Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games [Early Access] Atmocity

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by _M_S_D_, Nov 26, 2017.

1. carking1996

carking1996

Game looks sweet, not gonna lie

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  2. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Heh, thanks :D

3. danielburnitt

danielburnitt

the game looks good. you can tell the "developer" has a love for their creation. I like the imagination and creativity you put into it. Also giving the player a large area to be creative themselves makes this sim city style game stand out from the rest.

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  4. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Continued focus on new buildings until I have enough to work on the systems.
    The newest addition is the historic museum building. Purposely "traditional" looking. The counterpart - the modern museum - will continue the retro futurism look of most other buildings. :)

20180421b.png
    20180421a.png

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  5. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I've continued working on adding new buildings this week, but also started optimizing and tweaking some of the graphical aspects of the game. Implemented proper LOD (two steps for now, a third will be added eventually).
    I have also added distance fog that follows the sun color.
    upload_2018-4-29_11-33-53.png

I now have three types of farms with production of food - Cereal, Legume and Fruit farms.
    Lower class residents will require no farms, lower mid will require cereal, middle class will also require legume, upper mid will also require fruit and the upper class will require all three and processed food (food processing plant building).

upload_2018-4-29_11-33-14.png

The lower mid commercial series now has three out of five densities. One through three seen here:

upload_2018-4-29_11-34-31.png

As with all other buildings in the game, they are done "for now". I've started adding smaller objects like street lights etc. to some of the zones, and more of that along with texture tweaks and more details will come later on.

Game development progresses quite well overall, so I've set a mid/late July target for the next playable version, which should feature roughly half of all buildings and a more full fledged UI along with a foundation for local and global economy and resource management.

upload_2018-4-29_11-40-36.png

6. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Now I have finished the low mid tier of commercial buildings. :)

upload_2018-4-30_15-53-15.png

7. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Clinic joins the building roster:
    upload_2018-5-1_12-23-6.png

8. evamariah

evamariah

This game has a really unique look, I especially like the use of lighting in the cityscapes. Best of luck!

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  9. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Thanks ^_^

10. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Putting a lot of time into more buildings, should have roughly 1/3 of all buildings done (for the time being) by the end of next week. After that I'll be getting into more system development.

Recent building additions, middle class commercial (third density):

upload_2018-5-5_15-1-51.png

High tech manufactory, first density:

upload_2018-5-5_15-2-21.png

And another shot of the clinic:

upload_2018-5-5_15-2-34.png

Attached Files:

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I've finally gotten around to implementing my own trees which cuts down tri count in the scene. I also added a 6 plane billboard version of the tree - looks ok, is very cheap and allows trees to show at greater distances.

I've also gotten around to adjusting post processing effects, fog, the day night cycle colors and the reflection probe.

upload_2018-5-7_18-9-9.png

12. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Looking great, so much work have gone into this. Any idea when the final release will be?

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  13. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Thanks :) I have it planned for early access early december, and then a full release a few months afterwards, a bit depending on how much feedback I get. There will be a lot of systems balancing that will require player feedback, so it's a bit difficult to estimate that part of it.

EbalStudios likes this.
  14. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

New park type and fourth density of middle class residential:

upload_2018-5-10_18-18-20.png

upload_2018-5-10_18-18-48.png

15. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

New commercial building finished. A third of all buildings finished! :D

upload_2018-5-13_19-2-20.png

The upcoming few weeks will be spent working on systems, so hopefully there will be some more videos soon. :)

16. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Started working on some concepts for canals - yes, there will be canals that make no sense either. ;)

upload_2018-5-16_18-7-28.png upload_2018-5-16_18-7-35.png

RavenOfCode likes this.
  17. CharisVik

CharisVik

Very beautiful,i think if u change the skybox for the night time it will be even more beautiful.

18. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Thanks! Working on it :D

19. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Done an overhaul of the building classes. Mainly I've added a new class that inherits from the buildingmanager class, called zonemanager. This class only handles buildings that can grow (residential, commercial and industrial zones). That way I can diet the building manager so that buildings that don't grow don't have to carry around extra weight. :)

I've continued working on the local economy system. Now I log the amount of buildings a conglomerate owns, I keep track of their density and also decrease happiness drastically if a building is demolished. The system is currently very rudimentary, but having happy conglomerates will be central to building a thriving city and will be a way to offset the effects of economic downturn in the global economy.

