Search Unity

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

I have MM and it works fine the only issue I have is that the door fix script doesn't allow Me to pick fruit up anymore because the use E to interact is overridden in the door script. Anyone have any ideas for this to make it work for everything?

2. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

What is MM? do you have check if the script Basic Interaction is on your Main Camera?

3. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

MM=map magic and yes it is I think I'll have to check when I get home approx 4 hrs from this. If I turn that script off then the interaction with my item pickup works, when it's on it doesn't

4. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

I' almost 100% sure the script is on the camera because then the door wouldn't work

5. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

and then there's this: Assets/Easy Build System/Easy Build System - Demos/Resources/Scripts/Miscs/UI/Demo_UI_Controls.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

6. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, do you try to create a new project to check if it works in the demos.
    Do you have correctly add your own layer in the Basic Interaction script (e.g: Interaction), as well as on your door that to the script (Basic_Door) as well as the collider ?

If the error persists, please contact me by mail (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com).

7. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

EBS with Voxeland5

I am receiving the following error, only after integrating Voxeland5: Assets/Easy Build System/Plugins/Resources/Scripts/Add-Ons/Terrain/AddonRemoveGrass_Voxeland.cs(150,23): error CS0841: A local variable `Dir' cannot be used before it is declared

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes, I delete this add-on in version 3.2 because I have to upgrade for the new version of Voxeland, send me this by mail if you want correct this, or you can delete the add-on to remove the error.

9. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

Hi guys,

https://gyazo.com/c34b8ab09dec7d7dc48b4930011fb22d

i bought this asset and i setupped it for ultimate survival, but as you can see from the GIF, when i try to spawn something it disapears and i get this errors:

-Assertion failed: Transform has SetIsHierarchyDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.

-Assertion failed: Transform has SetIsDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.

10. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

What layer is the building system under? If you got to your FPController, under number 13 (I presume), there should be a tag and a layer.

11. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

The building system is under layer: default, if you meat FPRoot with FPController is under number 8

12. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

If you jump up to the original building component (if you have not added anything additional, it should be the one directly above Easy Build System), look at what that layer is set to.

13. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Oh, one more thing to note, @TheMessyCoder has a great YouTube series on Ultimate Survival alone and with integrations. Some of it is starting to date a bit so it may take some extra work to find the fix but it is a great starting point. He will be doing another series once 0.2 is released.

14. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

the point is it worked for me, i watched the integration video tutorial, the original building component is under UI layer

15. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I thought it was the UI layer but I am not in front of my computer and I wasn’t confident in my response.

Glad you’re all set now.

16. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

wait lol, it doesn t work anymore, maybe you understood me false, i tried actually to create a new project and import the package again, i opened the demoscene and i still get this errors, it spawns the building, but i still get those errors

17. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Hrm... I am not sure on that then, I’ll see if someone else can weigh in.

18. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

Thank you anyway for trying to help me :)

19. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Can you say me what Unity version do you use ? Does the error also occur in system demos ?

You can contact me by mail I will try to help you.

20. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

i am currently using unity 2017.3.0f3, i write you on email, but can you tell me whats your email?

21. MarkcusD

MarkcusD

Can AI navigate player built structures? Thanks.

22. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I think this would not impact EBS but more of your nav mesh and/or colliders? I could be wrong but I believe that is how it works.

23. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Mail : AdsCryptoz@gmail.com

24. huntersteeger

huntersteeger

my foundations will snap but is always unable to place, I can place right next to it but when it snaps its unable... what do I do??

25. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

If need more information to help you, this error occurs on the default project or your project?
    Try to disable the physics in the Build Manager to see if the problem persists always.

Keep me informed.

26. MrIconic

MrIconic

Is the blueprint system out?

27. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes, it's still experimental, I'm trying to improve it. you can find more infos (Here).

28. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

anyone have any ideas why the material requirements to place a buildable piece are no longer required? And no the "creative mode" is not on. P.S. I'm using Ultimate Survival

29. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, does this happen on all parts or only yours?

30. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

31. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I'll check that tonight, I'll keep you informed,

32. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Ok thank you very much!!!

33. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Re,

Thank you for reporting me this, you can download the fix below is change it by the old.
    (Easy Build System > Integrations > Ultimate Survival > Scripts).

You can download the fix : Here

This will be corrected in the next version, keep me informed,

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  34. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Thanks man I'll have to try it tomorrow night I got busy today

35. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I am running into an issue when using EBS with Ultimate Survival. Everything works perfectly.... except for any kind of roof. I am probably missing something but I can never place a roof on a house. It seems to always show red but will snap into place. Very strange.

36. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I would need more information to help you, do you use the physics on your part ?
    Try to disable the fields (Avoid Clipping and Avoid Clipping On Socket).

If the error persists, try to change the mesh bounds of your Base Part.

Keep me informed,

37. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I will try both and let you know. I am currently unable to even place pieces but I think it is due to previous changes I have made or the assets that are integrated. I will work on resolving this first and then I will work on the roof.

38. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I am actually receiving two errors, maybe you can identify the cause of them. Again, I think this is something that I have done that is causing the issue.

Error 1: Assertion failed: Transform has SetIsDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.

Error 2:
    Assertion failed: Transform has SetIsHierarchyDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.

This may not even be related to EBS. What I am experiencing is when I right click, the menu appears and works fine, I can select a building piece, as soon as I click to select the building piece, it appears red (if it cannot be placed) and then disappears, followed by both of the above errors. Again, this is likely something to do with a change I made for something else.

39. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

It seems disabling the socket overlap fixed it. Strangely enough, it needs a wall below it in order to place. So I can place the entire row around the walls but I cant seem to place anything in the middle. I am going to keep working on this. Thanks for your help!

40. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The error of (Assertion failed) is caused by the version 2017f3, if I'm not mistaken,
    I plan to send a fix on the asset store, however, I have a lot of work right now.

I can you send it by email it will be faster, after this will be corrected, I think we can focus on your roof problem.

Keep me informed,

41. snowcult

snowcult

How easy would this be to set up with a static top down camera?

42. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I have not tried this but I think it should be fairly straight forward. I will wait for someone else to weigh in before you make a decision though.

snowcult likes this.
  43. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

We have made some changes to our site, you will now be directly redirected to the new.

The old links in the asset, will be changed in the future release, you will find more information on the Devblog.

New Site : https://www.AdsStudio12.net

The documentation no longer accessible, but you can download in (.pdf) : Here

44. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Mate, I have emailed several times now regarding this.

Please PM me. I purchased this via Gumroad, have not received any updates.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  45. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

It's been 2 years since the system no longer on Gumroad, you can only have it through the AssetStore.

46. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Hence why I asked for you to PM. Don't wish to discuss this via your thread. I personally see it unfair to have to purchase again.

47. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

You can contact me by mail (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com), since version 1.0 a lot of things have changed, including updates on the Asset Store up to now that have been free.

48. MrIconic

MrIconic

I attached "Base Builder Example" to my Main Camera.

Ray Origin is the Camera ; Ray Detection Type is Overlap ; Placement Distance is 10 ; Out of Range Distance is 0

When I try to place a socket and my character walks too close.
    how.png
    (If I go any closer it's red ONLY when placing a socket. I CAN place a socket when I'm far enough away. However, it doesn't matter when I'm placing a completely new foundation if I stand close or far.)

Any ideas?

49. julianr

julianr

Alternatively you could create a Build camera with a toggle switch on the keyboard, to go into 1st person instead of 3rd?

50. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I had already received a lot of mail about this problem,

Try to uncheck the Avoid Clipping and Avoid Clipping Socket field of your Base Part > Foundation.

Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.