Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Camera Project

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Eveld, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Eveld

Eveld

Hi all,

I recently released my first package on the asset store named: Dynamic Camera Project.

The purpose of this package is to have frame independent and stable camera target tracking and easy to create camera effects in 2D and 2.5D.

The main highlights
    :
    • The tracker makes use of the analytical solution of a spring damper system for critical damped and under damped cases. The tracking is frame independent and stable, because of the analytical solution.
    • The tracker can track position, velocity and acceleration* of a target. This means that the tracker will smoothly match the position of the target even while moving.
    • The tracker comes with a wide range of settings to play with.
    • Camera effects such as blocking the camera in certain areas, room transitions, rail effects, zooming, offsetting and focusing on points of interests are made by using Camera Effectors.
    • Camera Effectors are created very easily with the in scene editor tool.
    • Camera Effectors can be easily adapted to work with your own camera tracker.
    • A frame independent screen shaker.
    • The package comes with demo files, an in depth user guide, full documention and the source files.
    *Although it can track acceleration perfectly, acceleration can be better seen as direct force input.

The tool works with Unity 2018.4 and greater (for some reason the asset store doesn't say this) The tracker works with all versions of Unity, however the editor tool only works with C# 6.0. Which technically can be edited to work with even earlier versions.

Upcoming Feature
    I'm currently working on an analytical solution of a PID controller, which can be used for tracking as well. This makes tracking acceleration even better at the cost of tuning the control parameters at the user side.

Interested?
    I'd like to give away a few vouchers for people with genuine interest in it.