Search Unity

Dynamic Bone - Realistic swaying ponytail and bouncing boobs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HorngYuiWei, May 11, 2014.

1. Recon03

Recon03

Is this still being worked on? I have not seen an update for a bit. Just want to be sure Thanks!

2. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Yes,
    I'm still work on Dynamic Bone, feel free to ask any question or suggestion.
    The next release will fix problems relative to negative scale transform.

kurotatsu and hopeful like this.
  3. ikazrima

ikazrima

Is is possible for you to add an option to check collision with Unity's own colliders?

4. Recon03

Recon03

Thanks for the reply/! Great to hear your still working on it.. I love this asset !

5. vamky

vamky

Hi
    I am using dynamic bone in our little JRPG project, in combat the player character and enemy character are facing each other on each side of the screen. Since player and enemy share the same character model pool, we set all enemy characters' scale to -1, but then the dynamic bone does not behavior properly anymore. Is there any fix or work around on this?

6. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    version 1.1.8 fixed negative scale problems.
    If it's not, please mail to willhongcom@gmail.com for support.

7. carsenk

carsenk

How would you apply this to a bone of a UMA character? Would you add the DynamicBone.cs script to your?

My UMA character (player) is generated dynamically based off other scripts, how would I put in the bone and where would I put it in conjunction with UMA?

Thanks!

8. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Dynamic Bones only cares about bones (transforms) and don't care about mesh.
    If your character's bones are generated by script, you also need to add Dynamic Bone by script.

carsenk likes this.
  9. carsenk

carsenk

Sounds good, I'll more than likely be purchasing this soon! Awesome work man!

10. cm

cm

I love this tool, but wish there was more documentation & examples. I need to know how bones should be setup for various objects to be used with dynamic bones. Examples of common applications would be appreciated. There is a lot of potential here, but it's difficult to master without more information. Thx & Best Wishes

Alverik likes this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just purchased recently, only looked at the example scenes, and had a quick look over the documentation.

Quick question to save me some time experimenting, can I use Dynamic bone, or can it be set up for something like a flag in the ground, for example, let's say I have a character skiing down a slope, and I want to 'hit' flag poles on the way down so they bounce about a bit, but they shouldn't move from their origin, can I set this up ? So, the base is locked and cannot be moved, and I could, say, put 4 bones in to give dynamic bone enough bones to work with to create some sort of physical reaction when hit, could I set something like this up, is db capable of this kind of setup ?

12. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

You can add dynamic bone to each flag, set flag base as "root".
    Add a collider to player and append the collider to each flag.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks, @HorngYuiWei

That's good to know, I'm also using Dynamic Bone on my characters, as I'm currently rigging them at the moment, I thought I'd ask another quick question. In an earlier post within this thread, you mentioned you needed a minimum of 2 bones to work. Is this 2 bones ? or 2 joints ? Please see diagram : -

My character is a very simple design, a low poly octopus, the legs will animate, but the head will 'bob' about when moving around the scene, the easiest solution would be 2 bones ( left ), but I'm unsure if this is what you mean when you say a minimum of 2 bones, or do you mean 2 joints ( right ) ? Best to ask now, before I finish rigging him up ! :)

14. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Dynamic Bone need at least 2 "transform"s to work.
    Left is OK.

Deleted User likes this.
  15. mohoyoyo

mohoyoyo

Hi there, I've just updated the asset and still having problems with negative scale in one bone. It was a really pain in the ass to skin such a high poly mesh. There is any solution about it?

Attached Files:

16. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Please send a test file to willhongcom@gmail.com. I'll look into detail.

17. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera

Hi!

1) Is there a way to simulate external forces acting on the dynamic bones?

For instance, consider a character with arms that bounce around as he walks. This is all working fine. But then the character walks towards a vent with strong wind blowing up. I would like the arms to float up with the wind while the character is near the vent and then return to normal behavior after the character walks away.

2) Is there a way to add some randomness to the simulation?

For instance, jumping up and down in place will always yield the exact same movement of the bones. I would like it to have some variety in the movement so it doesn't look so deterministic.

18. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Dynamic Bone does not have build-in external force support, but you can write scripts to modify public variable "m_Force" dynamically.

Stevepunk likes this.
  19. ksam2

ksam2

It looks really cool but there is a problem, when my character rotate to left or right, it starts shaking too hard and fast

20. sacb0y

sacb0y

Would this work with 2D bones like with puppet2D?

Could I apply it to an ffd?

21. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    you can mail to willhongcom@gmail.com to request for an evaluation version and see is it work in your situation.

22. ksam2

ksam2

This asset can be really valuable but need a little more improvement.

23. ikazrima

ikazrima

True that. I use them for my character, and the bones jiggle like crazy whenever the char is moving at fast speed (running, walking is fine). It's more like high speed vibration.

ksam2 likes this.
  24. Jaimi

Jaimi

The same when I have characters on horses. It needs some maximum movement restriction.

