Search Unity

Bug Duplicating animations out of a model are broken with large amounts of animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by joshuafhiggins, Apr 15, 2021.

1. joshuafhiggins

joshuafhiggins

Although duplicating animations to extract them out of a model is an odd and probably an unintended side effect, duplicating large amounts of animations causes it to break with the resulting animations all being the same. The model's animations work and run in the editor, but Unity lags very hard when the model is selected not even mentioning the import time and using 10 gigs of memory. I know I have done it before but if I duplicate the animations so they are out of the model, Unity will only load the animations I'm currently working on. I'm trying to import Scout's animations from TF2 into Unity. It works fine in Blender but the main issue is that I have no way of separating the animations from the model in Unity because of this bug of a bug. Is there a better way to import lots of animations? The way how I'm importing the animations is using Source Blender Tools. I import the model, then the QC file for the animations and after 20 minutes save it as an FBX. I'm using Unity Version 2019.4.22f1. I also haven't found any bug reports yet with anything pertaining importing of lots of animations.