Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

is there any chance you will add integration for Realistic FPS Prefab (RFPS)?

2. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Not for the moment but yes it is planned, you can still try with the Quick Start function.

3. Apposl

Apposl

Does this work with usurvival? I'm sorry if this was already asked

4. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Yes but require the 2018b2.

Apposl likes this.
  5. The-Driftersoul

The-Driftersoul

I'm finding the documentation lacking but it my be my technical knowledge.
    I have the system added into my project/scene but when its time to place the object the preview/ghost is stuck around my player. Any suggestions? Product is 5 stars so far otherwise.

6. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, thank you, can you tell me which version of Unity do you use as well as the version of the system?

7. Apposl

Apposl

Thank you, sir or ma'am. I saw that it *was* answered earlier in the thread and appreciate your taking the time to reply anyway.

8. Zeven001

Zeven001

Hi i have problems whit sockets that after i place the object the sockets on that object turns red (cant place on that socket).

9. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, I would need more information to help you, did you create your own parts? or do you use the parts by default?

10. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, nice work, we are wondering how to integrate your asset with Invector, we don't find where to do it, thanks!

11. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you, sorry for the late response, you can simply use the Quick Start function for Invector Controller.

If you encounter difficulties do not hesitate to contact me by email or on the Discord.

GorkaChampion likes this.
  12. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi,Any news about Rucksack integration?

13. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I've currently my work that takes me a lot of time, but I would post 4.1 which will include Rucksack, ummorpg, and probably the compatibility for mobile, I would normally start at the end of the month.

14. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Thanks for reply. Is there any idea in the documentation to add some common API?

This will make it easier to customize.

15. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

There is no documentation of the system API yet, but you can join the Discord if you have specific questions.

16. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Understand,thanks for reply,

17. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

Information, to tell you that the next release 4.1 will be available in approx 1 month, she will include the compatibility for mobile and two new integration for Rucksack and UMMORPG.

In view of the arrival of the new uNet, the integration will be updated , as well as an integration for Mirror with regard to the uSurvival integration.

I would also post uSurvival fix with Mirror on the beta channel, soon available on the Discord.

SirTwistedStorm and Weblox like this.
  18. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Great!Can't wait to see it.:)

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  19. DocQ

DocQ

@Xandrops I tried the integration with uSURVIVAL and had to edit the scripts and replace using unitynetwokring with mirror but when I get to the final step of placing a few of the objects in the world for the player to pick up, they are invisible when starting the game. Do the prefabs need to be moved out of your folder structure and put in the drop items folder of uSURVIVAL to be assigned a graphic? Another thing I noticed was in the video, the prefabs from your folders have an script on them called 'interactable', however the version from the asset store does not have these on them.

20. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I send the solution on the discord in the beta access channel, integration for Mirror and uSurvival.
    Feel free to join the channel by giving me your invoice number or by mail the fix will also be available in 4.1.

The interactable script was part of uSurvival, if I remember, you can check, I'm not sure who is still present, on the current version, this will allows to interact with the Item Drop.

Discord : Join Here

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  21. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, after importing in my project (2018.13) I've got 66 errors, most of then related to BuildManager.Instance.

For instance:
    Assets/Easy Build System/Samples & Integrations/Samples/Contents/Modules/Circular Menu/Scripts/UICircularMenu.cs(306,64): error CS0117: `BuildManager' does not contain a definition for `Instance'

Any ideas? I didn't import the project settings, only the assets.

EDIT: We have found the issue, we have another class with the same name BuildManager.cs from the Kinematic controller.

Is it possible to change the name to the class / file? If so, can you please tell me how to do it in Visual Studio to automatically change it on the 66 references? Thanks

EDIT: Solved :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  22. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

One more thing..... I'm using Invector and all the time I get the red color on the foundation components, it's impossible to lock them on the floor. Layers are ok.
    I've add the surface script in all the floor's meshes also. Any ideas?

23. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Do you have select the Placement Support Type in (Surface) in the Build Manager?
    If you can send me a short video showing the problem that could help me.

24. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Yes I have, what's your support email address? Thanks

25. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

26. Xefier

Xefier

Unity 2018.3.0b3
    The following exception occurs very often, but is more of an annoyance than a blocker since it doesn't stop me from using the asset.

ArgumentException: The provided camera mode Textured|||| is not registered!
    UnityEditor.SceneView.set_cameraMode (CameraMode value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:293)
    EasyBuildSystem.Codes.Editor.SceneHelper.UnFocus () (at Assets/Easy Build System/Features/Codes/Editor/SceneHelper.cs:47)
    EasyBuildSystem.Codes.Editor.Internal.Socket.SocketBehaviourEditor.OnDisable () (at Assets/Easy Build System/Features/Codes/Editor/Internal/Socket/SocketBehaviourEditor.cs:598)

27. Xefier

Xefier

Unity 2018.3.0b3

The following exception is spammed when attempting to expand Builder Behaviour Base Section Settings. After debugging it looks like serializedObject.FindProperty("CreativeMode") returns null

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:203)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9233)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9222)
    EasyBuildSystem.Codes.Editor.Internal.Builder.BuilderBehaviourEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Easy Build System/Features/Codes/Editor/Internal/Builder/BuilderBehaviourEditor.cs:114)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1599)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

28. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, Thank you for reporting this, I will check that.

29. Xefier

Xefier

To clarify, using Default Builder Behaviour seems to work, but not the parent class Builder Behaviour.

30. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

As far as the Builder Behaviour class is concerned, this class can only be used if it is derived by another class.
    Such as the Default Builder Behaviour class.

