Search Unity

DXT Texture Error

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Aubrey-Falconer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

I just finished switching all my textures over to PVRTC compression, but there is a "ghost texture" somewhere that Unity won't let me switch.

The exact error I am experiencing is "DXT compressed textures are not supported when publishing to the iPhone. Please switch to PVRTC compression in the import settings. Included from scene: Temp/__BuildPlayer Backupscene", but unlike the other similar errors I have experienced, clicking on the error item in the Unity console dows not "link" to any specific graphics file in my project file tree view. Double clicking the error opens a "textfield hover" graphic in the inspector, but I can't see that the graphic is actually a file anywhere in my project so I can't click it and adjust the import settings for it.

Screenshot included, as I know this is a bit hard to picture from my description.

-Aubrey

Attached Files:

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

you can not use DXT on iPhone
    you must use PVRTC

and yeah, sadly it does not jump to the texture, very annoying with large sets of textures.

3. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

I know.

I have already updated all the textures that I can find - but there is ghost texture that doesn't seem to be in my project folder, but that is still giving me errors. Details in above post.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

that ghost comes from your gui skin folder actually ...
    gui skin in general need to be reworked as they are all non power of 2 square.

5. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

It's not though... I just did a finder search for all image files in my project folder, and the image the error is linked to in the Unity inspector is not in my project folder.

Looks like I need to submit a bug report to Unity.

6. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

7. akeplinger

akeplinger

I'm bouncing between two forum posts that both claim that the other one has the fix. But I don't see a setting for the texture import for Fonts that allows me to select texture format at all.
    Where is this? I'll keep searching the site.

8. bernardfrancois

bernardfrancois

I just had a similar error, and reimporting the texture files did the trick.

9. mustafaaslam2107

mustafaaslam2107

DXT1 compressed textures are not supported when publishing to iPhone
    Assets/Arteria3dMedFarm/Rope.dds
    Included from scene:
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

10. unity_ATfUWqOBbFwQTA

unity_ATfUWqOBbFwQTA

while launching a game i got a message that "failed to create DXT textures .this game requires DTX support .if you have manually disabled it , please re-enable and try again." can you help me with this??
    saaa.PNG

11. ArshakKroyan

ArshakKroyan

If anyone still has this problem check out this comment.
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/60710704/6275894

It really helped me, I found that in my project some material uses Unity's built in Default-Checker-Gray texture.
    So replacing it the problem was fixed.

12. kerem-yokuva

kerem-yokuva

Find the material usind Default-Checker-Gray and change its albedo to Default-Checker or smth.
    This solved my problem.

And unity. You should be fixing these problems. Thats why we are paying you every month.

13. snowinrain

snowinrain

Can you share how to find material using Default-Checker-Gray ? I can't find where it is.

BTW, I found another solution is convert DXT to PNG

14. rgn-games

rgn-games

If any one is still facing this issue then try these solutions.

1- First change all textures from DXT1 to any other compression that is supported for Iphone. Am using RGBA Compressed ASTC.

2- Check all your materials, there will be any material which is using unity built in texture named "Default-Checker-Gray". Just delete this texture from that material and it will resolve your issue. image is also attached below for quick reference.

upload_2022-3-9_22-19-52.png

Option 2 resolved my issue and now am able to build xcode project.