Search Unity

early version of my Dose-shooting-game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Katzenklo, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Katzenklo

Katzenklo

I had the idea to make a dose-shooting-game. Here's what I've done up to now:

Attached Files:

2. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

i like how younger kids don't have explosions! very interesting. i like it more with big "BOOM!!!"s. not that theres sound. or is there? maybe i just wasn't paying attention. nice game!!!

3. Katzenklo

Katzenklo

NEW VERSOIN!

I made the terrain more beautiful (looks really cool i think :eek: ) and added some options and textures.

Tip: You'll have to switch to fullscreen in the webplayer to see all of the GUI in the main-scene.

Attached Files:

4. frigginjoe

frigginjoe

Looks like you're having fun with Unity, nice looking.

5. Alec

Alec

Hey mate I'm 13 but I'm working on a full fledged mp FPS with unity! :D

*thrusts fists in air*
    DOMINATION!

:D

Have fun lads

6. nickavv

nickavv

It looks pretty nice, but its really damn hard to hit cans. Also, the power bar should ping-pong rather than loop. I often found myself throwing with absolutely no power rather than full power.

7. yangmeng

yangmeng

I liked the fact that you could knock the whole table over with a good hit and get rid of all the cans at once! (Though maybe that's cheating, eh?)

8. tim

tim

I agree. It ran a little slow, too. Perhaps because of the grass? It's somewhat unnecessary.

9. Katzenklo

Katzenklo

@ Moldorma: I tried PingPong at first, but the problem is I don't know how to reset the value after throwing a ball, it always continues where it has stopped.

@ yangmeng: I want the game to be realistic, but you're right of course. I'll change that.

10. Katzenklo

Katzenklo

Tim is right of course, the game is running very slow. The funny thing is, that there's no great difference between the maximum (5 fps) and the minimum (10 fps) quality settings. Even if I turn off all the trees and set all other terrain settings to minimum I never get more than 15 fps.

my father's macbook: 1.83 Ghz dual core, 2 gb RAM, Intel GMA 950

Attached Files:

11. Katzenklo

Katzenklo

I've a new iMac now :D (I hope i'll be able to play crysis now) and the game runs fast enough on it to play.

Another thing is that I think the game is very boring at all and I'm looking forward to make a new and more funny game.

If you're interested: here's the latest (and probably the last) version:

Attached Files:

12. tim

tim

The performance was much better this time!