I will be giving the ui an overhaul to allow for the vast amount of buildings featured in the game. For starters, I've changed the code quite a bit. Now, instead of selecting location then building, you select buildings first, then plop them where you want them. The UI will be getting a graphical overhaul in the upcoming two or so weeks.

Canals are now properly implemented! I added a canal class that checks the current location of a canal in relation to nearby canal tiles. The whole system can be seen here:
    https://twitter.com/CorrectureGames/status/997836129750614017

To prevent seams in the water depending on tile rotation I've gotten and edited a world space shader and added two normals that pan independently to produce a wave like effect.

upload_2018-5-19_15-57-13.png

View of the commercial district on the other side of the canal:
    upload_2018-5-19_15-58-50.png

StevenPicard and QFSW like this.
  20. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Been having to spend quite a bit of time managing my other two games this week along with day job stuff.
    But I have made some progress! I've settled on the resources that will go into the game (possibly there will be additions, but not highly likely):

goods - produced in industry
    cereal - produced in cereal farms
    legume - produced in legume farms
    fruit - produced in fruit farms
    processed food - produced in food processing plants, input cereal, legume and fruit

The above resources are required by commercial buildings and residential buildings along with water.
    Because Atmocity is a bit weird in that you're not building a city on the ground, you don't build mines for resources etc.
    So what there is, instead, is a Water Absorbent Plant for water production and Atmospheric Particle Filtration Plants (dirty but efficient) and Centrifugal Particle Extractors (clean but inefficient and pricey) to filter out particles in the atmosphere. The particles are sand, metal particles and silicon particles.
    With these filtered particles as input you will be able to produce concrete, glass, processed metal and electronics that will used to construct buildings and to earn money.
    There will also be forests that produce wood (duh) that can be processed into planks.

Recycling plants will also "produce" some of these resources.

With the resources pretty much picked, I will be beginning work on the new and expanded ui. Alongside this work I will be adding in building efficiency, so that buildings that lack fundamental resources like water, electricity and labour won't produce outputs and buildings that lack part of an input will produce less output.

Work on the new building placement code is now also complete. When selecting a building to place, a hologram appears:
    upload_2018-5-26_20-19-12.png

The new code also allows for speed placement of buildings - ie, you don't need to click select a new building every time one has been placed. Intended primarily for quick placement of numerous residential, commercial and industrial zones.

I've slowed down work on buildings and will resort to boxing when testing new things from now on. But there are a few new things:

Fifth density of middle class is finished for now.

There is now a hospital building:

And just some other stuff:

That's all progress for this week. :)

QFSW likes this.
  21. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello!

This week I've started reworking the UI. It is by no means finished, but at least now I have a building panel that can fit all the buildings (55 items in total!).

upload_2018-6-3_12-32-52.png

Since most of the building functionality is now in, I've started optimizing the code. What I'm most happy about at the moment, is that I've managed to remove a bunch of fields that were in every structure (even building blocks). This means that instead of data like positions, parents etc. being stored at all times, it's only fetched when needed. This should lower the "footprint" of each building.
    Interestingly, most of the code for the core gameplay is pretty much finished. What needs to be added in now is all of the UI functionality and stuff like information to the player. So that means that I will be focused on UI, icons, player info etc. the upcoming few weeks.

As for the next playable version, I've decided to leave the local economy and global economy out, although the basics of these systems are finished. This is to preserve a bit of time as I will need to get resource management balanced at least acceptably well first.
    So July/August version will feature roughly 1/2 of all buildings and the complete, albeit roughly balanced, resource management system.
    I will have a pre release version sent out to curators and youtubers/streamers around late October. The goal for this version is to have both local economy and global economy systems implemented, resource management well balanced and roughly 80% of all buildings in the game.

upload_2018-6-3_12-47-1.png

22. QFSW

QFSW

I quite like it :) Looks fresh, just needs a splash of colour

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  23. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I've let the UI stuff rest during the week and will put in some more work on it tomorrow. I've mostly been working on resource management stuff this week instead, and started making some of the production buildings.

