Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Dynamic mesh loading

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by dan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. dan

dan

This will probably sound like a dumb question, so if I'm just talking crazy let me know....

Okay, I was playing around with the WWWGoogleImages.unity project, and I was wondering if it would be possible to load in a 3D mesh in a similar way by locating an .fbx file on the web and assigning the newly located mesh to a blank template mesh?

If it is (or might be) possible are there any particular documents I should look at besides the WWW classes?

2. dacloo

dacloo

Hi Dan,

As far as I know it is only possible to do this with images, to stream objects and place them in the engine at runtime, I think this is not possible (yet).

3. dan

dan

Yeah, I figured it might be a bit of a stretch, so that's why I asked before devoting a lot of time to the idea. It was just for one of those random pie-in-the-sky ideas anyway.

Thanks, dacloo.

4. Sync1B

Sync1B

I think that would be a really good idea for things like updating games. I might do a feature request.

Bill