Search Unity

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Each element physics is linked by its support, check if your Build Manager has the field (Use Physics) correctly checked.

I did not understand your second question, can you give me more information,

2. Candac59

Candac59

Hi,
    I have a small problem in the demo integration scene with "Inventory Pro"
    In Play mode, you can not build a foundation paste to another (missing conditions or refuse?) I can not find where it comes from. An idea ?

PS: May you prefer that I contact you with the mail support rather than the forum called me?

cordially

3. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Trying to disable the Avoid Clipping field or Avoid Clipping Sockets on the Base Part component.

Let me know,

4. Candac59

Candac59

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  5. Ullukai

Ullukai

When we make an online game using UNET and this how do we add a new object that is placeable by the players ? does each object we add need a network id ? or what is the process for that sort of thing ?

btw Awesome asset !

6. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, Thank You !

You can create your prefab, add it to a Build Collection, and then simply add a Network Identity.
    I also suggest you learn from the demo, the operation is easy, but some components in the demo scene are very important like (UNet Handlers, Manager).

I hope to have answered your question,

7. Ullukai

Ullukai

Thanks for answering !

Can you please integrate this with forge networking remastered please ?

we need a free way to do the online gaming part and i only found forge networking remastered to be free

so how about it please ? thanks for an Awesome asset !

8. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I unfortunately never use Forge Networking, but it would always be an integration of more.
    I would see to add it, when I would have finished the final release.

Did you also try to go through a master server with UNet ?

9. Ullukai

Ullukai

How do I set up a master server with UNet ?

10. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

You have Master Server Framework that I personally use on my projects, to you to see if that can suit you.

11. Ullukai

Ullukai

ok but how ? how do i set it up with this ? where does everything go ? or do i just add it and it works ? or is there a ton of settings to go thru ? like network ids and whatnots

12. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

That's only suggestion, all is in the description of the asset, for the setup it's (Here), it's up to you to see if it suits your project, the solution is free and the wiki is complete.

13. Ullukai

Ullukai

Thanks !
    so far i got up to the spawner where it isnt spawning the player but looking for the way to do it now

14. Ullukai

Ullukai

nope too many hours trying to get this to work and cant get it to work moving on to a different game engine cant figure out how to spawn a player using ebs

15. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

The system only require a camera for the Base Builder Example component as well as the manager,
    the Quick Start function will do the job, but, yes, it is necessary to have a structure to spawn your player.

16. RoyalDust

RoyalDust

Hello, I use your addon that I find terrible, I use it on procedural ground and I would like to disable the physics at a certain distance from the player, have you any idea how to go about it? Addon ?
    it is to avoid that it crosses my ground because the collider of the ground is only at a certain distance of the player

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  17. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I see the problem, I had already met this problem, can you send me an email (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com)
    with your invoice number, I would send you the add-on which will correct this.

18. RoyalDust

RoyalDust

It's perfect thanks for the support

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  19. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Hi there :) i'm implementing EBS to my game and i'm having a problem with a trigger sphere collider, in short my character is inside one (cause we need it) and i cannot make anything connect if the trigger sphere is turned on. The basic construction works fine but after the first piece i can't attach anything else.

Is there a field somewhere on which i can specify some colliders to ignore? I can't seem to find any but i've literally started working on it today so i'm not sure if it's just and unpredicted behavior or a bug or my ignorance ^^

20. Totals

Totals

Any plans to integrate with usurvival?

LucianBlack likes this.
  21. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi :),

Try to change the layer of your sphere to Ignore Raycast and see if it changes anything?
    otherwise try to add a custom layer on your sphere and try to disable in collision Layer Collision Matrix between your layer name & Socket.

Yes but not at the moment, probably after the integration Rucksack.

LucianBlack likes this.
  22. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Already done them both and it doesn't change, you can recreate the problem easily by creating an empty object with a sphere collide (in my case it's in trigger mode). No matter the layer it still prevents the placement of any socket object, you can though place a stand alone piece.

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  23. Necka_

Necka_

Hi,

I saw that you have integration for Opsive and Invector; what about the third major 3rd person controller on the market: Ootii Motion controller?

Would it be hard to have an integration? what is the integration actually doing?

Also I've read that the inventory pro integration wasn't working properly anymore, is it true, or is it already fixed?

24. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

You can use the Quick Start function of system, it requires only a Main Camera to work.
    However, you can may be experiencing problems on the sockets colliders, if that is the case do not hesitate to me send the problem by mail.

As for Inventory Pro, that's right, it does not work properly, it will be fixed in the future release.

I hope I answered your questions,

25. Necka_

Necka_

Thank you, I'm not yet at the stage where I need to implement the building solution so I might just wait for the future release

When will that be? Are you still months away from the release?

thanks

26. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

There is still some things to do, but in 1 month will be good I think.

27. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Hi there again, other than the trigger collider issue i'm also reporting that in 2018.1.0f2 and Ebs 3.3 both Mesh Part Bounds and Terrain Part Bounds in EBS > Parts Setting are not showing the floating window to edit the bounds value

28. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I will solve it immediately.

29. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Is the development of this asset dead? I haven't used it yet in my project, but bought it thinking it'd get more features and long support for the price it asked.

I really hate it when these assets suddenly start charging for features mid-way when original asset is barely feature-rich.

30. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

No asset did not die, I am currently working on the last major update.

The asset is for the moment the least expensive store features many features for its price also that the integrations.

The features are not change, only their component name.

The support is available all week, you can contact me by email if you encounter a problem.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  31. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

I feel like this should be fairly easy but after hours of trying i cannot find a solution, how can i NOT allow players to be able to spawn objects up in the air? Given that i cannot edit Mesh parts bounds and terrain parts bounds (cause of what i told you yesterday) so that might be one reason but i cannot test it. Unity_2018-06-15_16-47-56.png

All the object i place this way they disappear after 5 seconds according to the Physics Parts Settings > Affected Lifetime but i also have stable placement checked so i'm a bit confused

Also shouldn't groups be removed from the scene if nothing is in there anymore? I always end up with a huge list with nothing inside at the end of a session : \ upload_2018-6-15_17-0-21.png

32. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

For the parts in the air, you need to use the field Use Ground Upper and change the height limit at 0.
    This will allow you to stay on the ground. try to see if that changes anything. let me know,

As far as editing the bounds could you send me a screen of that?

I did some research in the code, I found nothing like that, I use the 2018f2.

For the group, this will be fixed at the next fix thank you for reporting me this.

If you send me your invoice number by mail, I will send you the fix.

33. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Use Ground Upper works now, i didn't had pillars/feet for my base and it wasn't working properly, i'm not sure about the reason : |

No problem about the reports, i'm sending you a mail right now at the email address i've found on the asset store!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  34. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

Here are some pictures of the rendering with the future new wooden set for the final release 4.0.

Note : The scenes will not be included in the package, this is only a rendering with my personal assets.

LucianBlack likes this.
  35. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Looks great!

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  36. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Update 4.0 :

I will give more information when the update will be published.

A new github is also available to track the progress of the update Here.

LucianBlack and HitsuSan like this.
  37. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I love EBS but I have to say, the way that the pieces snap together looks so much more fluid and clean. Excellent work on the new release, can't wait to get my hands on it!

38. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Thank you I really appreciate ! I hope you will like it :)

39. twodave

twodave

I have a quick question @Xandops .. to reduce code duplication, I'd like to use the EBS placement code to place items in the world which should just sit on the terrain but obey physics (eg, if you place a stone, it rolls), rather than fixed in-place.

Is there a quick way to provide that type of placement in addition to strict base building?

Thanks!

40. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I have not tried but you can try to adding a Rigidbody components on your part, and enabled option Free Placement and disabled Require Sockets. This will allow you to set your part in free move.

Let me know,

41. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

How are things going for 4.0 ? :)

42. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Pretty good despite the integration of uSurvival which gives me a hard time.
    It's more than a matter of days now :D.

Apposl and HitsuSan like this.
  43. Totals

Totals

I'm planning to get it with 4.0 quick question do you need to use the wheel? Or can I make items that can be placed out of inventory like a crafting table?

44. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The change of prefabs with the wheel is for the creative mode.
    But integration for Inventory Pro has been fixed so you can make an inventory with a craft system.

Also the integration with Rucksack that will come after.

45. twodave

twodave

Thanks! This does what I was looking for. Also I greatly appreciate the Voxeland integration, is nice to have a build system work out of the box with a voxel terrain.

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  46. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Oh i've forgot to ask if you had the time to implement the little features i've asked you about on the sockets? If not hopefully 4.0 will be in c# unlocked so i can start working on it myself ;)

47. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I planned to send the update in the evening, can you remind me of the feature?

I will try to add it if possible, in any case you can access directly via the code in c#.

LucianBlack likes this.
  48. Necka_

Necka_

4.0 Update?

49. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

In shot was more customization about sockets but as long as the new 4.0 is not on dll anymore i'll do what i need myself :) can't wait!

50. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Yes,

It works, I would post the update tonight :) !

Weblox, LucianBlack and HitsuSan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.