Search Unity

Easy Code Scanner Unity plugin for Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by C4MProdDev, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kolchaud

kolchaud

Hi,

I juste purchase your Asset. I work on Mac, for iphone/ipad target (armv7)
    When I run your demo scene, I built it for IOS 7. But Xcode 3.2 throw me these errors :

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "_launchScannerImpl", referenced from:
    RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    "_getScannedImageImpl", referenced from:
    "_decodeImageImpl", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I rebuild and clean project several times.

Please help.

Thanks.

2. theMarvin

theMarvin

Hello,

I am testing my project on multiple devices including iphone 4s, iphone 5 and iphone 5s.
    after I upgraded them to IOS 7.0.6, scanner in iphone 5s wouldn't work anymore.
    I was wondering if anyone has the same problem.

Aother little thing: How can I make the red line move up and down in the scanning window?

thnak you,

~marvin

3. air98

air98

Hi,

I've been testing with you asset and it works like a charm on landscape, but the image from the camera looks stretched when its on portrait. I've set the orientation in the manifest and set the screen orientation to portrait and the forcelandscape to false when launch the scanner. Is there something else that i have to change?

That's how it looks: $Screenshot_2014-03-07-21-37-47[1].png

4. Lancelot155

Lancelot155

Hi,

Would it be possible to give a more detailed breakdown of changing a display property by opening the plugin in eclipse and especially the exporting process from eclipse back into unity? For Android especially.

I managed to find where the 2px black border was being drawn around the central box in the java code. So i changed to to 10px just to see if it would work and then exported it in the way outlined in the read-me back into unity and the application just crashes instantly.

I know i did nothing wrong in the java code but im very unclear about importing and exporting between unity and eclipse

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    FernandoRCosta likes this.
  5. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi and sorry for the delay,

For kolchaud : Regarding the log, you seem to need to add the easy code scanner library to your xcode project. Did you copy the easy code scanner files on your "assets/plugins/IOS" directory ? (check if the files are in the xcode project)

For sajberek : Do you still have the problem when you change your architecture configuration to armv7 only ?

For theMarvin : Can you give more details about your iphone 5s problem? Can you copy some log ? If you want to move the red line the source are available with the plugin so you can change the code do move the red line.

For air98 and Lancelot155 : You can change view displayed on CameraUI in eclipse.

Thanks

FernandoRCosta likes this.
  6. Joel_Alcero

Joel_Alcero

Hi

I just bought it and I'm getting this error AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.RootActivity and I can't make run the scanner on the example scene

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. tamalive

tamalive

Hi C4M,

Can you help me switch to front camera.

I have one more question :) I use this: EasyCodeScanner.decodeImage (-1, photo); to read qrcode from a photo.
    My app is freeze if photo not is qrcode. It's ok if photo is a qrcode.

Please help me fix it !

Thank you too much,
    Tam

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  8. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi

Did you made the change required in the ReadMe? Do you move the folder?

9. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi,

Do you have some log?

10. BobBobson108

BobBobson108

Resolved issue, it was on my end.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  11. Joel_Alcero

Joel_Alcero

Hi Thanks for the help
    I already made it work on android
    but some times the app crashes
    and I don´t know why here is my
    manifest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.unity3d.player" android:installLocation="preferExternal" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:versionCode="3" android:versionName="1.2">
    <supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" androidlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" />

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" />
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus"/>

<application android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:debuggable="true">
    <activity android:name="com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.RootActivi ty" android:label="@string/app_name"/>
    <activity android:name="com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.camera.Cam eraActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape"/>

<activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityPlayerActi vity" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboard Hidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|scree nLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touch screen">

<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>

<meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDal vik" android:value="false" />

</activity>

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.VideoPlayer" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|ori entation" />
    <activity android:name="com.facebook.LoginActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation" >
    </activity>

<meta-data android:name="com.facebook.sdk.ApplicationId" android:value="\ 1380128158900667" />
    <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityLoginActiv ity" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboard Hidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|scree nLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touch screen" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
    </activity>

<activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityDeepLinkin gActivity" android:exported="true">
    </activity>

</application>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_ST ATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE"/>

</manifest>

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  12. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi Joel_Alcero,

What do you mean by sometime it's crash? Your manifest don't look really ok. You miss the ezcodescanner activity definition.

