Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Dynamic amount of animatable properties in inline curve editor

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by fleity, Aug 29, 2023.

1. fleity

fleity

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone can shed some light on how much control we can have over the animatable properties of a timeline clip / track.

Because I dislike how the animation track uses material property blocks to animate material and basically gives me one keyframe curve per property per renderer (instead of one curve per property per material) I am trying to implement a different approach which first instantiates a new material assigns it to a list of renderers in the correct slot and then changes the animates the values of this material.

However it is troublesome to get animatable values inside of timeline for me. I understand the behaviour template mechanism well enough to see that it creates animatable properties from the serialized properties if the clip implements ITimelineClipAsset and calls ScriptPlayable.Create with the template behaviour.

But it would be really really nice if it was somehow possible to get a variable amount of properties here.
    To a certain degree I would like to get the animators record and infinite clip features but I already figured out that those are quite complex.

upload_2023-8-29_15-54-11.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023