Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz22, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2016.
  1. Android Compatibility

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Why cant i download and use EBS with 2018 anymore???

2. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hello. Is it possible to get an archived version that works with unity 2018?

3. csofranz

csofranz

Hi there,

I guess I'll second (or rather, third) the question - since we are on 2018 LTS, is there a version of EBS that will run on that? We don't see us moving to 2019 this year, and I would still like the option of looking into integrating this interesting asset.

Thanks for any advice,
    -ch

4. csofranz

csofranz

Well, I guess the non-answer tells me everything I needed to know.

5. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Sorry for the late reply, it looks like I'm not getting the thread notification anymore...

You can send me your invoice number on the Discord to download a older release (4.2 > 3.0).
    Or you can use only the Features of system you can find more information (Here).

6. csofranz

csofranz

Ok, thanks, I believe I now understand. I read your 'Out of the box' message, but probably something got lost in translation... Your page states that

"The system is required for the version Unity 2019f1 but can work on later versions without the folder Samples & Integrations."

Most people would probably Interpret this to mean that it will work with 2019.2, 2020.1, and other versions that are released later. Maybe if you replaced the word 'later' with 'earlier' on that page it would go a long way to avoid misunderstandings :)

Is there another way to contact you (pm perhaps?) for those wo do not use Discord?

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  7. Bonzotaz1

Bonzotaz1

Bought this last night and having a problem after integrating with Usurvival i wanna save my buildings with usurvival but it is not saving, what am i doing wrong?

8. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Thanks to report me this, it's now corrected, you can contact me by this mail AdsCryptoz@gmail.com.

When you start/exit your scene do you have logs from the Build Storage?

9. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Hi. I could do with a little help with this

10. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

Hi, I understand you've been asked this a few times and the response is. "Use the quick start." And that no - it doesn't work with invector inventory...but might be some uncoupled way via: EBS => Inv. Pro. <= Invector. The player none the wiser, and maybe how it should be to guard against changes.

However, I did want to see what the post had said you linked to in the quote above. I tried to archive.org the page to no avail...what info was there aside from the quickstart? can we get that text?

I have looked in discord, youtube, the integrations folder of the latest download, these forums, and facebook. So hoping to get this answered somewhere for about the 20 other folks I have seen ask. I understand you are busy, so please take your time - no rush.

11. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

I think everything is said about the Quick Start function on the Wiki.
    However, It's been a long time that I've not tried the two integrations.
    I will post here in a few days a video to install the three assets together.
    I hope this will be able to help you and other people.

CommunityUS likes this.
  12. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

That is awesome! I know the project is entering maintenance mode with no future updates planned. Thank you for going the extra mile here. I'll follow up with a review - hopefully you've landed a nice paying gig. I know your work on EBS has shown chops! (pun intended)

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  13. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

New tutorial to integrate Invector Controller and Inventory Pro correctly with Easy Build System.
    The tutorial is quite long and require some knowledge of the system, do not hesitate to go to the wiki (here).

Thanks for these words! the tutorial about both integrations is available, I hope this will help you and others.
    I hope that it does not seem too confusing, otherwise feel free to contact me by email or on discord by pm.

CommunityUS likes this.
  14. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

hey there man, I am trying to use ebs with voxeland, (latest version of voxeland) and I am getting three errors when I enable voxeland support in the setup window : ( i use voxeland and mapmagic in my project)

Assets\MapMagic\Main\Preview.cs(76,40): error CS1061: 'Voxeland' does not contain a definition for 'Transforms' and no accessible extension method 'Transforms' accepting a first argument of type 'Voxeland' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\MapMagic\Main\GeneratorsAsset.cs(709,18): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Voxeland5.Voxeland' to 'MapMagic.IMapMagic'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

Assets\MapMagic\Main\GeneratorsAsset.cs(750,72): error CS1061: 'Generator' does not contain a definition for 'mapMagicGens' and no accessible extension method 'mapMagicGens' accepting a first argument of type 'Generator' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

15. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi, does this happen if you delete ebs from your project? (you can try this on a copy of your project).

16. Rmzn0

Rmzn0

Is there a top-down guide?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  17. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi,

It would seem that the raycasts of your camera enters a collision with other things than your terrain.

Try to modify the layers (in field Raycast Free Layers) in the Desktop or Android Builder Behaviour (on your Main Camera) component and define only your terrain.

The top down feature don't require necessary guide.
    You have only needed a Main Camera with anchored transform.

You will also find an example of the default settings in the scene (Top Down Controller & Dynamic NavMesh).

Let me know,

18. Rmzn0

Rmzn0

Thank you.The problem is with the layer.It works well now.

AdsCryptoz22 likes this.
  19. logixworx

logixworx

It says easybuild works with mirror - how is it networked?

20. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Hi, sorry for the late reply, each action is simply sent by a cmd/rpc.
    The structures are also stored on the server and sync to each client connection.
    You can see a old example here.

21. WeedBurger

WeedBurger

Does this asset contains function to detect if room is enclosed ?

22. AdsCryptoz22

AdsCryptoz22

Not yet, however, you can add a trigger with a script on your foundation that detects if you have the 4 walls is a floor.

23. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi ! I have a game that is using a custom camera, a god like camera, sort of like a simcity/tycoon type game. I have tried using the top down scene, but it looks like EBS is calculating the placement position based on where the player is. In my case, there is no player and so the placement should basically be happening based on where the cursor is. I am assuming that it has something to do with the way raycasting is used, but is there a way to fix that for my case ? Here is an example video of how the top down scene works with my custom camera rig.

24. Dave_LeDev

Dave_LeDev

While this is primarily geared towards level creation, are there any hard limits in this asset that would prevent it from being used for character or item customization?

Are nested blueprints supported? Example:
    Tier one: 1m blocks (walls, floors) made with small components
    Tier two: Unbounded buildings (made of previous custom blocks)
    Tier three: Building sets (made with previous building blueprints)

For large destructible buildings, do you have any suggestions on preventing performance dips?

Is there anything built-in to handle LOD optimization for blueprints, or will this need to be handled externally?

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  25. BigGnome

BigGnome

Hi, Guys. I have a error :

"Can not Instantiate before the client joined/created a room. State"

using Photon Network Pun 2 integration. Does anybody have a clue, cant find any info about that?!

26. ChoChick

ChoChick

I am creating my own Foundation, but the Foundation can be placed where the Foundation is placed.
    "Avoid Clipping" and "Avoid Clipping On Socket" are set to true with reference to the sample Foundation.
    Are there any other settings to check?

--- Edit ---
    It was because BuildSurface of BuildManager was AllCollider.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
unityunity