Electronics factory (will be making some minor adjustments to this one):
    upload_2018-6-9_18-37-52.png

And the atmospheric filtration plant, used to fetch stuff like metal dust, sand and silicon from the atmosphere (as mining in the sky doesn't make any sense):
    upload_2018-6-9_18-38-25.png

I should be able to get one more building done tomorrow, aside from more UI work. :)

eaque, Billy4184 and QFSW like this.
  24. QFSW

QFSW

Very rustic looking! I like it

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  25. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

More dirty industry! Not everything in Atmocity is clean and shiny. ;)

Concrete manufactories:
    upload_2018-6-18_18-23-52.png

Dirty manufactory density 1 and 2:
    upload_2018-6-18_18-26-41.png

QFSW likes this.
  26. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Finally (!?) back from vacation and back to work on the game. :)

This (half) week's progress:

Grammar school:

upload_2018-7-7_17-54-11.png

I've finished the 4th and 5th density for the middle class commercial buildings:

upload_2018-7-7_17-54-37.png

Which means the middle class tier is now complete:

upload_2018-7-7_17-54-53.png

Tomorrow will be spent working on the UI and trying to finish it up for the upcoming demo version alongside working on minor details- :)

QFSW likes this.
  27. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I've had a very busy week this past week, having to go back to my day job and some other stuff. But I have managed to get a lot of Atmocity work done as well.

I started the week focusing on code. Something that needed to be done for the upcoming demo was saving/loading. That has now been more or less implemented. I need to add some more variables, namely conglomerate info etc., but other than that, cities can now be saved and loaded. Here's a slowed down view of it:
    https://twitter.com/CorrectureGames/status/1017812319185891328

Being able to save cities has also meant I can now do some more long term testing. This has meant I could uncover some bugs that have now been fixed. Stuff like values values not resetting. I've also been able to fine tune resource management values.

I've also connected pollution with health levels. So high pollution levels will lower the health of the citizens which will be costly.

The population/Labour/work/tax system has gotten a major overhaul and should now be more efficient and stable.

Towards the end of the week I've focused on buildings once more. The metal processing plant is finished:

DiFSQDGX0AErhf8.jpg

Resources will need to be stored. To increase the maximum storage you will need to build warehouses:

DiIo8uyXkAE_Qsz.jpg

The last out of three plazas is finished, except for some props like benches and a fountain:

DiJX2HPXUAElYhw.jpg

The unclean industry tier is now finished too:

DiK0C1vWAAEgguw.jpg

Here's the test city I've been using to save and load and to optimize systems:

DiJlDzOWsAAw4_R.jpg

That's all for this week. :) Next week there should be some more interesting stuff!

28. QFSW

QFSW

nice! When's the demo?

29. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Soon… ish ;) mid August or so seems likely at the moment, but that can change. It needs to be stable.

QFSW likes this.
  30. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

A lot more code stuff has been done.
    Primarily more resource management stuff and making sure cities are relatively stable even when you lose a resource. Don't want cities to spiral into nothingness just because there's a small lack of electricity or similar. :p

I've also started optimizing graphics by merging emission maps with gloss maps in my own shader. Using .r for metallic, .g for smoothness and .b for emission allows me to compress into RGB formats which saves space.

Lastly, I've made a replacement shader for use as an efficiency visualization tool that players will be able to access to determine what parts of their cities aren't working properly.

What is does is display the city color coded from red to green, which corresponds to a 0-1 float that every building has.

upload_2018-7-18_15-43-28.png

Into:
    upload_2018-7-18_15-43-37.png

Since it's a replacement shader that only requires a float to be fed into it, it is very performant.
    It can be seen in action here:
    https://twitter.com/CorrectureGames/status/1019574803487973376

31. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello,
    I've mostly been running tests lately, uncovering and fixing bugs and trying to balance building outputs etc.
    The balancing is mostly stable atm., with inputs/outputs being fairly functional now. Although the final values are still a long ways away, and will mostly be settled on once proper player testing begins.

