Search Unity

Dynamic Asset Management System (Please, Give feedback or request features)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by namoricoo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. namoricoo

namoricoo

UniDDatabase 2.0
    Dynamic Asset Management System

UniDDatabase 2.0 is the only dynamic Asset Management system that will work for all platforms and require zero configuration. uniDDatabase is for both Unity Indie and Unity Pro users. Just submitted to asset store.

• 100% compatibility wity Unity

• Access any amount of data in a row with one line of code.
    • Combine any number of “ddatabases” to build unique and powerful games
    • Low draw calls.
    • Changes made in preview mode will get save permanently.
    • Will search 1000 rows of data in 0.193 milliseconds.
    • Will export with standard Unity Export(So there is Zero configuration required)
    • Get the object or an Object reference.
    • Very easy to use, low learning curve.
    • Full inspector support
    • Free Sample demonstrations and templates

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. MrDude

MrDude

Sorry for sounding daft, but is this a replacement for Resources.Load or for content streaming?
    The way I read this it says: "Easily manage your assets and combine your searches from various sources. What do you think?"
    ...it left me with lots of questions...
    Again, sorry if it's just me being daft...

... I see there is a large white space below your post. If that is a video then never mind... I'll check here again when I get to a computer that is NOT behind a network that blocks YouTube and Facebook and so on and so forth. Little hint... Unity uses Vimeo... Vimeo is NOT blocked by our network... I can watch the Unity videos...hint hint wink wink ;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. namoricoo

namoricoo

$Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 7.25.15 AM.png $Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 7.35.13 AM.png
    Mr Dude, after you see the video it will all make sense. The white space is a Youtube Video. Let me give you an example. Let's say you have 64 prefabs, each with a Unique position, and a unique Rotation. You would expect to write a lot of code to make that happen.
    With my system you'll be able to write a little as one line of code to get any number of prefabs without having to change your code.

"
    arrayOfGuiPrefab=UniDDatabaseCs.GetArrayOfGuiPrefabRowByKey(ddatabase,rowTitleOne,searchOperation,lowerIntPriKey,upperIntPriKey);
    arrayOfGuiPostion=UniDDatabaseCs.GetArrayOfGuiPositionRowByKey(ddatabase,rowTitleTwo,searchOperation,lowerIntPriKey,upperIntPriKey);
    arrayOfGuiRotation=UniDDatabaseCs.GetArrayOfGuiRotationRowByKey(ddatabase,rowTitleThree,searchOperation,lowerIntPriKey,upperIntPriKey);"

Those three lines would get you any number of prefabs from a uniddatabase. from there your be able to instantiate them with a simple for look. However, if you want all of the operations, you see in my vide. it will take, 3*4=12 line of code.With those 12 line it does not matter if you have 12,100,1000 prefabs, each with a unique position, rotation, and scale in your scene. You'll be able to focus on you building a game instead of wasting time managing assets.

4. MrDude

MrDude

Brilliant thanks. I'll check the video first chance I get.

5. namoricoo

namoricoo

The Vimeo file is being processed. It will finish in less than an hour. As soon as I get the e-mail notification. I'll come post it here.

6. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is the vimeo version. Let me know if you need anything else. Just waiting for the asset store approval.

7. MrDude

MrDude

I am quite interested in this... but I have a question... or two... or three :)

- Did I hear correctly that you are using SQLite for this? I am not too clued up on Databases but I know my server has MySQL setup. How will this affect things?
    - Do you actually store the data in the database and transfer the raw data to the Unity client at run time or do you only store an asset's file name and instruct Unity to stream in the content it wants based on the filenames you provide it?
    - Does this require that you include dlls etc into the project, or add stuff into the Unity.app application etc...

Basically what it all comes down to is this:
    I can see what you are trying to do and this might just help me in what I am trying to achieve, but I am curious as to the steps involved in getting my project to work like yours. Do I need to import DLL files, place PHP files somewhere, install SQLite, etc etc etc. What pre-processing is required before all of this can work like in the video... That is what I am after! Do I upload all my attest as asset bundles into a specific location and then fill the database with the filename or do you use that blob type and actually drag the asset directly into the database?

