Search Unity

Duplicated texture memory listed in detailed memory profiler

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by rtorresbonetff, Jul 4, 2019.

1. rtorresbonetff

rtorresbonetff

Hello,

In the detailed memory profile I noticed some of the textures I loaded through materialRef.LoadAssetAsync<Material>() are duplicated while taking a memory snapshot, as seen in the screenshot.

My current setup is a (AsyncOperationHandle<Material>) reference to the addressable material, which in turn has a normal reference to a few textures that are NOT addressable. I then load the addressable material through yield LoadAssetAsync. Again, the textures that are referenced in that materials are not set to be addressable, but the material is (I believe this is correct?). Their CPU read capability flag on the import settings is surely checked off.

Now I do really wonder if this is a bug on the unity profiler or if we really have these textures duplicated in memory. Any way to track this down?

I am using Unity 2019.1.8f1 and Addressables preview 1.1.4.

Any help is truly appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

glitchers likes this.
  2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Are you only calling load once, on one material? Or more than once on one? or on multiple materials? Please elaborate on your setup a little.

Alternatively you could just file a bug against unity with a repro project. That may be the most simple way to get things worked on.