For fix the error (The provided camera mode Textured|||| is not registered) due to changes of the 2018.3f.
    You can download below the two fix, this will be also fixed in the release 4.1.

Download Fix(s) :
    • SceneHelper : Here.
    • MainEditor : Here.
    Install :

Repalce the old files by this in the folder (Easy Build System/Features/Codes/Editor/).

31. Xefier

Xefier

Thanks for the patch.

Also ran into an issue with Unity Nested Prefabs and Socket Behaviour.
    I setup the offsetSectionSettings, and it is fine in the prefab editor but once I drag the entire foundation prefab with child socket prefabs into the scene offsetSectionSettings is empty.

However if I drag the socket prefab into the scene on it's own then the settings are there.

Also tried not using nested prefab for the socket but I get the same issue where the setting resets when I press apply to prefab.

If I try to fix 1 then apply it I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.ApplySingleProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty instanceProperty, UnityEditor.SerializedObject prefabSourceSerializedObject, System.String assetPath, Boolean isObjectOnRootInAsset, Boolean singlePropertyOnly, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 serializedObjects, InteractionMode action) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:536)
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.ApplyPropertyOverrides (UnityEngine.Object prefabInstanceObject, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty optionalSingleInstanceProperty, System.String assetPath, InteractionMode action) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:442)
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.ApplyObjectOverride (UnityEngine.Object instanceComponentOrGameObject, System.String assetPath, InteractionMode action) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:562)
    UnityEditor.SceneManagement.ObjectOverride.Apply (System.String prefabAssetPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabOverrides/PrefabOverride.cs:58)
    UnityEditor.PrefabOverridesTreeView+ComparisonViewPopup.Apply (System.Object prefabAssetPathObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabOverrides/PrefabOverridesTreeView.cs:703)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, Int32 selected) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:119)

Also got this error in SockerBeahvourEditor

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/LayoutGroup.cs:117)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:309)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:257)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:249)
    EasyBuildSystem.Codes.Editor.Internal.Socket.SocketBehaviourEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Easy Build System/Features/Codes/Editor/Internal/Socket/SocketBehaviourEditor.cs:251)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1598)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

If I try to replace the prefabs in the prefab editor for parent prefab I get the following 3 errors

AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import. This should not happen.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Assertion failed on expression: '!GetPersistentManager().IsStreamLoaded(metaDataPath)'

Asset import did not unload metadata path. This will leak memory. File a bug with repro steps please. (Assets/- SciFi Game/Prefabs/Easy Build System/EBS_Floor_03.prefab)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  32. Xefier

Xefier

Also the PartsCollection seems to keep resetting randomly. I've had to press "Add This To Parts Collection" a bunch of times already for the same part.

It's gotten to the point where the parts collection resets every time I play.
    Had to use Debug inspector and manually enter the parts to stop it from resetting.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  33. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I was not thinking about the 2018f3 version, but it seems like a lot of things have changed..
    I'm going to send back a special fix for the 2018f3, I thank you again for these reports it saves me time.

34. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I tried to reproduce the errors that you meet, except the one with the socket editor, can send me a short video showing how the error produces it.

35. TonyFil

TonyFil

maybe you can fix it?
    Unity 2017.4(p.s I understand that the version does not fit)
    Assets/(v4.1) Easy Build System/Features/Addons/Utilities/NavMesh/Editor/NavMeshSurfaceEditor.cs(118,51): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.PrefabUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'
    thanks

36. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, do you have make update on AssetStore or you use the beta release?

37. TonyFil

TonyFil

Version 4.1

38. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Ok, it seems that the dynamic NavMesh has need update for the version 2017f, try to change the old file by this below.
    Thank you for reporting this, it will be corrected in the next patch.

Path (Easy Build System/Features/Addons/Utilities/NavMesh/Editor/NavMeshSurfaceEditor).

Download the fix : Here.

39. TonyFil

TonyFil

Nice! Thank you

40. collinsonmark32

collinsonmark32

Can I still Use This With Ultimate Survival ? since my friend brought it for us

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Anybody got it working with topdown cover shooter asset?!? Can you please make a integration?

42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

any body got it working with redbee third person cover shooter?

43. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

You gonna buy that domain? seems like your site is not live... @AdsCryptoz22 what's the deal?

https://domains.google.com/m/registrar/search?hl=en-US&tab=0&searchTerm=adsstudio12.com

44. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

45. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

It will surely be planned however, you can always use the Quick Start function.
    If you encounter problems do not hesitate to contact me on the Discord.

46. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

perhaps you should change your publisher website link so that it works. It is discourage to see this as a broken like.

suggestion: maybe you could use your Github profile for the publisher link

Attached Files:

47. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I had not paid attention to these buttons, I would try to rework the site soon.

48. Cywizz

Cywizz

Hi @AdsCryptoz22 ...just wanted to check if you know why I can't update the Easy Build Asset suddenly? All other assets download/update perfectly fine, however Easy Build is stuck at 0% for some reason. I even deleted the previously downloaded files but downloading it from scratch also does not work. Do you think it is a temp issue on Unity's side? Appreciate your help...

49. Rahd

Rahd

quick question
    What happened to Easy Build ???
    i been using this asset for a year now , ever since you update it to 2018 we lost inventory pro integration , and the cool demo parts in wood why ?
    i had to roll back to V4.0 to use inventory pro

50. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The 3.3 release is always available on the Discord, the integration is still available on the 4.0.
    I prefer to simplify the integration with only the strict required, for Inventory Pro, only a script.

If you want to use the wood parts, just select the Wood Parts Collection in your Build Manager and the add in your items in the Inventory Pro editor.

Rahd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.