Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DXT5 Not Supported Error for RGB Image

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by John-B, Nov 8, 2019.

1. John-B

John-B

I'm trying to do an iOS build, and I'm getting errors on a few of my textures. It tells me DXT5 textures are not supported for images that are not compressed using DXT5. You can see in the screen capture that one of the images that was flagged is RGBA 32 bit.

The first time I did a build, I got this error for several images. This is an old project that I'm updating, and some of the texture settings got lost. I set the compression for all the textures, and that fixed most of the errors, but there are still 5 of them giving me this error (some say DXT5 and some DXT1). All of those images are set to RGB. Any suggestions?

Unity Error.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. John-B

John-B

Now I'm getting this error for Unity's textures even though they are PVRTC 4 bits. And there's no way to change or delete the items in the Packages folder. What's going on?

DXT5 compressed textures are not supported when publishing to iPhone
    Packages/com.unity.package-manager-ui/Editor/Resources/Images/Spinner/Light/loading.png
    Included from scene:
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

3. John-B

John-B

This is an older project I'm updating, so I went ahead and finished cleaning it up, and it built with no errors. I made a few changes, did another build, and a whole bunch of new DXT5 errors for images in the Packages folder. Each of those images was marked (not yet compressed), so I reimported them, and it worked. That's probably why my images stopped showing the error, they were also reimported. This seems odd, aren't uncompressed images supposed to be compressed when you do a build?