<activity android:name="com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.RootActivity"
    android:label="@string/app_name" />
    <activity android:name="com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner.camera.CameraActivity"
    android:screenOrientation="sensor" />

13. Joel_Alcero

Joel_Alcero

Hi
    well my application crashes when im on the scanner.
    Sometimes crashes when the scanner starts and sometimes
    crashes when the scanner use autofocus, it's like random, I don't know
    if is a memory leak on your side or if it's a problem with the device,
    i'm using a Motorola Razr HD(android) and the app crashes but when i run the app
    on an ipad4(ios) it works perfectly.
    and the lines that you mention are in my manifest

14. mbzdmvp

mbzdmvp

Hey, I'm looking for a 2D barcode scanner for use with a standalone Windows application. Will this work, or is it mobile only?

15. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi mbzdmvp,

This plugin is only for android and iOS.

Sorry.

16. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi Joel_Alcero,

You'r right it was on your manifest sorry ^^.
    I did not try on the Motorola Razr HD but it's seems to be a powerful phone. Can you post the crash log ? You can grab it via eclipse.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenient.

17. RedVonix

RedVonix

I have installed the Easy Code Scanner and it is working very well! However, I have one QR Code that it cannot seem to scan, and I was hoping you could give me some assistance on this. If you look at the attached image, the code on the left can be read just fine. However, the code on the right is never detected. Can you please help to determine why Easy Code Scanner is unable to read the code on the right?

$codes.jpg

Thank you in advance!

PS: I've posted the codes as an image in this message, but they aren't showing up. Here's a dropbox link to the same image. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6678808/codes.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  18. ttborn

ttborn

I have a problem , I bought yesterday the asset and can not run on Android, any special configuration ?

I used the example that came in the asset , but it gives this error ( using the free Unity 4.0.1 ) :

Exception : JNI : Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr !
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass .. ctor ( IntPtr jclass ) (at C :/ BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs : 539 )
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.get_JavaLangClass () (at C :/ BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs : 517 )
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass ( String name) (at C :/ BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs : 508 )
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass ( String className ) (at C :/ BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs : 528 )
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass .. ctor ( System.String className ) (at C :/ BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/EditorGenerated/AndroidJava.cs : 92 )
    EasyCodeScanner.launchScanner ( showUI Boolean , System.String defaultTxt , symbol Int32 , Boolean forceLandscape ) (at Assets / Code Scanner Easy v2.0/EasyCodeScanner.cs : 87 )
    EasyCodeScannerExample.OnGUI ( ) (at Assets / Code Scanner Easy v2.0/EasyCodeScannerExample.cs : 73 )

19. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi ttborn,

Did you read the read-me ? The plugin folder don't seems to be on the right place.

20. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi DCalabrese,

I did try black background and unfortunately it's not manage by our plugin.

Sorry.

21. ttborn

ttborn

I have a new error:

The app was created in landscape mode and if I start using my mobile phone in the portrait position it breaks.

22. Joel_Alcero

Joel_Alcero

Hi C4MProdDev

Thanks in advance, I used adb logcat and here is the screen

$crash log.png

I'm already looking information about:
    process has die
    events=0x9
    channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  23. Diego89

Diego89

Hi guys,

I have just bought the plug-in and I'm experimenting with it to learn it. What is the purpose of the plane in the Scanexample code?

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  24. Stefan-Eischer

Stefan-Eischer

@Diego89: Your question is answered in the comments on the code in the EasyCodeScannerExample.cs:

Code (csharp):
    2. //Callback when returns from the scanner
    3.     void onScannerMessage(string data){
    4.         Debug.Log("EasyCodeScannerExample - onScannerMessage data=:"+data);
    5.         dataStr = data;
    7.         //Just to show case : get the image and display it on a Plane
    8.         //Texture2D tex = EasyCodeScanner.getScannerImage(200, 200);
    9.         //PlaneRender.material.mainTexture = tex;
    11.         //Just to show case : decode a texture/image - refer to code list
    12.         //EasyCodeScanner.decodeImage(-1, tex);
    13.     }
    Obviously it's there render the scanned QR-Code, however this function is commented out.

25. Stefan-Eischer

Stefan-Eischer

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to use the front camera for the scan?

The idea behind is that the Tablet/Phone is docked in a docking station and the user holds a product in front of the Tablet/Phone.

26. Stefan-Eischer

Stefan-Eischer

ok, found a quick and dirty solution (in case anyone faces the same needs).

Commenting out the " if (cameraInfo.facing == Camera.CameraInfo.CAMERA_FACING_BACK) " block in the getCameraInstance() method of the CameraActivity.java does the job:

Code (csharp):
    1.     /** A safe way to get an instance of the Camera object. */
    2.     public static Camera getCameraInstance() {
    3.         Camera c = null;
    5.         if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < 9){
    6.             try {
    7.                 c = Camera.open();
    8.             } catch (Exception e) {
    9.             }
    10.         } else {
    11.             int cameraCount = 0;
    12.             Camera.CameraInfo cameraInfo = new Camera.CameraInfo();
    13.             cameraCount = Camera.getNumberOfCameras();
    14.             for (int camIdx = 0; camIdx < cameraCount; camIdx++) {
    15.                 Camera.getCameraInfo(camIdx, cameraInfo);
    17.                 if (cameraInfo.facing == Camera.CameraInfo.CAMERA_FACING_FRONT) {
    18.                     Log.i("SCANNER_MOD", "found front-facing Cam.");
    19.                     mCamFacing = Camera.CameraInfo.CAMERA_FACING_FRONT;                  
    20.                     try {
    21.                         c = Camera.open(camIdx);
    22.                     } catch (RuntimeException e) {
    23.                         Log.e("DEBUG", "Camera failed to open: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    24.                     }
    26.                 }
    28. //                if (cameraInfo.facing == Camera.CameraInfo.CAMERA_FACING_BACK) {
    29. //                    mCamFacing = Camera.CameraInfo.CAMERA_FACING_BACK;
    30. //                    try {
    31. //                        c = Camera.open(camIdx);
    32. //                    } catch (RuntimeException e) {
    33. //                        Log.e("DEBUG", "Camera failed to open: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    34. //                    }
    35. //                    break;
    36. //                }
    39.             }
    40.         }
    41.         return c;
    42.     }

27. Diego89

Diego89

Thank you I didn't notice but this software is really good. However I have another question, it is possible to change the GUI of the scanning?, I would like to personalize it

28. gamedivision

gamedivision

unable to locate C++ Exception in new xcode anyone know where,looked throughout build settings not there

ok i sorted that by downloading xcode 5.0.1

how would i grab the data scanned

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  29. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

It's on Build Settings-> Apple LLVM 5.1 Language - C++ -> Enable C++ Exceptions.
    You can use the search field to locate it.

30. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

Hi,
    when I try to compile for iOS 7.1 (Unity 4.3.4 and Xcode 4.3) I get these errors:

"_launchScannerImpl", referenced from:

"_getScannedImageImpl", referenced from:

"_decodeImageImpl", referenced from:

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

What am I doing wrong? I just added the scripts to the example scene (because there was a monobehaviour missing there) I have it set to ARMv7. set C++ exception to yes. Everything like in the README file. Also tried it on Android there it starts but when I press on the Launch Scanner button nothing happens. For me 75 bucks is a lot of money so I would like to get this thing working. Is there a combination of a Unity version + a Xcode that always works? Same for Android?

31. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi SimonAlkemade2,

You got those errors because you don't read the read-me file. You have to move the directory "Plugin" to the root of the "Asset" directory.

Sorry for the inconvenient,
    Regards

32. sorushe-mehre

sorushe-mehre

hi
    i import "Easy Code Scanner.unitypackage" in unity 4.3 pro.
    then move "Plugins" folder to root of "Assets" folder.
    when i open this file "EasyCodeScanner.unity", get this error :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

for solving this error,i delete the "Main Camera" and add a new camera game object and set property of new camera completely same as old one.
    by doing this,error gone!
    at next step, i add "EasyCodeScannerExample.cs" script to my new camera and add "Plane" Gameobject to this Component as "PlaneRender" public variable.

this is my project player setting :

as you can see , bundle identifier is "com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner"
    note : "AndroidManifest.xml" file is as you set in default package.

