Search Unity

Easy Build System V4 - Modular Building System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdsCryptoz, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Next functionality to add to Easy Build System ?

1. Android Compatibility

2. Third Person Controller Compatibility

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tethys

Tethys

Thinking of trying this system out but had a question. Can we set what tag the building system checks terrain for or is this hard wired somewhere? Not too big of a deal I can modify if needed, but cannot change our procedural terrain tag to terrain since we have other systems dependent on our existing setup. We have procedural voxel terrain generation at run time, is this going to be an issue?

1 more question - anyone try to set this up with a VR rig yet? I figure I'll have to extend the code a bit for positioning, send a ray from a VR controller instead of from the camera through the mouse position for item placement.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The system does not need terrain to work or again a specific tag, I have not yet had the opportunity to try it on a voxel terrain, but I think this should not be problematic, in case of problem you can contact me.

I have already received a lot of messages about the VR, this did not cause any problem, at condition to modify some code lines.

I hope I answered your questions,

Weblox and Tethys like this.
  3. Weblox

Weblox

´Hi @Xandops

I hope things are going well for Version 3.0. The wooden pieces set looks so nice. ;)

I just got the chance to play around with Voxeland and I am trying to get it to work with EBS. However, Voxeland does not create a standart Unity Terrain, but a GameObject that is NOT set to static by default.

It seems the EBS Terrrain Component can not detect the Voxeland Terrain (cannot drag to slot/dropdownlist is empty).

You can select your EBS Items with Place Mode but cannot actually place them on the Voxeland "Terrain".

Can you support us with a Voxeland Integration in Version 3.0 ? Btw the Author of Voxeland is more than helpful in support and I am quite confident that you guys can come up with a stable Integration as the both Assets would really make a nice Project Start.

• Move the Asset out of "Complete Project". If Layer/Tag/Input is needed use Setup - Wizzards.
    • add categories for items in UI ( multiple Collections to EBS Manager that get displayed in their own Category)
    • add option to NOT use the mouse wheel feature (scrolling is used by FPS Controllers to switch weapons)
    • easier handling of attachments and overlaps (if anyhow possible)
    • include Integrations as Unity Package Files inside the Integrations Folder (we can import from inside the Project)
    • Voxeland Integration

Thanks for your support and keep up the good work :D

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    AdsCryptoz likes this.
  4. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes, I apologize in advance for the lack of information about the development of the next update, I've a lot of late projects.

The integrality of the project have been totally reviewed/rewrites, and some components removed, such as overlaps.
    Editors/Inspectors have also been made easier used, for people who do not know the system well.
    Biggest of part of update is finished, I will also add the integration for the Voxel Terrain this is a good idea.

I will try to add more information here on this thread, before the release of the update.

In regards to your wish list, I think all this will be done, Thanks :) !

Weblox likes this.
  5. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Here's a quick overview of the three upgradable parts (Straw, Wood, Rock).
    That will soon be available in the next major release.

RobsonFMaciel and Weblox like this.
  6. artilla

artilla

How to resize the Prefab Editor?

Attached Files:

• ebs.jpeg
      ebs.jpeg
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
  7. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Create your prefab and change the scale in the hierarchy (Prefab and Preview).

Example :

8. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Xandops

I have talked back to the Author of Voxeland and he offered a Voxeland voucher for you to get the integration done. Also Ultimate Survival has just done a Voxeland Integration and they both might have some tipps for Voxeland - EBS Integration. Do you have an ETA for 3.0 already?

Thanks for all your support and keep up the good work!

9. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, I still have 30% of the physics to do, after that, I will can would begin the integration with the Voxeland, In regards to the developer of voxeland, I do not know it unfortunately, for ETA I think all this will be finished in 1 month. If all goes well :)

Weblox likes this.
  10. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Xandops

Great to hear about the progress and the Voxeland Integration. I am about to use EBS with the Inventory Pro Integration in my Opsive TPC Project. However , when importing the last EBS Version to my TPC Project I find all my EBS Demo Scenes not correctly working. It seems they have lost some Settings in the Editor.

- On the Main Camera/Physics Setting the layers are set to "none" . Selecting the default layer plus the EBS Layers seems to fix the Issues.

- In the InventoryPro Integration Demo the "Wood Chest" Object is not Interactable for me. I did not see how to fix it. Can you please verify the InventoryPro Integration is up to date with the latest version and the Demo is correctly working?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

11. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I've recently posted a post about this integration on the facebook page (Here), this asset is great with regards to terrain modification, I will recommend it.

As regards the loss of settings in the editor, this probably comes from the version of Unity, which version of Inventory Pro is Unity you use?

I've already reviewed the entire integration for the next major, it will no more problem.

Keep me informed,

Weblox likes this.
  12. Xype

Xype

As I just bought the asset, it being the ONLY build system I could find on the asset store that still has development.... How is the backwards compatability going to be, would I be wasting my time trying to set things up now? Any chance at a beta of the new version, I don't give a darn about the physics.

13. Weblox

Weblox

HI @Xandops

I am currently using Unity 5.5.1f1 with InventoryPro 2.5.8 that updated just a few days ago. Btw I really like EBS approach using the Integration Manager.

