Search Unity

Eadon RPG Add-on for Invector TPC

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mbussidk, Jan 31, 2021.

1. mbussidk

mbussidk

Eadon RPG for Invector is a role-playing game add-on for Invector Melee and Invector Shooter controllers. This add-on will let you build games leveraging all the classic tropes of role-playing games.
    It has the following features:

It has the following features
    • Multiple stats (completely customisable)
    • Multiple skills (completely customisable)
    • Race and class system (completely customisable)
    • Mana system for spells
    • Stats and skills can affect max health, max stamina, max mana, damage and carried weight
    • Stats and skills checks
    • Resistance system and effect conditions
    • Race/class-based resistances
    • Equipment bonuses/resistances, from basic armour to flaming swords to rings of strength
    • Spell management and editor
    • XP and levels
    • Vendor system
    • Integration with kripto289 series of effects assets
    The full documentation is available online on the website. Support is available here in the forum or on Discord.

2. mbussidk

mbussidk

Duffer123 likes this.
  3. mbussidk

mbussidk

It has now been submitted to the Unity Asset Store for review!

Mark_01 and Duffer123 like this.
  4. mbussidk

mbussidk

5. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

Looked like such a good idea. But tried with latest Invector Shooter and U2020.2.3f1 - multiple compile and file read/format errors. Looks like it can't read the text asset files after import.

6. mbussidk

mbussidk

As stated in the manual, page 7:

In addition, a number of errors will appear as soon as the add-on is imported because the code relies on the presence of three vItemType and seven vItemAttributes. In order to fix this error, you need to go to Invector/Inventory/Item Enums/Open ItemEnums Editor and click on “REFRESH ITEMENUMS” at the bottom

It's in a section titled Prerequisites...

7. mbussidk

mbussidk

A tutorial on how to extract clothing from Reallusion Character Creator 3 models for use with my Eadon RPG for Invector add-on is now available here:

Kennth, Mark_01 and Duffer123 like this.
  8. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

Thanks for the response. I did read that and really thought I had done it. But will try it again in a bit and make sure.

Retried: fresh install of U2020.2.3f1 with Invector Shooter: clearly I had not clicked what I thought I had heh. All the errors cleared except this:
    "Assets\Cogs & Goggles\Eadon RPG for Invector\Scripts\Eadon\Rpg\Magic\EadonSpellAttack.cs(35,69): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'vControlAI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Refers to this code line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var controlAi = animator.gameObject.GetComponent(typeof(vControlAI));
    I wonder if Invector changed the name of a component in the last update a few days ago?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  9. mbussidk

mbussidk

Hi, no that is actually a bug which has been fixed in a release waiting for approval. It was first pointed out by another user on the discord server. The update was pushed Friday and should be live any day now. In the meantime, if you hop over to the discord server, I’ve posted a replacement file (and a patch for the very last version of Horse Animset Pro which came out while my package was being approved).

Duffer123 likes this.
  10. mbussidk

mbussidk

I have made a quick video to help another use on how to import the add-on on an empty project. It can be found here:

11. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

@mbussidk thanks again for the quick response. Really appreciate the good service.

12. mbussidk

mbussidk

Version 1.0.1 is now live on the asset store. It has the following changes:

Bug fixes:
    - error on import if FSM AI is not present
    - some spell VFX setup would fail to be destroyed if the spell script was not on the parent game object

Mark_01, Dreamwalker23 and Duffer123 like this.
  13. Bwacky

Bwacky

I got a small question before I bite :)
    Does it come with any sort of questing and dialogue system or do we have to get a custom integration going for that?

14. mbussidk

mbussidk

Hi, no it doesn’t. On the asset store there are some amazing dialogue system and quest solutions (from Pixel Crushers) which work very well with Invector.

