Search Unity

Assets Dwarven Expedition Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by florianalexandru05, Nov 6, 2017.

1. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

2. Mister-D

Mister-D

nice work!
    way to cheap in my opinion. this is a common asset store pricing problem. low price doesnt necessarily mean more sales.
    buyers should realise the amount of work artist invest in their packs(and software;hardware)

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  3. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

Ooo! These are gorgoeus :D gosh... nice to be able just to show of things in easier ways now.

Though for whatever reason, I'm personally still crazy impressed how fast some people can make anything look good (from a certain angles) in Marmoset

Thanks for the update and sharing progress :D

4. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

WAHOO!

Bought! So pumped! Now to get that big download going hehe... :D

5. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks man! I'm comparing myself to the store and to myself, tbh I didn't feel confident enough about going more expensive. After this pack I'm more confident I'm getting the right quality to get my prices higher.
    Please ask if you need anything! ;) Thanks!
    Thanks for the positive comments! ;) Tbh I'm not all that impressed of art renders nowadays, I never like mine and am always looking at it with a critical eye. But yes, marmoset does get some gorgeous looks.

jeromeWork likes this.
  6. MostHated

MostHated

This looks great, nice job. What might it take to add snow and such to the outside parts of this? I am downloading it as we speak, so have not had a chance to take a look at it just yet, but I would love to be able to snow it up.

7. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I'm definitely planning on adding something for the outside like some plants, trees and more textures for the terrain. Atm the focus was more the inside but on the next update I'll add some more stuff with seasons like fall and snow, it was in my plans. I have some snow and a snow shader in my Rocky hills nature park which could be used but I'll try something new next time I get to it.

Thanks for the download! much appreciated! :cool:

MostHated likes this.
  8. MostHated

MostHated

I threw this together with a shader I have from another asset I am using in my project. It definitely could use some tweaking, but I like where it is headed. ;)

9. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That looks pretty good, way better than my test snow shader. I wish I would know how to make shaders! This shader is awesome, some ambient light to show off the snow better wouldn't hurt either in this shot. Can't wait to see the end result with some lighting and post processing! :D Yah, I would give the textures a bit more variety + the shader on top would look great. I'm gonna see what I can add for the outside when I get to it, the ground would need some details and a lil bit of vegetation and dry plants.

Thanks for sharing this is looking great so far! :eek:

MostHated likes this.
  10. MostHated

MostHated

11. Mister-D

Mister-D

12. MostHated

MostHated

I think the one I am using was made in Amplify Shader, but yes, of course, you can just as easily do it in Shader Graph if you have the hang of it.

13. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks, guys! I'll try to make something in Shadergraph when I get to it. Btw don't shader graph shaders work only in URP and HDRP? I lost track.

14. Mister-D

Mister-D

yes urp and hdrp only for now(as far as i know). but its easy to learn, and buyers can adjust the shader to their liking(switch from pbr master node to hdrp master node) and its free and implemented in unity so it will work in any new version, just recompile and done:cool:

15. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Cool I'll try that when I start making support for HD and LW! :cool:

I just wanted to announce that I submitted my free sample pack today with the stylized version of the textures! Waiting to get approved.

16. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

17. mzr

mzr

Hey, is the dwarven pack compatible with mobile phones? Also is it easily usable in a top-down/isometric view, there's only one screenshot showing the map, but it's very small and the details are pretty much impossible to see. Looks great overall though, good job!

18. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Have you tried the free sample first?
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...warven-expedition-pack-stylized-assets-155149
    Maybe it gives you an idea of the kind of assets you would expect. Atm all I can say is that I didn't intend it for mobile but I made everything as low poly as humanly possible. (Note this pack doesn't really have much lods). I have been told that my nature assets are well optimized and work well for mobile since I do have lods and good optimization. Frankly, I don't see why it cannot be if you remove the height maps and heavier stuff in the sanders. And tbh all I'm using is standard shaders. The design is mostly done for FPS perspective in mind so for example with some assets, you can't remove the top like the arching tunnels, perhaps should have had that in mind, then again you don't see it from the top. Aside from that everything is made out of modular parts, you can remove. What you see in the first image are all the assets, the second one is merged prefabs from the first group of prefabs.

I think with the use of lighter shaders and other optimizations it should be fine.

salex1 and mzr like this.
  19. mzr

mzr

Ah, yeah, I might try the sample first when I get around to adding a location with that style. I guess I can just put a bunch of the free assets on the scene and see if it works ;]
    Thanks!

20. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

You're welcome! The free asset models are decimated btw but the real meshes in the pro one aren't far off, they just have one or more loops around the edges.

Hope everything works out well for you! ;)

mzr likes this.
  21. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Attached Files:

Zimnel, salex1 and konsic like this.
  22. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

camta005, Zimnel, Mister-D and 4 others like this.
  23. waverz

waverz

No doubt the asset is well made and worth but I hope if you could provide a unity demo PC version or at least a video for the asset, this will help a lot.
    Thank you great job!

24. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I was just planning to make a video but my family returned from vacation so I had to take a break. Will do that as soon as possible. Thanks lots! ;)

salex1 likes this.
  25. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

For now, just updated my pack with new key images and high-resolution screenshots and submit them. It should be on the store within a day so people can get a better idea. Thanks for all the sales to everyone, so far my pack is doing great and has been promoted on the front page!!

KeithBrown likes this.
  26. songpwc

songpwc

have you try this in vr. will this perform well in pc vr ?

27. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I haven't but I heard from 2 people that they didn't have problems in VR. It should do the geometry is pretty low poly and I'm not using any crazy shaders. The only issue I've heard about was someone getting pink objects upon building it on VR-chat but they claim it was a bug having to do with my naming conventions. How about trying out the free samples perhaps that would help, also there are polycounts for each model in the pack description.

https://assetstore.unity.com/detail...warven-expedition-pack-stylized-assets-155149

It performs pretty well on PC for sure and I think even older devices. Someone was using it on tablet.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  28. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Nothing new going on with this pack as I'm working on the other complementary dungeon but I played around with some night lighting. The scene will be included in the next update.

screen_3840x1818_2019-11-26_22-21-35.jpg screen_3840x1818_2019-11-26_22-25-37.jpg

Attached Files:

Zimnel and konsic like this.
  29. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I made a quick video walkthrough to showcase the pack. I'll be it pretty rushed and blurry but I'll make a proper one later.

Zimnel likes this.
  30. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks nice!
    ive attached a better torch particlesheet for u

Attached Files:

31. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That looks really awesome man, thanks! Will use it next time when I make a proper video. I gotta keep learning from my mistakes and improve more. :):)

32. Mister-D

Mister-D

its not a mistake, i made a dozen of flame simulations before i was satisfied with the final sheet. its a lot of trial and error for everyone;)

33. Zimnel

Zimnel

34. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

35. koirat

koirat

I could not find this info anywhere but does your assets have colliders made for them ?

36. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Most of the meshes use their own mesh as mesh colliders since they are really low poly. You could easily use the lowest lod levels as colliders since most meshes have 3-4 lods if you think it's to expensive. The lowest lods are mostly under 300- 200 poly since they're the ones you see at very far away.

37. koirat

koirat

I would also like to know what is the scale of objects.
    What I mean is for example size of door portal and corridors after all it is a dwarf fortress is it suitable for human sized characters.

38. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

despite it being made for dwarfs the doors and structures are bigger than normal human size. You have a human scale model in the pack for size comparisons, ofc it works fine for a regular human size. There are size comparisons on page 3 of this thread. This is the largest door size.

39. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Here are examples of the doors:
    I followed the trend of huge dwarven structures here.

40. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I attempted to make an experiment and see how a high poly mesh does compare to a shader with height. If anyone that purchased my pack interested you can download the mesh. It has a simple lod as a plane and tbh there will be gaps between the transition of the lods.

Attached Files:

41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I would like a vast demo scene :)

42. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That might be doable but I usually avoid making large scenes now, especially nature but dungeons are a different story so we'll see ;)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  43. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

For all of your dungeon pack

44. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That's a very ambitious tasks but we'll see how it goes :)
    ----

I'm announcing that updates will be on hold or really slow and scarce for an undetermined amount of time! I'm managing my assets and backing up all my work to get myself ready to immigrate to the UK before the end of the year. I just need to get some stuff done but I'll get back to work as soon as my backups are all dealt with.

45. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Because some people happened to miss the fact that the dungeon doors can be opened I'm just reaffirming here.
    Also, I realized I made my main big door fused with no version that opens up so here's the version that can be opened. ;)

Attached Files:

Zimnel likes this.
  46. Feartheway

Feartheway

Great stuff can you please do a third party integration with dungen? much like multistory dungeons do?

47. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thank you! Yes, I really want to do that. I was working on another dungeon, THIS that I planned on integrating it in first after I do that I'll integrate it here as well. That's going to take some time tow, atm I'm trying to finish the final update to my nature asset on which I'm close to finishing. I'm currently researching HDRP and URP. Can't really give out any time frame yet but what I can say for sure is that I'm working hard on all projects and I intend to give them all the proper attention. "Note the Catacombs are very old so I recommend anyone holding off on purchasing it till V2 is uploaded on the store but if you feel you want to support me and you really like it feel free to buy it!

Regarding the future of this pack, there will be more assets in the next update as well as HDRP/URP support, DUNGEON, more outside assets, particles, cave systems and much more.
    Regarding DUNGEON, I might look into it sooner, maybe sometime soon. ;)

Zimnel, S4G4N and Feartheway like this.
  48. Feartheway

Feartheway

very cool!

I look forward to seeing the catacombs!

I am working on a udemy course on dungeon creation using dungen + multistory dungeons + person controller.

The main thing i quickly realised with dungen is that it voraciously needs high quality new tilesets to keep it fresh. Such as dwarven expedition. I am also going to recommend dwarven expedition as its so good. I am probably going to do a step by step on how to integrate dwarven expedition into dungen. unless you beat me to it :D

If you want a free ticket for it let me know. My course is not about modelling. It is about taking models and putting it through dungen and then trying to add gameplay. It is capable of taking a modular dungeon tile set then creating massive procedurally generated dungeons. Then various optimising tricks like baking occlusion, sectr vis etc to try and optimise the scene. :)

ps. I am not a great fan of the new render pipelines until they get a bit more stable. I feel like the standard render is capable of amazing results that can then be ported into the new render pipelines.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Zimnel and florianalexandru05 like this.
  49. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks for recommending my pack!
    That sounds like a cool idea! I'll think about it for sure, will let you know. I'll have to buy Dungeon, first of all, you might beat me to it haha!

Tow I didn't use the new pipelines much I do see they are the future of Unity, eventually, that was the intent. I know how you feel tow, I'm still using standard but I could move on to the new pipelines in the future, they are getting more stable as time passes. I didn't really like them much up until now.

Feartheway likes this.
  50. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

*NEWS!

A small piece of news but I plan on making a quick update to this pack to fix the small issues and make it more compatible with the newest Unity versions soon. Maybe I'll do URP and HDRP support...

In other news I bought DUNGEN and I might look into it starting next month!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    camta005 and Feartheway like this.