Search Unity

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahd

Rahd

I'm not aware of that , but thank you for the asset , it's simple to use and straight forward
    i will check the discord .

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  2. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

I am able to place parts in each other despite the settings in "part behaviour" marked as no clipping and no clipping on socket. Any ideas?

3. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Can you check if in the Desktop Builder Behaviour component of your Main Camera, the (Raycast Sockets Layers) field has correctly the layer Socket ?

4. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Yes, The layer for "Raycast Socket Layer" is set to the Socket layer.
    These are my own parts I have made, could I have missed something when making them?

5. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

If this does not happen in the demo scene, yes.
    Try to see if your Socket Behaviour component correctly includes your parts.
    You can also contact me by PM on the Discord, if you can send me some screenshot it will help me.

6. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

I have changed the parts collection to one that is supplied in the asset and it works fine, so it is an issue with my collection. Could it be that I made my collection with Probuilder?

7. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can use your parts with ProBuilder.

8. johny256

johny256

Ultimate Survival Integration or Easy build system deleted????

9. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The asset is no longer available on Asset Store, the integration no longer supports the current version of the system.

However, you can use an older version 3.3 on which integration is supported.

You can send your invoice number on the Discord to download it.

10. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Still trying to figure out my clipping issue. I have two different types of foundation (normal sized and quarter sized). The quarter size can only attach to a socket, once attached to the normal sized foundation I can continue to build quarter sized foundations into the normal sized one on the quarter foundations sockets.
    If this makes any sense to you I would be happy to hear any ideas. Thanks

11. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi,
    Do you have an integration to the new OpsiveController 2.0?

12. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Did you try to create a socket for each type of foundation? (one for normal, another for the quarter).

Yes I will try to add the integration in a future release.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  13. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

I just tried that and it still lets me build in the other object. How does the overlap detection work (clipping)? Its as if each object does not detect each other when placing.

14. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Sorry for the late reply,

If you have a prefab that is in the offset list of your socket, it can be placed, otherwise the clipping will not happen.

The sockets detection works only with the layer (Socket).
    Check in your DesktopBuilderBehaviour that this layer is well selected.

15. Zimnel

Zimnel

I've seen one of the requested features is Third Person controller, is it being worked? : )
    Another question, would this be compatible with Voxel Farm?

16. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Thanks for your replies. I sorted out my issue (i had one of the prefab pieces in the socket layer). I wonder if your system is able to handle triangle pieces? The mesh bounds in the prefab "part behaviour" only does square/ rectangle shapes.

17. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes it works very well in third person, however I've not tried the Voxel Farm.

Yes you can use the collection (Upgradable Parts Collection) that is included in the demos scene.
    This will give you an idea of how it works.

18. gn0ll

gn0ll

Great asset - just bought and its fun already!

I am having 2 issues, they are simple so might be on my end:

1. If I select 'All' for Build Support, I am able to place on my Voxeland terrain. If I select 'Voxeland' the preview shows up, but I am not allowed to place the object.

2. Adding and Editing objects works great, but Destruction Mode does not delete/remove the object.

Thanks for the help!

19. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply,

Try to get your part of basic features mode to see if it changes anything.
    For the destruction mode, can you tell me which version Unity as well as the version of the system you are using.

Do not hesitate to contact me on the Discord for faster response.

20. Delforce

Delforce

Hey AdsCryptoz22,
    I just bought your EBS the other day.

White the system looks great and really flexible I think some of you contact information and tutorials need updating, it's not apparent or easy to find out how to use the system.

Pretty much any of your provided links in the store don't go anywhere. Are you moving your site? Is Discord and this forum the only way to find out information about the product?

I want to work out how to do the round menu fly out to build stuff.
    Cheers

21. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

You can find the circular menu that can be found in the project folder : Easy Build System/Samples & Integrations/Samples/Samples Contents/Prefabs/UI.

As for the links of the Asset Store page, they are out of date. I will post a link that will redirect to the forum.

Do not hesitate to contact me on the discord in private with your invoice number if you have questions.

22. Delforce

Delforce

Awesome thanks for the update and heads up.
    Cheers

23. andrew210

andrew210

Is there any way I can grab a status variable for the prefab currently being placed so I can figure out why exactly it's failing to place the current prefab? I'm certain I'm doing something wrong but being able to read a status variable of what has caused the prefab to not be placeable in its current position would help greatly (and also be good to give that feedback to the user)

24. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

You can get the current state of the Part Behaviour component as below :
    Code (CSharp):
    2. //Get part behaviour component on the current object.
    3. PartBehaviour MyPart = GetComponent<PartBehaviour>();
    5. //Current state of the part.
    6. var PartState = MyPart.CurrentState;
    If you have any other questions about The API do not hesitate to contact me on the Discord.

andrew210 likes this.
  25. joejr

joejr

Hi All,

Having an issue I was hoping I could get help with please. I am using the Forest like add-on with the log parts to demo a project I'm working on. That part works fine. The one issue I am running into is as follows.