I'm also trying to wrap up UI work for the alpha demo version. It remains to be seen if there will be any huge UI changes later on down the line, but atm, it is functional and fairly self explanatory.

I've also been merging textures so that I can further improve performance. Obviously, most of the optimization both in terms of code and graphics will come later this year, before the game releases. But I figure it's nice to start looking into some possible optimizations already early on.

upload_2018-7-21_18-29-11.png

Lastly, I've decided to cut the lower class residential and commercial tier for the demo to save me some time to work on other things, mainly music and sfx as those are lagging behind a bit.

32. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Finished all the buildings for the demo (54 in total, roughly half of the planned total).

Other than that I've mostly focused on UI work. The UI is more or less finished now, with only another smaller additions planned for the demo.

City stats panel (to the left), building info, and construction menu.
    upload_2018-7-25_16-15-1.png

Resource menu (left), another building info panel and more of the building menu.
    upload_2018-7-25_16-15-57.png

One of the smaller planned changes is to change the color of the numbers, since they lack visibility against certain parts of the sky, along with a destruct button in the building info panel (next to the flip and rotate buttons at the bottom) and load/save/exit buttons.

Glass works:
    upload_2018-7-25_16-18-12.png

Up next is to finish up sounds and music and add some remaining polish. Otherwise, the demo is more or less finished (planning to finish it this week or mid next week the latest).

33. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I've decided to shift the old lower middle class commercial and residential tiers down to plain lower class tiers.
    So that means I need to make a replacement lower middle class. Luckily I've felt rather inspired lately, so the new lower middle class tier of commercial buildings is almost complete. Here's the finished density 1-4.

upload_2018-8-9_19-50-36.png

There are still a bunch of details missing, and generally, all buildings will receive some touch ups later on, but right now I feel it's best to focus on fast paced production. :)

I've also started working more on the local and global economy and hope to have an iteration of this up and running by the end of the week.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  34. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

And here's the full tier. :)

upload_2018-8-10_12-9-11.png

RavenOfCode likes this.
  35. virror

virror

This looks really cool! I love city management games : )

_M_S_D_ likes this.
  36. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Thanks :D You and me both then! Thousands of hours between Sim city, Sim Tower, the Anno series and Settlers among others. :)

37. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Looks great, any chance we can get a gameplay video sometime soon? I'd love to see the actual gameplay loop.

38. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Ooh, I forgot to post that here. :O

This is a bit more than two weeks old, so quite a bit has happened since with tuning Resources etc. And it's not the most eventful video you'll ever see, but it showcases the game in its current state at least.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  39. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Here is a let's player giving the game a go. :)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  40. salfingerandrew

salfingerandrew

:O wow Atmocity looks amazing!!!!

QFSW and _M_S_D_ like this.
  41. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

salfingerandrew likes this.
  42. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I didn't get quite as much done this week as I had first anticipated, but I did manage to make a fairly dramatic change that I've been toying around with in my head for quite a while.

upload_2018-8-17_18-18-35.png

Decreased the size of the building blocks to allow for a less blocky look. This meant rewriting quite a lot of code (perhaps surprisingly so to some). Another reason for this is because I want to add a conventional road system, but didn't want the size of the roads to match the footprints of the buildings.
    I also have some ideas for adding minor decorative buildings that are smaller, and also some residential buildings which will be smaller (to make something like suburban districts).

I did also manage to make a building for the new lower middle class residential tier:
    upload_2018-8-17_18-22-0.png

Hopefully I can sneak in some more work this weekend. :)

RavenOfCode and QFSW like this.
  43. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Ended up spending quite a bit of time on the now released Brink of Extinction release, but managed to get more done on Atmocity too!

Fixed up a few issues with collision detection when Buildings grow. This was related to the new smaller block size.

I've also attached labour demand to the business cycle and a wage variable. This means that when the economy is booming, industry and commerce will ask for more Labour and output more resources. Depending on your policy for wages, this effect can be rather substantial. A city that implements a high minimum wage, however, will only benefit from increased labour demand if unemployment is high enough to supress high wage demands.