but when i build the project and run it in my android device(tablet - samsung note 2014 LTE), at the startup,the program crashed and i nothing run in my device.
    note:my device android version is 4.3

i got this logs from android debuger :
    Code (CSharp):
    2. 07-29 11:25:07.497: V/SmartFaceService - 3rd party pause(854): onReceive [android.intent.action.ACTIVITY_STATE/com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner/create]
    3. 07-29 11:25:07.547: D/dalvikvm(26389): Trying to load lib /data/app-lib/com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner-4/libmain.so 0x422dbbd0
    4. 07-29 11:25:07.547: D/dalvikvm(26389): Added shared lib /data/app-lib/com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner-4/libmain.so 0x422dbbd0
    5. 07-29 11:25:08.727: V/SmartFaceService - 3rd party pause(854): onReceive [android.intent.action.ACTIVITY_STATE/com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner/recreate]
    6. 07-29 11:25:09.887: I/ActivityManager(854): Process com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner (pid 26389) (adj 0) has died.
    7. 07-29 11:25:09.887: W/ActivityManager(854): Force removing ActivityRecord{422e7b28 u0 com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner/.RootActivity}: app died, no saved state
    8. 07-29 11:25:10.017: V/SmartFaceService - 3rd party pause(854): onReceive [android.intent.action.ACTIVITY_STATE/com.c4mprod.ezcodescanner/pause]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  33. ralmeidab

ralmeidab

Hi,

We've purchased your plugin, but we need to read raw bytes from the QR Code. I've read all the sources and determined that there is a bug in the ZBar JNI Bridge for Android (the Symbol.getDataBytes() method returns byte[], but its native implementation returns jstring instead of jbytearray). I don't see any way out of this other than recompiling ZBar to correct this (or add another method that returns the bytes already encoded as Base64, to avoid encoding issues).

Did you compile the JNI bridge yourself (libzbarjni.so), or you got it already compiled? If you did compile yourself, could you provide support with this? Please drop me a private message if so.

Best regards.

34. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi ralmeidab,

We support this because we only use the zbar library. Maybe we will upgrade it to fix some issue.

Best regards

35. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

HI sorushe.mehre,

Your configuration sound good but can you send us the complete log of the crash?

Thanks

36. sorushe-mehre

sorushe-mehre

the problem was from unity version.
    i upgrade unity 4.3.1 to 4.3.4 and the problem solved

37. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

ok , great.

38. PaygeV

PaygeV

Hi there,

I'd like to ask what kind of data this app returns on a successful scan of a barcode? I'm hoping that it returns the title or some identifiable information on the item that is scanned.

Cheers!

39. PaygeV

PaygeV

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue, where should I download the xcode 5.0.1 for Unity?

40. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

On all xCode, click on your project and go to the "Build Settings" tab.
    Under "Apple LLVM 6.0 - Language - C++" you will find the line "Enable C++ Exceptions".
    Just by typing "exc" on the find bar must show you this line.
    Set this option to true and it must work.

41. dkraeer

dkraeer

Hi I just purchased and I have a question. Can I modify the plugin to include the GS1 databar and the GS1 databar EXP. They are supported by the ZBar SDK(ENUM 34 & 35)? Thanks

42. DjEmix

DjEmix

Hello! I have a problem with devices with iOS 8.
    The red line don't move and in iPad 3 looks like in portrait when the app it is only in landscape.
    When can you solve this please?

Thanks!

43. Rom-

Rom-

Hi CM4ProdDev,

I'm having a problem getting the android example project to run. I started with a new project, imported your asset, set the project setting as per the readme and tried running. I get this error:

11-06 11:07:25.052: I/Unity(6354): AndroidJavaException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='launchScannerImpl' signature='(ZLjava/lang/String;IZ)V' in class Lcom/unity3d/player/UnityPlayerNativeActivity;

The AndroidManifest.xml looks correct per the readme as well. Any ideas?

Thanks

44. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi brettcook99,

Did you move the directory Plugins outside of our directory? it must be directly in Assets to be able to export plugins elements to the build.

45. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

Hi DjEmix,

What do you mean by "the red line don't move"?
    We will check for the bug on iPad 3.

46. codycook

codycook

I meet the same problem,my barcode scanner. can't work anymore after i upgrate my iphone 5 to IOS7.1.1

47. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

The new version 2.1 is out and every problem for the iOS UI must be solved.

elvis-satta likes this.
  48. Rom-

Rom-

Has anyone gotten this working with Android Studio? I want to customize the UI on Android but can't seem to get it to build with Android Studio. I guess I can just use Eclipse for now...

49. nestorgomezmx

nestorgomezmx

Hi,
    How can i use the front camera in iOS

50. nestorgomezmx

nestorgomezmx

I found its changing the device from mReader