Thanks for the support :) Really appreciate it :)

8. namoricoo

namoricoo

No I'm not using Sqlite. That's my other tool UniSqlite for people who want to use sqlite. People who purchase that will have to implement their tools for the inspector. UniDDatabase Uses the no relational model, that's what makes it fast. That why it will export to all platforms. I had to invent an open format. You see when I hit the open button, all of the "ddatabase" files have a ".txt" extension. Sqlite has a ".db" extension, you have to set it up. Sqlite only works for Unity Pro. UniDDatabase works for all Users. Javascript and C Sharp are all text asset. Unity has a text Asset feature. The text is there only save the data when it's not running. UniDDatabase is inspired by "CSS,XML,Dictionary,SQlite,HTML" all combined with some of my proprietary code. You can see a screen shot of what UniDDatabse code looks like. It does show up in the inspector, sqlite does not. It does open in Mono. You can write it if you understand the syntax that I invented. I encourage people to use the editor because it can get complicated.

Attached Files:

9. MrDude

MrDude

Okay, now I am completely with you. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

I noticed the .TXT files and (as stated before, I am not too clued up with databases) I was afraid if I ask you: "Hey, are those .TXT files for DATABASES?" that you might reply with "Well, duh! SQLLite uses .TXT files. Duh!" ... so I shut up instead ;)

I get what you are doing now! Unfortunately, this is now NOT what I was hoping it was :( But good luck with it, though!
    Wish you all the best with this!

P.s. Love the idea of using faces as field separators...
    When I ported the UDE to Unity I split all fields into [keys] followed by tabs because I didn't want to admit what you just so blatantly did: "it can get complicated". My original file format was 10000 times more compact. This is what my records looked like initially:
    0;0;1;;;;;;;;This is line two;+ gold 200,+ achieve 1;+ x 2 3 4,- y 2 3 4

Every space, every comma and every ; had a purpose and had to be exact... I was focussed on the technical and didn't take the time to add that touch of personality to it.

Kudos to you on that little bit extra :p

10. namoricoo

namoricoo

I want everybody to ask questions and understand what's going on. What I've explained what a simplified version of what going on. If you let me know what you think this was I'll be able to tell you if your correct or not. The Editor will be included, Samples for all of the operation. I'm working on the next videos. What my tool is:"It's an easy way to separate the data from the presentation." It's lightning fast. Can go to all platforms. The Text document is only there for preserving the data when the program is not running. My algorithm does all of the work. People with an HTML background and who work with with iPhone apps and core data understand. The data has to be separe from the presentation. All of the text you see is a visual representation of the chessboard in the earlier example. The text in and of itself does nothing. The algorithm does everything. People will be able to compile the script and all of the operation you see will run. I could have locked the database and add walls to Sqlite,Linq, or MySql. However, with my understanding of game loop. I understand that a game gets executed 30 to 60 times per second. So, the reason the traditional databases work. They require more than 33 milliseconds. My algorithm will manage all of the content in under 33 milliseconds as long as the database is not too big.

11. namoricoo

namoricoo

$Screen shot 2011-04-26 at 9.52.24 AM.png
    It can get complicated to the human brain. Remember I provide and editor to shield people from all that information. When people are update, it's just as simple as insterting, Update(rowNumber,ColumnNumber,DataToUpdate). One line of code. You can see from the attachment that 1000 lines of code will get executed in around 0.176 seconds. In the first video I use 10 fields. Those 10 field get update in under 0.004 millisecond. That the Dictionary Inspiration. What your seing in the Text file is part XML,CSS, inspiration. There is a lot of thing going on to keep the code executing in under 33 milliseconds. No other extension will give you so much for so little $. I do own the copyright so people who try to steal my code will get a call from an attorney.

12. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is Video two. Please let me know if you have any questions, what type of videos you would like to see.

13. namoricoo

namoricoo

We see from the attachment that Sql take 12.4 milliseconds to execute 1000 lines of strings. On the other hand Dictinaries only take 0.176 milliseconds. So don't be fooled by the simplicity. My Algorithm is built for speed, ease of use, and accuracy. Let me know what type of videos you want to see. Or if you have any feature request.

14. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just submitted to Asset store.