This system will increase difficulty, as a poor global economy will affect your cities employment, which can be costly if you have stuff like welfare implemented.

I've also implemented a tool tip system now, so that there's a small text display when hovering over resource icons etc. :)

Given the recent changes the game is rather messy at the moment, but I'm hoping I will be able to tie things together for a stable version for youtubers and testers in late september.

upload_2018-8-19_18-38-7.png

QuadArt and QFSW like this.
  44. QuadArt

QuadArt

Love the style, looks great

_M_S_D_ and QFSW like this.
  45. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

46. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Lower middle class tier gets its third density!

upload_2018-8-22_17-41-17.png

I've had the game out for some testing and gotten some feedback. So I've mostly been working on minor polish and fixes from that.
    I did manage to get a sort of economic crash feature working, but before I can continue to work on it and tweak it I want to make a graph, since it's easier to follow than logged values :p

RavenOfCode likes this.
  47. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello!

Had a rather slow week, but did manage to make some progress.

Middle class residential tier is almost finished, here's the fourth density. Fifth one should be finished today.

ResW2D4_2.png

Last week I started working on a graph system that will be used for the global economy among other things. With this I've been able to fine tune the global economy system to behave sort of like I want it to. Enough so that I've been able to fully integrate it into the other systems.
    This means that when global economy is booming, commercial zones will request more labour. All production buildings (both your own and those you have zoned, but are owned by conglomerates) will increase their demand for labour and if there's enough labour they will increase output of goods (and pollution! :O).
    From a city management perspective this means you will be able to earn more tax income and have lower unemployment in a booming economy. But if you expand your city too much you might run the risk of high unemployment once there's an economic downturn, which depending on policy might end up being costly.

The next step in all of this is to tie in a wage function. High unemployment represses wage demands and the opposite. A high wagelevel lowers demand for labour.

The global economy system can be seen here (graph is WIP):
    upload_2018-9-2_10-4-26.png

And here you can see a sped up version while fine tuning it:
    https://twitter.com/CorrectureGames/status/1035867379279056896

As seen in the above image, I've also started incorporating roads. At first I was not going to have any roads, but rather just have flying cars and stuff. People seem to like roads in city builders so I've decided to add them. This also meant that I had to redo a lot of the foundation for how resources are calculated in the city. Before, everything was global, but now things will be calculated by 5x5x5 chunks called "Islands". There will be a check to see if these islands are connected with eachother and if they are, resources and demanded resources will be calculated together, otherwise they will be isolated and calculated on their own. This means that, as a player, you can build one big connected city, but if you wish, you can also build smaller isolated communities that work on their own. Once you reach far enough into the game, you will also be able to build atmoports to connect different parts of the city without using roads (each building will require a road though).

I recently started changing the texture atlases for all the Buildings and have FINALLY finished all of them. I did this to be able to pack textures more. Each "footprint" of a building is the same size, fitting four into the same texture. Having building footprints in the same texture means I use those textures 100%. I can then pack the rest of the building textures more tightly. I estimate I can cut down texture usage quite a bit by doing this. It also allows me to compress the building footprints more if needed, since this part of each building doesn't require quite as much detail.

That's it for this week!

48. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello,

This week's focus has primarily been to reach a new stable version of the game. There's been a lot of under the hood work done - stuff that initially pretty much broke the game and required quite a lot of effort to get working.

First of all, the game has moved away from the big block sizes into a smaller block size. Along with this, there will be two sizes of buildings. Currently, only roads and canals are the smaller size, but in the future there will be a set of smaller residential and commercial zones along with small parks and statues etc.

Another big change, hinted above, is the introduction of roads. The current implementation is rather simple - each building requires a road. However, there is currently no control as to whether this road leads anywhere. This system is still in its infancy and was therefore cut from the new alpha build.

The addition of a road system means the game moves away from a global resource system and into a system where resources are shared within an area connected by roads. This "Island" system as I call it is more or less finished, but as I mention above, the road does not connect different islands and as such, the game still handles resources as if they were global.

