Search Unity

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by RyuMaster, Apr 29, 2012.

1. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Code (csharp):
    1. DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
    2. Trying to allocate: 16777232B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: NewDelete
    3. Allocation happend at: Line:439 in C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/Graphics/Image.cpp
    4. Memory overview
    Hi! This is what I see inside WebPlayer log along with other data. Standalone build works fine. I'm doing some risky operations with 2048x2048 texture sizes and substances, still, should webplayer run out of memory faster then standalone build? It hits 1.24gb before crash, while standalone is ~600mb stable all the time. Maybe I need to call garbage collector manually for webbuilds?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

thrust a bug report with project attached :)

3. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

OMG, if that is a bug, then I don't know where to start. project is so big >_< hmmm Guess I'll strip all out, reproduce it in ideal envoirment, and file a bug report

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  4. l0cke

l0cke

Rolling eyes. I am curious, when this community finds out, that they are customers and they should demand at least standard customer approach, not this "send us your project or go to hell".

5. niosop2

niosop2

Agreed! In this day and age there's no reason why Unity shouldn't be able to figure out what the problem is without actually looking at it. Speaking of which, I'm having a problem where my thingy doesn't work, please fix it in the next release guys.

And congratz to you Hippo, evidently you are working for Unity now.

6. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

They already did, there are plenty of topic about it, but right now nothing could be done. I looked though other engines already and decided to stick with Unity for a while, which means, file bug report and stay shut :D

7. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

I clearly reproduced the bug, attached project folder, and got message "Bus submitted, thank you!" Where can I track its status? Or see case number or something? My development halted because of it, so I'm very eager to know :)

8. jlevel

jlevel

You have an email with the case number, but don't lose your time tracking it because they don't update nothing, that's another reason that makes their "bug tracker" an useless tool.

In practice, your case will be ignored for the rest of years.

Welcome to the club, by the way.

9. l0cke

l0cke

Same experience here.

10. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Ah, I have to say, Unity was able to reproduce this one and I even got email telling me that it will be fixed somewhere in the future. In my opinion - our community have put enough pressure on Unity team, so they are going to improve things a lot in the nearest future (I hope). meanwhile, I need to wait for the next release. OMG, and here I thought I would not push my deadline away anymore :)