Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Edge Collider2D?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by CDAXRC, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

1. CDAXRC

CDAXRC

So I have this and my problem is that colliders starts jittering/overshooting through other colliders.
    It's impossible to use edge collider in that way? Multiple colliders like circles works little bit better but still glitching when I bend the beam downwards. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Honeycam 2018-11-09 10-36-36.gif Honeycam 2018-11-09 10-49-20.gif

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

It's not "glitching", it's because you're causing the colliders to overlap in a way the solver has no "correct" solution for. The overlap is also instant so you're teleporting the colliders instantly to another position and from what I can see, it's on the other side of the collider you want it to contact so the solution is to push it away downwards.