The finished road system should make it into the next alpha version.

This version also features three sets of residential zones and three sets of commercial zones along with the addition of the carbon storage facility and carbon power plant. This means that there is now also a carbon resource.

I've also redone the density function meaning that sparse areas of residential zones will not spawn higher densities. This is to avoid areas completely maxing out in areas that do not have a lot of densely packed zones. This also gives cities a more "realistic" skyline.

There are now also tool tips to help players understand what is what. Obviously, the game is still very light on information to the player, but this will be added in as more things get finished.

There's also been quite a few bug fixes in the game, but I've mainly focused on optimization. I've managed to cut quite a few textures by adding together textures and mapping UVs differently. I've ensured things batch together properly so that there are as few new instances of things as possible meaning I could go from roughly 1500-2000 drawcalls in a medium sized city, to about 500-600.

A few things had to be cut from the alpha. Some policy stuff was meant to make it into this version, but had to be cut due to a few bugs needing to be ironed out. I've also pushed the addition of music for now.

That's pretty much it for this week. :)

/ Dispersing Minds

49. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello!
    It's been a couple of slow weeks again. Been bogged down with regular job and some family matters. But now I'm back at developing the game properly again! Recently I've been working mostly on graphical touch ups and optimization.

Main progress recently is that I've finally managed to get trees that look good and perform well. I'm now using an unlit shader with an illumination layer. It also has vertex distortion so that they sway, looking like a bit of a wind effect without having to use colliders etc. I also added so that the cutout is affected by distance, allowing me to "fade" trees before they are culled by the camera.

To accomodate for the increasing amount of props in the cities (trees, containers etc), I've added a mesh merging system so that objects of the same type for each building are merged on build.

Since changing to smaller building blocks, buildings can no longer grow from within the blocks. Buildings now being bigger than the blocks. Instead, I've added a cutoff based on height. Buildings will now appear from the bottom and up. Hopefully I can make this look even nicer with some working machinery or something. :)

upload_2018-9-22_18-39-48.png

I've also started texturing roads. There will be two types of main road depending on whether they're connected to residential and commercial zones or not. Currently the latter version is the finished one and as such it's shown even alongside industrial zones in the images below. :)

Trees and roads:

upload_2018-9-22_18-47-15.png

upload_2018-9-22_18-47-41.png

Night time roads:

upload_2018-9-22_18-47-50.png

upload_2018-9-22_18-48-14.png

I did manage to also get some systems work done. Mostly related to the global economy system, which is now a bit less unpredictable. I also fixed a handful of bugs, among them one where nominal costs would increase over time (due to inflation), but incomes would remain the same, meaning that over time you would start losing imense amounts of cash. :D

QFSW likes this.
  50. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Hello!
    Although not a super efficient week, I've started picking up pace again. This week I've started expanding the UI to be able to fit new features in. More space for buttons at the top, slider for Resources (since the entire pane was full and I've still got resources to add).
    upload_2018-9-30_17-58-15.png

The empty buttons at the top will be for the stock exchange/trade center, local economy/budget, conglomerate/citizen advisory board and the last empty one will likely be used for research.

Two new buildings have made it into the game this week. The Police station (here almost finished):
    upload_2018-9-30_18-0-56.png

And also the Carbon Pressurization Plant, that will produce Diamonds that will be used for advanced circuits and jewelry.

upload_2018-9-30_18-1-33.png

I've been continuing optimization work. Since switching to smaller building blocks the same volume of blocks produces 8 shadow casters instead of one. This, along with the increasing number of props like trees and containers, was pushing the number of shadow casters a bit too much (1500+ in a view). To remedy this I made a system that creates a shadows only volume based on the blocks within segments of 5x5x5 sized spaces. Together with a system that merges all similar props into one object per building has meant the number of shadow casters in now generally below 500-600.

The grouping of blocks can be seen here:

upload_2018-9-30_18-6-8.png

There's been some other minor progress too, fixing bugs, mini-optimization and overall polish and work on LODs, but that's pretty much it. :)

upload_2018-9-30_18-7-7.png