.

28. hirotetsu

hirotetsu

Hi I bought 2.2 from AssetStore. and Try make sample app. Readme file is not updated?
    I got some error when build iOS target.
    Unity 5.0.2f1
    how can I test this?

Plugin 'libiconv.so' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/x86/libiconv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libiconv.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/armeabi/libiconv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libiconv.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/armeabi-v7a/libiconv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libiconv.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/libiconv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libiconv.so
    Plugin 'libzbarjni.so' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/armeabi/libzbarjni.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libzbarjni.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/x86/libzbarjni.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libzbarjni.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/libzbarjni.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libzbarjni.so
    Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/armeabi-v7a/libzbarjni.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libzbarjni.so
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

29. hirotetsu

hirotetsu

I try something and success build for iOS.

*ImportAsset.
    *Delete Plugins/Android/project folder.
    *Edit EZCodeScannerViewController.mm line 196. NSTextAlignmentCenter -> NSTextAlignmentCenter
    *EZCodeScannerViewController.mm Compile flags [-fno-objc-arc] at Inspector

Is these correct?

30. kuailaiwanli

kuailaiwanli

Found plugins with same names and architectures, Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/armeabi/libiconv.so () and Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project/libs/x86/libiconv.so (). Assign different architectures or delete the duplicate.
    UnityEditor.AndroidPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

with 5.0.2

31. hirotetsu

hirotetsu

I try on Android next.

got some error when push Launch scanner button.
    What should I do?

W/dalvikvm(16902): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/c4mprod/ezcodescanner/camera/CameraActivity;

W/dalvikvm(16902): Class init failed in newInstance call (Lcom/c4mprod/ezcodescanner/camera/CameraActivity;)

W/dalvikvm(16902): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40c69438)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1319)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1053)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2002)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2118)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$700(ActivityThread.java:136)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1223)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4903)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:794)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:561)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load iconv: findLibrary returned null

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:365)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:535)

E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.camera.CameraActivity.<clinit>(CameraActivity.java:85)

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  32. Greenmuerte

Greenmuerte

I am also unable to get the load scanner button to work, is any one else having this issue?

33. hirotetsu

hirotetsu

What's your platform?

34. yongyong79

yongyong79

We just got this plugin and want to incorporate it into our Unity4.6 project, please submit a new version for Unity4.6 ASAP, thank you very much.

35. Greenmuerte

Greenmuerte

So basically Im just trying to run the sample project for android. I've been through the read me several times and I've read most of the forums. it will give me a error before the build saying it has duplicate files I forget the error and if I delete those it will load up on me phone and do nothing. I spent about 3 hours yesterday moving files around and change manifest file and still nothing. I dont know if im just missing something but it shouldn't be this hard to figure out the plugin.

36. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

I am having the same issue (check the image). Even with a new empty project and the asset freshly imported, the demo scene won't run in Android. I contacted the developers to know more about the issue. I didn't get any answer so far.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  37. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

I got an answer from C4mprod that solves this issue and allow the app to be deployed, but the app is now stopping when I try to scan (demo scene).

Here it is what people from C4mprod told me to do. If any of you manages to have it working, please, post it here:

[...]
    To resolve this problem, please remove the directory Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins/Android/project.

This directory is used only by eclipse if you want to rebuild the plugin and change the visual interface for scanning.

In addition, please move the directory Assets/Easy Code Scanner v2.2/Plugins in Assets. You must have Assets/Plugins/Android/<all my plugin files> or Assets/Plugin/iOS/<all my plugin files>.
    [...]

I hope this helps.

Aernarion

38. hirotetsu

hirotetsu

Did you get these error?
    E/AndroidRuntime(16902): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load iconv: findLibrary returned null
    E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:365)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:535)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16902): at com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.camera.CameraActivity.<clinit>(CameraActivity.java:85)

Try these My Demo Apps working on Android.
    /Assets/Plugins/Android/libiconv.so
    /Assets/Plugins/Android/libzbarjni.so
    2files change.
    Inspector platforms for plugin check on Android
    Inspector CPU change to AR Mv 7

39. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

No, I didn't. The app stopped without any error message. I believe it is related to Android Manifest and Activities, but I can't be sure.

40. MSFX

MSFX

Would love to see the video of this working, it seems to have been taken off youtube...?

41. acentei

acentei

Whenever I build for android devices, i keep on getting this error.(see pic) My jdk is updated to latest. Also there are no jar files that are duplicated What should i do ? Thank You.

Attached Files:

42. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi all.

When you have the message "Unable to convert classes into dex format", this is probably because you some some libs more than one.
    In the current version of the plugin, all the assets are in Easy Code Scanner vx.y. In this directory you have the directory "Plugins" that must be directly in Assets/ (your root in the editor).
    On Android, we included the source for our jar so that you can change the native interface. This sources are in Plugins/Android/project. the problem is that this directory include the libs already present in Plugins/Android.
    Most of the time the problem is here and you can just remove the "project" directory.

When I encountered this error, after removing the "project" directory, I had a crash when clicking on "Launch scanner" button in our demo scene. The problem was that after removing project directory, Unity do not rebuild everything and do not take thus in "Plugins/Android" directory.
    To solve this, close your project. On your project root, remove "Library" and "Temp" directory. Then, re-open the project and rebuild. It must work now.

To solve all future problem, I just submit a new version of the plugin with files in the right place and sources in a zip.

In addition, I added a version to support Unity 4.6.

Thanks for your patience,

Best regards,

Adrien

alvaro-em likes this.
  43. MSFX

MSFX

Great to see such great support, really encouraged to buy this but any chance of a video being uploaded please, all the previous youtube links don't work :/ :(

44. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

I'm on it ^^

45. keenster

keenster

Hi I'm having a problem with the orientation when the camera is open. my app only support portrait then when i rotate it. my app became landscape on ios..

46. nanohazard

nanohazard

Hi! We are having a problem with the orientation in Easy Code Scanner v2.2, Our app is fixed to portrait orientation only when we open the scanner and test the orientation of the device, the app suddenly viewing different camera view and it seems confuse what orientation will he show.

47. MSFX

MSFX

Have purchased and downloaded 2.3.

In a new Unity project I import the package, change to iOS and then build. I then adjust the two settings in the Build Settings and then try to run but I get a ton of build errors relating to ARC Restrictions and autorelease in XCode and it fails.

OSX 10.10.3, XCode 6.3.2, Unity 5.0.2.

What is going wrong?

48. Samuel22

Samuel22

@MSFX I find a solution for this pb here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...rbids-explicit-message-send-of-release-in-xco

Juste change option "Objective-C Automatic Reference Counting" to NO

But even after correct this, I always have problems.

The first one on EZCodeScannerViewController.mm line 196
    mLabel.textAlignment = UITextAlignmentCenter;

After comment this line the application build but is kill at startup :(

[EDIT] This troubles are with Unity 5. I try with Unity 4.6 and it works :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  49. nanohazard

nanohazard

Hi! We are having a problem with the orientation in Easy Code Scanner v2.2, Our app is fixed to portrait orientation only when we open the scanner and test the orientation of the device, the app suddenly viewing different camera view and it seems confuse what orientation will he show.

50. MSFX

MSFX

So I guess that v2.3 has broken Unity 5 support? I'm relying on another library which is Unity 5 only so can't roll back to Unity 4.6 sadly :( Need this fixed asap