Awesome! I can't wait to play with the new release. ;)
    To really make the best out of Voxeland, the Player should be able to modify/change the terrain ingame at playtime. Voxeland can already do that. For the best Integration with EBS the Player would need to have a GUI - Toolbox (maybe inside of the EBS Inventory - Component) to select and use the Voxeland Tools and brushes.

GUI Tool-Panel :
    • select Brush size
    • select Tool (add/dig/remove/smooth/remove fragments)
    • select Object/Land Block (scrollable/with Categories - automagically added to GUI
    • Option to show/hide mouse Pointer when open/close GUIToolbox
    • Enable Voxeland Brush with GUIToolbox / Disable through rest of the Gameplay.
    To make full use of Unitys Event System, it would be nice to have
    • Options to Save/Load/ClearSavedSlot Functions with EBS Save System.
    • Options to access more Voxeland Functions through Unity.Event System

I really hope you can include that in the EBS Integration of Voxeland.

Also there is this Video about Integrating Voxeland with Ultimate Survival. They are making tools like pickaxe that can modify/interact with the Voxeland terrain. Maybe that would be of help too...

Thanks a lot for all your support and keep up the good work. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    AdsCryptoz likes this.
  14. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Hello Xandops,
    Firstly I just love your asset!! By far the best one Ive seen on Asset store and fairly easy to setup. I am running Unity 2017 and it works fine so far. Im also using IP 2.5.8 and have it working however the demo scenes have some settings missing as I seen Weblox had pointed out. I have Ebs working on my Voxel terrain but its hacked lol I seen you have it working nicely in your video.

Any chance we can get the Voxel integration before the update? Any idea on when the 3.0 will be out? Is it possible to build Tree houses with EBS?

Thank You for a great Asset.

15. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

To answer your questions, on the release of the release 3.0, it will be available on September 20, This date is approximate because it depends on the acceptance time of the Asset Store or any problem related with copyright.

The trailer will be available on the YouTube channel before the release on AssetStore :).

Hi, I think that this is useless on the current version, because the code as well as the structure of the project has been changed, precisely to facilitate the physics, unless you wish to stay with this version.

Hi, thanks you, regarding your idea of toolbox, I will try to leave the possibility to do it easily with integration.

Hi, thanks you, the response to your first question is in beginning message, as far as integration, I would have gladly posted on the current version of the AssetStore, unfortunately the old structure of the project will not allow it.

For the placement in the trees, you need to add a Ebs Attachment on your tree prefab, if you need more informations, you can consult the documentation or contact me by PM.

I hope I answered your questions,

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Weblox likes this.
  16. Xype

Xype

I need Voxeland is one of my core components, hence the need for the update :) Was just trying to determine if I should start putting togeteher modules or not. I can wait if I have to lol, thank you sir.

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  17. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Information for people who want to upgrade Easy Build System on beta 2017.1f :
    • It will first of all, change the old file by it (Path: EasyBuildSystem/Resources/Scripts/Editor/Window) : Here.
    • Redefine the layers of the component (EbsFirstPersonPlacement or Third) of your Main Camera, then that check the layers.
    Regarding the data loss of the editor, this will be resolved in the next release.

18. yamlCase

yamlCase

What is the best way to edit an EBS prefab? I so far have been deleting the EBS prefab, make my changes to the source item, then create a new EBS prefab. This has become very cumbersome as I add objects to my collection. Is there a streamlined way to edit the EBS prefab? Is it safe to just pull it into the world, make my edits and then apply? My concern with this approach is having to make the same edits twice (once for the "Build" and the same edits to the "Preview").

19. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

You can throw your Ebs Prefab into your scene, then apply the changes, this is the best way, Ebs Prefab Editor, allows you to create a new group that will contain your mesh as well as the preview, but these changes must be made in the object inspector.

Here is a video I made a while ago, but it can help you (Here).

I hope to have answered your question,

20. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Hello. Any word on when 3 will be out?

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  21. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

The asset in itself is finished, however, I've the documentation, also that the trailer, I thought to finish in time, unfortunately, it will still have to be a patient. I would post here the trailer soon.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Weblox likes this.
  22. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Great Thank you for your responce

23. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi, here is the preview of the next update.

I would post the release notes when the asset will be available on the asset store. as well as more informations about this release.

julianr and Weblox like this.
  24. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hi @Xandops , sorry for the repeated question. But I would like to know when 3.0 will come, because I am about to launch the beta of my game and I would like to use 3.0

Version 2.5 is great, but 3.0 is really awsome:)

Thank you:D

AdsCryptoz likes this.
  25. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thanks you, I've sent the update to the Asset Store, I'm waiting for their reply.

You will receive the notification when will available :)

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  26. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

What good news. Thanks for the quick response.
    I am looking forward to testing the new update:)

27. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

Looks like it is live. I just got the notification.

28. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Released!!! :D:D:D

29. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes the release is finally available,

The website is now online which means that you can access the Release Notes which very important.

The forum as well as the documentation with the integration guides is also available (Docs & Guides).