25. ksam2

ksam2

Same as me.

26. ikazrima

ikazrima

I think @HorngYuiWei could take a look at this issue with high speed movement.

27. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    please increase "Inert" and see is it improve the problem.
    If it is not, please send me an example file or tell me more about the situation.

28. hendefer

hendefer

Hi
    @HorngYuiWei
    I see your web-demo of the animation of the breasts and I think it's great, but I want to know if the arm or another breast can interact together. In other words a breast when is moving and hit the other breast... can move it?
    thanks

artician likes this.
  29. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

You can add colliders to bones, dynamic bones will collide with them.
    If your are not sure is it work in your situation. You can request for evaluation version.

30. hendefer

hendefer

31. ksam2

ksam2

There will be any new update? I really like this asset but can't use it because of that bug on fast rotation.

32. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    please give me more information about problems you meet.

33. zsolt67

zsolt67

Is it compatible with pupett2d?

34. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Dynamic Bone operate on transform hierarchy.
    I'm not sure does Puppet2D use unity's transform or has it's own bone hierarchy.
    You can request for evaluation version to try it.

35. Crossway

Crossway

It's really useful, one of best asset I ever seen, please keep this update it's awesome.

36. andonsky

andonsky

Is this still supported as of Unity 5.5?

37. Seith

Seith

I would say 'yes'. I'm using it in 5.5 so far without any problem.

HorngYuiWei likes this.
  38. KillFrenzy

KillFrenzy

Hello, I'm having an issue with your Gravity. When I apply gravity to a character's hair, it always moves down relative to the head orientation, instead of moving down relative to the world. So when my character turns its head sideways, the hair will get pulled sideways as well. I would like the hair to be pulled down to the ground no matter how the head is orientated.

Upon closer inspection however, the issue may be that the dynamic bones may not be considering the rotation of the root bone. As I turn the character's head sideways, the hair does not animate.

39. andonsky

andonsky

Thanks Seith, it's the second time I'm reading an endorsement from you and now purchasing this. You should get a commission. Seriously, though, great work on Ghost Of a Tale, I'm planning to get it from Steam once I lay low on my unity project and hope you could guide us noobs not just on the making of the Game but specifics as well on getting it published on Steam and your experiences in getting the game funded.

Thanks for your guidance, truly appreciated.

Seith likes this.
  40. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi, your can try use "Force" instead of Gravity.

41. KillFrenzy

KillFrenzy

Thank you for your quick response. Force seems to have the same effect as Gravity when I tried it out. I am using Final IK for the animations, and using Dynamic Bones to animate hair and cloth accordingly. I'm wondering perhaps if the combination of the two is causing any issues.

42. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Dynamic Bone should work well with Final IK.
    Use Unity's "Edit->Project Settings->Script Execution Order" functionality.
    Add both Dynamic Bone and Final IK scripts to the Mono Manager dialog.
    Let Dynamic Bone execute after Final IK.

43. BitCake-Studio

BitCake-Studio

Hey HorngYuiWei,

I can't seem to get the DynamicBones collider to work. The right Ribbon lace has colliders that are not colliding with the sphere collider from the main object.

44. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    please check is sphere collider is add to ribbon's "Colliders" list. or try to increase "Radius".
    If it still not work, please send a test file to willhongcom@gmail.com.

45. vertgreenheart

vertgreenheart

Hi,

I've been tried the dynamic bone with skirt, but while sitting, it just wont work
    Like this below

And I already set the collider on the legs and attached it to the colliders

And here's the setup

Any help ?

Thanks.

46. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    Dynamic Bone's collision system is primitive and may not work well in this situation.
    You can animate skirt manually in this animation.

Will Hong

47. silentneedle

silentneedle

I'm currently trying to add dynamic bone to one of my weapon slots (which is simply an empty child attached to the spine of the character):

Spine1
    --> Mount Point (the empty GO which is added dynamically at runtime)
    -------> The actual weapon

I attached the dynamic bone script to the mount point and set the root to the same GO. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.

But now comes the strange part. If I setup the same hierarchy with cubes (the unity primitives) it works without any problems:

Spine1
    --> Cube (root)
    -------> Cube

Any idea why it works with the cubes and not with the my setup?

48. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi,
    please send a test file to willhongcom@gmail.com
    I'll look into what's wrong with it.

Will Hong

49. SureSight

SureSight

I can see this asset has a lot of potential. I have purchased it and now i am trying to retrofit some breast bones to the model I bought from the unity Asset Store.
    However, I am no 3D artist or animator

Would it be possible to add a quick tutorial on how to add breast bones to an existing model? With special mention as to where the bones should start and end for maximum results. e.g. Should the bones be anchored to the spine of the character?
    I'm sure it's the number 1 asked question.

50. HorngYuiWei

HorngYuiWei

Hi, you need to add bones in 3D software like 3dsMax or Maya.
    Breast bones usually start from chest and have one to three bones depend on your need.

Will Hong