Kennth, Duffer123 and Mark_01 like this.
  15. mbussidk

mbussidk

A new video has been posted explaining how to create characters and clothing with morphs:

Kennth and Mark_01 like this.
  16. VIC84

VIC84

hello i did just instal this on a frech invector instalation , i did refresh the items but i still have one error : Assets\Cogs & Goggles\Eadon RPG for Invector\Scripts\Eadon\Rpg\Editor\CreateRpgNpcWindow.cs(293,81): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'vControlAI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

any idea ?

17. n00b_013

n00b_013

As per author on their own discord:
    if you get this error dur to FSM AI not being installed in your project: Assets\Cogs & Goggles\Eadon RPG for Invector\Scripts\Eadon\Rpg\Editor\CreateRpgNpcWindow.cs(293,81): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'vControlAI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) please replace CreateRpgNpcWindow with this version:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/805429441840152617/814047266444673024/CreateRpgNpcWindow.cs

Their support channel:
    https://discord.gg/pcC7g8Nj

18. mbussidk

mbussidk

As the other user replied, that is the solution. It will be fixed in an update that will be pushed to the asset store today

Duffer123 likes this.
  19. mbussidk

mbussidk

Version 1.2 is now live: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/eadon-rpg-for-invector-183202
    This update fixes the error reported by VIC84

Mark_01 likes this.
  20. VIC84

VIC84

I still had this error but to remplace the FILE did work -thx
    would it work with builder ?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  21. mbussidk

mbussidk

You mean the builder add-on?

22. VIC84

VIC84

23. mbussidk

mbussidk

there is no impact/overlap between the two add-ons, I have both working in a game in pre-production.

24. kyo154xb2

kyo154xb2

I'm not sure how to implement the XP and levels system.

25. mbussidk

mbussidk

There is a component called EadonXpGiver, which contains a field for the amount of XPs to give and a single public method called GiveXPToPlayer().
    Attach this component to your NPC/animal/monster/etc and link that method to the on death event of your AI solution. You can also use it in other scenarios like giving xp to the player when a chest is opened, an object found, etc

Mark_01 likes this.
  26. VIC84

VIC84

after instaling bulder , nothing in the console , but the vendor sell/buy bouton no longer work

27. mbussidk

mbussidk

Can you explain what you mean by "no longer work"? do they not appear? do they not perform the action (buy/sell)?
    I suggest you hop over to the support discord for faster resolution of your issue: https://discord.gg/uHhuuJejd8

28. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Do you support mobile?

29. mbussidk

mbussidk

Within the limits of Invector support for mobile, yes. My add-on uses standard Invector vInput system, which at times is troublesome. Happy to help you if you’re doing a mobile project

30. Pixchel

Pixchel

Hey, I just bought your addon, and it's normal that ... Skills deals no damage to enemy tag ?

it's because builder and Eadon use smae item ID and same inventory slot for allthings... you have to make a lot of modif to make it work

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  31. mbussidk

mbussidk

I'm not sure I understand your question. Skills affect the character, they can increase the damage you deal but do not deal damage directly..

32. Pixchel

Pixchel

I've followed your YTB tutorial too creat a new skill, and when I shoot on the ennemy, nothing happen. I means that he don't lose health, anyway the demo skill desappear before to hit merchant or ennemy

I have swapped the damage type to magicalprojectile and I added it to the ennemy damage receiver

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  33. mbussidk

mbussidk

I assume you're trying to create a spell. The demo spell uses the Eadon Magic Projectile script. In there there's a dropdown to select the Target Layer Mask, i.e. which layers are valid target layers. The demo spell is set to hit the Default layer and the Enemy layer, and will correctly damage an Enemy. You can try it by shooting it at the vendor in the demo scene.

34. Pixchel

Pixchel

I've just tryed to put a tag to hit, and I removed it after

35. mbussidk

mbussidk

Attention!
    Invector 2.5.7 (released on May 31st 2021) has a breaking change that will prevent compilation with Eadon RPG for Invector 1.4 or previous. A patch is currently available on the support Discord

36. pascalenos

pascalenos

Hola buenas tardes, he comprado su producto ( IN010001783693), pero he tenido ala siguiente dificultad, al momento de tratar de agregar el sistema de ropa a un personaje de sinty modular, la pestaña no me deja acceder al boton de crear, haciendo imposible continuar con ese paso: ¿qué puedo hacer?