I have parts that do not use the forest like addon. The torch, for example. If I place a torch down it works fine. If I place the log foundation down and build it with parts it works however, if after I then attempt to add a torch it fails. What happens is that it places the game object but all the Materials seem to be messed up. Shows "Easy Build System/Transparent (Optimized) (Instance). All of the forest like components continues to work as expected.

Any pointers would be great thanks.

26. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

This must surely be caused by the physics, can you send me a short video showing the problem that could help me.
    Do not hesitate to contact me on Discord in pm for faster answer.

27. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi there, Easy Build system looks really nice :D I am wondering, is it possible to use this system for a room building/placement game ? For example, something like Theme Hospital ? Looks like it could work, but I wanted to make sure :) Thanks !

28. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you :), yes everything concerning any type of the placement is possible.

29. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @AdsCryptoz22

I'm currently revisiting my older Projects to see what can be updated and I need to know:

- Is the Circular GUI from Version 3 still available in Version 4 ?
    - Does the Destruction Mode still work as in the Version 3 Video?
    - Are the Prefabs still available?

Also do you have any up to date Tutorial videos planned for V4? What's YouTube has been marked as outdated...:confused:

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    AdsCryptoz likes this.
  30. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you, yes the prefabs (parts, circular menu) are available in the package.
    The destruction mode have been improved since the 3.0, you can find the tutorials for the 4.0 (Here).

Weblox likes this.
  31. jokers44life

jokers44life

….We really dont have any integration>? I really need this to work with UCC

32. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Not for the moment, however, you can try to launch the Quick Start on the demos scene, it should work.

33. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

I've just imported/updated EBS and I'm trying to get it to work on 2018.3.8f1 and am having several problems.

First packages import just blew it all up. ugui wasn't a recognized assembly and couldn't get anywhere.

After I ignore that part of the package, I get further but get the following:

Failed to load 'D:/Project Files/EB3/Assets/Easy Build System/Samples & Integrations/Samples/Samples Contents/Terrain.asset' because it was serialized with a newer version of Unity. (Has a higher SerializedFile version)

Maybe this package has been uploaded as 2019?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

34. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

I see there is a newer version of 2018 than I have installed. I'm going to try it and get back with you. Thanks.

35. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The release 4.2 is available on Asset Store and the samples content require the 2019.1f.
    However, for the 2018, you can use the features, you can remove the folder (Samples & Integrations).

You can have more information about the project structure (Here).

36. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

Thanks. I tried it with 2019.1.1f and it worked.

37. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Ever since new update, go on the forest demo, start to build foundation, place a couple of logs and then destory
    so for 10 out of 10 times it crashes unity or a build

How can we get back the older versions back? so it can import to 2018 cheers

38. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

I will post a fix to fix this in the coming days.
    However you can send me your invoice number on the Discord if you want to go back to previous versions.

39. SLThompson

SLThompson

The PUN 2 demo has a missing script in scene, Photon Manager prefab, do you know what that is?

40. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Will this work with the newest opsive controllers

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Why cant i download and use EBS with 2018 anymore???

42. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hello. Is it possible to get an archived version that works with unity 2018?

43. csofranz

csofranz

Hi there,

I guess I'll second (or rather, third) the question - since we are on 2018 LTS, is there a version of EBS that will run on that? We don't see us moving to 2019 this year, and I would still like the option of looking into integrating this interesting asset.

Thanks for any advice,
    -ch

44. csofranz

csofranz

Well, I guess the non-answer tells me everything I needed to know.

45. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Sorry for the late reply, it looks like I'm not getting the thread notification anymore...

You can send me your invoice number on the Discord to download a older release (4.2 > 3.0).
    Or you can use only the Features of system you can find more information (Here).

46. csofranz

csofranz

Ok, thanks, I believe I now understand. I read your 'Out of the box' message, but probably something got lost in translation... Your page states that

"The system is required for the version Unity 2019f1 but can work on later versions without the folder Samples & Integrations."

Most people would probably Interpret this to mean that it will work with 2019.2, 2020.1, and other versions that are released later. Maybe if you replaced the word 'later' with 'earlier' on that page it would go a long way to avoid misunderstandings :)

Is there another way to contact you (pm perhaps?) for those wo do not use Discord?

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  47. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

Bought this last night and having a problem after integrating with Usurvival i wanna save my buildings with usurvival but it is not saving, what am i doing wrong?

48. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Thanks to report me this, it's now corrected, you can contact me by this mail AdsCryptoz@gmail.com.

When you start/exit your scene do you have logs from the Build Storage?

49. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Hi. I could do with a little help with this

50. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

Hi, I understand you've been asked this a few times and the response is. "Use the quick start." And that no - it doesn't work with invector inventory...but might be some uncoupled way via: EBS => Inv. Pro. <= Invector. The player none the wiser, and maybe how it should be to guard against changes.

However, I did want to see what the post had said you linked to in the quote above. I tried to archive.org the page to no avail...what info was there aside from the quickstart? can we get that text?

I have looked in discord, youtube, the integrations folder of the latest download, these forums, and facebook. So hoping to get this answered somewhere for about the 20 other folks I have seen ask. I understand you are busy, so please take your time - no rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.