Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

earlyupdate.gputimestamp

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by idavida, Jul 12, 2017.

1. idavida

idavida

Hi,
    So we tried branching our project to test 2017.1, but felt there was quite a bit of lag introduced in our semilarge'ish project. Opening up the profiler and enabling the GPU profiler there was continous spikes of earlyupdate.gputimestamp taking up to 40ms every few frames with no further information. Rest of the game is well balanced ~4-6ms cpu/gpu.

Seems hard to google what this is, so what could it be for us exactly?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. moco2k

moco2k

I've also encountered this but I think it only appears when profiling in the editor, not in builds. So, chances are that it's nothing to worry about.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. kascope_dmarfurt

kascope_dmarfurt

I'm also seeing this in my profiler. Unity does tell you that using the GPU profiler has overhead, so I think that'd be the most likely cause.

4. tdelrue-poc

tdelrue-poc

Yop, Do you found a solution ? I have the same issue...

5. Whoaa

Whoaa

I have same problem.

6. rossadamsm

rossadamsm

I found changing V Sync Count to 'Don't Sync' instead of 'Every V Blank' seemed to fix this issue

7. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

I have the same problem with Unity 2017.2. Upon opening the profiler window, the play mode is slowed down to like 20-30fps. However, turning off v-sync doesn't fix this as rossadamsm mentioned. Even closing all sub-profilers doesn't help. Any other ideas?

8. apelsinex

apelsinex

these peaks are caused by profiler window for sure, try to drag profiler window while it records and you will see

9. ReaktorDave

ReaktorDave

The issue has been fixed with v2017.3, at least for me (tested on two devices). Just want to emphasize that this issue didn't occur across all my projects, but I didn't find why specific projects caused this issue and others worked flawlessly. However, all projects work fine with 2017.3.