Hello, good afternoon, I have bought your product (IN010001783693), but I have had the following difficulty, when trying to add the clothing system to a modular sinty character, the tab does not allow me to access the create button, making it impossible to continue with that step: what can I do?

37. Cameon-57

Cameon-57

I'm really excited about this package, as it comes with everything I need! but right now I'm getting an odd error message:
    "Assets\Cogs & Goggles\Eadon RPG for Invector\Scripts\Eadon\Rpg\Editor\CreateRPGCharacterWindow.cs(427,69): error CS1501: No overload for method 'CreateDefaultEquipPoints' takes 2 arguments".
    I've refreshed the Item Enums too. I was wondering what I could do to make this work?
    I used Unity 2020.3.6

38. mbussidk

mbussidk

You're using Invector 2.5.7 which made a change and broke the wizard to create a character. If you join the support discord and send me a private message with the invoice number, I'll give you access to the channel where the patch is available

Mark_01 likes this.
  39. Cameon-57

Cameon-57

Okay! Thank you! I will do that

40. SubT

SubT

Item Enums, in case it helps anyone I was lost on the path until I dug around.
    I found this in the path Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/vItemEnumsBuilder/Resources/vItemEnumsList.asset
    Open itemenums Editor button.. then at bottom refresh.

After the fact I watched the video posted above and realize that the path given is actually from the Invector Menu. I feel silly now but it wasn't clear for me.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Duffer123 likes this.
  41. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Theres a lot of issues im running into setting this up. 1 issue is after buying and item in the demo scene then going back into inventory to use it, upon closing the inventory screen, the screen gets frozen. This happened from me swapping my character with the demo scene character. I only did this, because all of my attempts to set the character up from scratch, i can seem to get to working. When i set up a character from scratch and ad your rpg controller, i start the scene, open my inventory, and upon close, i can no longer move the character. this is with a base fbx model with no scripts. At this for hours, now and same results. You really need a more detailed setup instructions or video describing how to set this up. For example, some of your settings in the doc do not even appear in some windows in the editor, which lets me know the asset has been updated and instructions have not for example.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  42. mbussidk

mbussidk

This normally happen if you have two inventories attached to your character, the default Invector one and the Eadon RPG inventory. For support, please use discord as I somehow don't always get notifications for forum posts

43. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

This issue is resolved

44. abcarroll3

abcarroll3

Im.still.having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

45. mbussidk

mbussidk

You need to remove the original invector inventory

46. wulff420

wulff420

even with the invector inventory removed it still freezes even tho it showed eadon rpg menu

47. wulff420

wulff420

found that error it was still in the characters hierarchy the invector inventory. but now i get an error when equiping itmes no items spawn weapons specificaly that is and i get this error in console Setting the parent of a transform which resides in a Prefab Asset is disabled to prevent data corruption

48. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Sorry, just not now seeing this. You probably already know the issue now, which is, after creating a shooter controller in the eadon rpg wizard, the wizard for some reason, assigns two inventories to the character's hierarchy. Deleting 1 will fix this issue.

49. NinjaP3nguin

NinjaP3nguin

Does anyone know how the XP leveling system works and how the character actually gains XP ?

50. wulff420

wulff420

its all in the template but you need to do a triggered event that does the xp add aswell as having the eadon xp script attached to the player and whatever you want giving xp upload_2022-10-26_0-45-21.png
    upload_2022-10-26_0-47-54.png
    upload_2022-10-26_0-50-44.png
    in the images my player has the xp script on him the zombie dude has the xp script and a give xp and its triggered by the zombie dude's ReDeath. lol the on death event.

In Other news im struggleing with making a spell i have the explosion happen i have the character do a cast animation but i dont know where and how to place my characters spell spawn point properly. how do you aim this thing? lol

Attached Files: