Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz22, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2016.
  1. Android Compatibility

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

How are things going for 4.0 ? :)

2. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Pretty good despite the integration of uSurvival which gives me a hard time.
    It's more than a matter of days now :D.

Apposl and HitsuSan like this.
  3. Totals

Totals

I'm planning to get it with 4.0 quick question do you need to use the wheel? Or can I make items that can be placed out of inventory like a crafting table?

4. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

The change of prefabs with the wheel is for the creative mode.
    But integration for Inventory Pro has been fixed so you can make an inventory with a craft system.

Also the integration with Rucksack that will come after.

5. twodave

twodave

Thanks! This does what I was looking for. Also I greatly appreciate the Voxeland integration, is nice to have a build system work out of the box with a voxel terrain.

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  6. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Oh i've forgot to ask if you had the time to implement the little features i've asked you about on the sockets? If not hopefully 4.0 will be in c# unlocked so i can start working on it myself ;)

7. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

I planned to send the update in the evening, can you remind me of the feature?

I will try to add it if possible, in any case you can access directly via the code in c#.

LucianBlack likes this.
  8. Necka_

Necka_

4.0 Update?

9. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

In shot was more customization about sockets but as long as the new 4.0 is not on dll anymore i'll do what i need myself :) can't wait!

10. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Yes,

It works, I would post the update tonight :) !

Weblox, LucianBlack and HitsuSan like this.
  11. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Desperate to see the integration with uSurvival.... I need a proper building solution in game and EBS is my favorite.

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  12. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

The asset has been sent, now we have to wait the approval time of the Asset Store.

13. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Does it usually take long? :> Cool though, congratulations on the major release!

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  14. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

About 3-4 days. this depends on the Asset Store.

uberwiggett and Weblox like this.
  15. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi there,

I wanted to apologize for the time it takes, unfortunately we'll have to be patient, the Asset Store having declined the release cause some reasons, I must do some verification on the project. I would keep informing ...

16. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

It would be cool if we could have access to beta builds for testing using our purchase code like some other asset store programmer do :) this way we could even help

17. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

I think I have found the asset who cause a problem, I'm going to send it back tonight, however, it's a very good idea, if the problem persists, I'll do that.

18. bholland

bholland

Greetings,

I've just purchased your asset and imported it into my project, however, I'm recieving the following error.

Assets/Easy Build System/Easy Build System - Demos/Resources/Modules/Circular Menu/Scripts/UICircularMenu.cs(81,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomBlurOptimized' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this.

Thanks,
    Brion

19. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase, Error comes from the Images Effects.
    Check that the folder does not already exist in your project.
    If not, try to re import the package by checking that all the scripts are correctly added.

If the error persists contact me by mail (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  20. Stanchion

Stanchion

I'm not able to select anything besides foundation in the demos.

21. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi, it seems you're not the only one with the problem, I will post the fix here in the day.

Can you tell me which version of Unity, also that the demo scene where the problem comes from?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  22. Stanchion

Stanchion

I tested with Basic Features demo, Survival Demo, and Third Person demo. Wasn't able to swap between any building pieces, so I was stuck with foundation.

23. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

I downloaded the 2017f4 version, I have not managed to reproduce the problem.

When you have your preview of the foundation can you make it rotate?
    Does your cursor lock itself correctly with the B key?

Here is the test in question (Here).

If it persists can send me by mail (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com) the package or videos showing the problem.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  24. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi there,

The 4.0 release is now available on the Asset Store, the update is always free for old customers.
    This will be the last major version of the system, this release corrects a lot of problems that have been reported to the support during the last months, however, the integrations for Rucksack as well as compatibility for mobile is coming.

Many things to change I suggest you read the Release Notes available on the wiki.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Necka_, ChillyMcChill and julianr like this.
  25. julianr

julianr

Nice work on this release @Xandops - look forward to implementing it.

26. ChillyMcChill

ChillyMcChill

Hello, I am trying to integrate this with Usurvival. I get these errors and cannot finish step 10

"Now drag and drop the component uNet Components prefab.
    Easy Build System > Samples & Integrations > Integrations > Photon Network Sample > Resources"

It will not let me drop the UnetComponents prefab in the scene and gives these errors

Attached Files:

27. Necka_

Necka_

Congratulation for the release!
    Hopefully we'll see this asset being supported long enough with some nice functionality added over time (if it needs any of course)

I've hold myself from using EBS since I bought it 5 months ago because of v4 coming. Now is the time :D

28. Necka_

Necka_

Hi,

As the version 4.0 is still a project to import. Is there a way to import it in a clean way in an existing project without modifying my project settings?

Could there be some instructions on what is touched or what to do manually if we don't import the project files?

I saw that it would for example replace my Tag definition, quality settings, and others.

Some guidance would be really cool as I don't want to mess with my actual settings.

Another question: is there any reason to keep the folder name "Resources" ?

The resources folder is a special Unity folder used in specific cases (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SpecialFolders.html)

Also this folder content is automatically included in any builds which rise the build time and build size. I would like to know if I can rename it to "Content" or if it will create issues?

29. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Thank you ! If you have any questions do not hesitate.

Do you have try to follow the tutorial (Here) ? which version of Unity as well as uSurvival do you use?.

It's good questions, the structure of the folders in the package have two parts.

The first folder (Features) that contains all the scripts of the system so mandatory.

The second folder (Samples & Integrations) contains all the elements you can see in the demos scene as well as the integrations les parties, ect...

As for the Project Settings, you do not need to import them, the layers requis for the system are automatically load at the first initialization of system. it loads the layers that are required if it does not exist (Socket, Interaction).

You can delete the folder (Samples & Integrations) if you want to use only the system without these scenes as well as the parts that are available there.

The resource folders, you can the rename in content. however, if you use an integration like Photon Network I do not recommend it because the script will look for the required components in this folder.

I hope to have answered your questions, I will create a page on the wiki it will be very useful.

julianr likes this.
  30. Ullukai

Ullukai

to get this to work we dont import it ? we just copy paste the folders over to the content folder in our project folder ? cos when i go to import it asks if i want to import the project settings that will erase my current usurvival project settings

31. Necka_

Necka_

Click yes and then on the import UI you can uncheck the boxes of what you don't need as he explained

@Xandops Thanks for all your answer, I think it's quite clear to me now. I'll play with it and hopefully not bother you much :) I'm only affraid on how it'll work from a top-down view... I'm not very good at coding

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  32. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

@Xandops Hi, thank you for a great update. I'm having trouble settings up so the preview object will be in front of the camera locked, but once I enable this the preview object centre rotation gets rotated when you move the camera up and down and the object once placed wont place straight. If you understand what i'm trying to say :D

Thank you very much Sir

Jim

33. Ullukai

Ullukai

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  34. ChillyMcChill

ChillyMcChill

Followed the tut. Looks like uSurvival updates killed the integration : ( stillborn I'm afraid

35. ChillyMcChill

ChillyMcChill

I am in the uSurvival discord and other users have confirmed that the updates have caused issues with the integration . I tried it out with unity versions 2017.4.6f1 and 2018.1.05b

36. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

You can contact me by email if you encounter problems, it is quite easy with the sources that are now decompile. :D

Badly enough :p, can you send me a short video? by email or here.

I've post a fix on the github (Here) that will should fix the problem, I will send the fix on the AssetStore in the coming days.

Thank you for report it, I appreciate.

Apposl likes this.
  37. Belagar

Belagar

Anychance uMMORPG intergration will happen?

38. Ullukai

Ullukai

hey i got it to work with uSurvival !!!
    here is how i did it to get it to work >>

download the hotfixes >>
    https://github.com/AdsCryptoz22/EasyBuildSystem/tree/master/Hotfixes/uSurvival (1.4)
    GitHub
    AdsCryptoz22/EasyBuildSystem
    EasyBuildSystem - This is a repository of Easy Build System, it contains some hotfixes, add-ons, and some utilities.

then replace all those files given
    then follow the tutorial given >>>
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sXxmcIweFN8o_CNQ02m-S-kd_iuqmM4S/view
    Google Drive
    uSurvival.mp4

and setup everything thru the video except the part where u lay down prefabs cos u cant
    so then you download the multispawner in the fixes channel and use that instead
    found here >>
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...283467/DX4D_MultiDropSpawner_1.1.unitypackage
    and set that up like this >>

after that it should work cos it worked for me
    i used Unity 2018.1.02 btw
    if you need more help with this EBS 4.0 integration with uSurvival join the discord channel >>
    https://discordapp.com/invite/U29P5Ra

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Apposl, AdsCryptoz22 and vis2k like this.
  39. BryanO

BryanO

any chance that this will be integrated with ummorpg?

40. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Thank you for taking the time to write the post, it will help more than one.

I still have some improvement and an integration to add, but why not after that.

Belagar likes this.
  41. Necka_

Necka_

@Xandops Wanted to start a clean project for prototyping. Imported all my assets including EBS and I got this error in 2018.1.7:

upload_2018-7-12_19-6-47.png

Do you have any idea?

42. Necka_

Necka_

I replaced GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource by GetPrefabParent

Is it the same fix in your script?
    I guess it should have a "If Unity 2018.1 or lower" to be compatible

43. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi there,

The sample scenes as well as the integrations do not work on the ulterior version 2018.2 (Here).

However, all the components of the system work correctly out of the box on the ulterior versions.

I've sent a new fix that fixes all the current problems that have been caused by the conversion (2018.2 to the 2017.2).

I am sorry for the problem, you can send me your invoice number by email to receive the fix before.

Note : All the integrations also that uSurvival work correctly on the 2018.2.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  44. bholland

bholland

I think this is a great system you have built. Congratulations on getting the next update out. I hope this helps with your troubleshooting the above problem as I'm getting the same message as well.

error CS0117: 'UnityEditor.PfrefabUtility' does not contain a definition for 'GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'

This error is from a clean new project built on 2018.1.5f1

Attached Files:

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  45. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

Thank you I appreciate, yes that's exactly what it will correct also that other problem like some prefabs unusable.

46. Necka_

Necka_

Hi,

look at my post above yours. Replace the line that shows the error by what I wrote and it'll work

47. Ullukai

Ullukai

yw
    It took me all day and night yesterday to get it to work. Hopefully noone has to go through all that to get it to work.
    That's the reason why I posted it >> so that anyone can get it to work real fast

48. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

With the fix I've sent to the Asset Store tonight, this will solve all the problems.
    I took the day to review all the samples and the integrations.
    I did not think the conversion between the Unity versions would be cause so much trouble.

49. Ullukai

Ullukai

50. ChillyMcChill

ChillyMcChill

Could you post a sample scene with just the prefabs? The unet component drag and drop issue was solved in a similar way ; by grabbing the prefab from the scene

unityunity