If you encounter any problems, do not hesitate to contact me.

julianr likes this.
  30. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hi @Xandops .
    I would like to know if implementing EBS for Realistic FPS Prefab would be as easy as for the other integrations you did, could you help me?:)
    Many thanks for the great work. Version 3.0 is fantastic. Extremely professional. Congratulations ;)

31. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

I have a new project in development, however, I want to add other integrations to Easy Build System such as Realistic Fps, I would add this in a future release.

You can contact me by mail if you encounter problems with this integration (AdsCryptoz@gmail.com).

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  32. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Cool, I'm working on this. If I encounter problems I will send you an email.:D
    Thank you for your support.:)

33. antony57

antony57

Hi Buddy, sorry to bother.

Can you explain how I can use this plugin to only allow construction for specific parts of a house prefabs.
    I'd like to use this tool and its snapping feature to allow player to fortify existing houses but nothing more.

Thanks a lot!

a.

34. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Sorry for the late response,

I would need more information to help you, what do you mean by piece specific ?

Regarding the use of some system function this is possible, however, you need modify some parts of code, you can contact me by email or forum if needed help for that.

35. antony57

antony57

Hey Xandops, yes that would be great if we could get in touch via email as I have no idea how to code that.

What I'd like to do is using the construction system of the plugin and its red / green casting feature.
    I'd like that wherever player tries to build something it just shows up as red because it's forbidden, but then if they approach an allowed surface like a door or a window (for instance the ones from the HQ Suburbian house prefabs available here on the assets store), then it would snap like a magnet (to forbid kind of ugly builds) to the windows or the doors and turn green, allowing constructions of prefabs barricades.

Not sure I am clear?

Thanks a lot!

a.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  36. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, I am trying out the new EBS 3.0 and have a quick support question. I am using it with inventory pro and so far most things seems to work well. However I am having trouble with runtime placement of the foundation prefab. What happens is it will not place even when green under most circumstances. When I am looking up at where I want to place the structure and it is green, when I click the left mouse button it works and it will place the structure. However, whenever I am at a position where I am looking down at it or level with where I want to place it, it will not place even when green. Here is a short video I made of the problem, the whole time it was green I was clicking away trying to get it to place. It is your default straw foundation from the upgrade collection that I made into an Inventory pro item type.

37. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Yes, it's more clear like this, I had trouble understanding, in this case it is not necessarily to go through the code, I think that for that you can use the (Require Socket) function on your parts to be able to place them only on a attach.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to upload a video, this placement conditional, is enabled by default to avoid placing the foundations in the air (if the physics are active).

You can disable this condition on any part you wish (Base Part -> Preview Settings -> Part Use Ground Upper) or increase the upper height limit.

38. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't work. The problem was whenever I was looking down at the foundation, it would not place, even when it was green. I thought this might have something to do with raycasting, and after some more troubleshooting if figured out what the problem was. Inventory pro requires a physics raycaster, and the default layer checked on the physics raycaster interferes with placement of EBS prefabs. I fiddled with it some more but so far nothing seems to work. With the default layer unchecked I can click on inventory pick up items but triggers like the crafting station still do not work, which makes the new EBS unusable with Inventory pro unless a solution is figured out.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  39. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Ah, it looks more complex then, can you contact me by email and send me all the information on the problem ?

I would post a fix if it is necessary.

40. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

The documentation has been updated three new guide are now available, others more complex are coming.

Documentation : Here.

41. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, your profile page doesn't appear to give me the option of emailing you. Let me know if you need any more info on the problem, I am not sure what more to give. I am thinking at this point I will probably just use the previous version of EBS, it worked fine with inventory pro and it meets my needs.

42. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

AdsStudio12@gmail.com is the email listed on their website.

43. BryanO

BryanO

44. claudius_I

claudius_I

can use this asset for RTS Camera? (mouse control movement)

45. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

You can contact me by mail (AdsStudio12@gmail.com), send me all the information about the problem, I will try to help you.

Hi,

With the quick start function I think that it can be quite simple to do, after, I don't know if the asset modify the project settings, which could maybe possibly cause problems with ebs.

Hi,

You can place objects in RTS view, however, if you want an advanced placement system with conditions, grids I think you will have to try another asset.

46. somosky

somosky

Hello I just bought your asset today and seems very fun to use. I'm looking forward to spending some time with it. Is there any integration for the XBOX controller? I see I can choose to launch the radial UI with joystick access but can not adjust or select anything with the controller. I can just open the radial UI.

47. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase, yes for that, it is unfortunately necessary to go by the code for modifying some inputs, however, I already started working on a new input manager, it will be available in the next release (3.1), that will solve your problem.

48. AdsCryptoz

AdsCryptoz

Hi there,

Here is the first complete guide (Part.1) - Creations Of Parts.

Note : Others guide will come in the next days, more information on description.

Weblox and VladimirRad like this.
  49. somosky

somosky

Sounds great. I really am enjoying the asset. Any rough idea of the 3.1 update for controller support?

50. BryanO

BryanO

Which Project settings are required? Or do you have a list someplace?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.