Search Unity

Bug Duplicated Child Error when Checking In

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by denali95, Mar 11, 2023.

1. denali95

denali95

I'm running into an error while trying to check in changes into PlasticSCM in Unity. I've been able to check in stuff before, but for some reason, whenever I try to check in, it cancels the operation and shows me an error dialog with the following text:

Can't add an entry with the same name. Duplicated child [BODYMat_Height.png]. Parent [StandardCHNLS]

I have the latest client version.

2. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The most common reason for this to happen is:

1. Your workspace doesn't have downloaded the specific file (because it's cloaked, because you are using a partial workspace...).
    2. You try to checkin this file path but you can't because it already exists in the tree (even if it was not downloaded in your workspace).

Does it make sense? Otherwise, if you open a ticket with us at support@plasticscm.com, we can arrange a meeting to debug your setup.

Regards,
    Carlos.

denali95 likes this.
  3. denali95

denali95

Hi Carlos,

1. I'm not sure I understand this. I did some googling for partial workspaces and I'm not really sure what is meant by this. I also clicked on show all hidden files, hoping to reveal any cloaked files, but I'm not sure that's the right way to approach this.
    2. For this, should I go into the tree and delete the file, thus allowing the check in? For accessing the tree, should I do this in the Plastic SCM GUI app? I'm not sure what the Gluon app is for.

4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The partial workspace is a Gluon workspace. I meant that you can't use Gluon and Plastic GUI simultaneously in the same workspace.

If you create a clean new workspace in the Plastic GUI and update it to the head of the branch, are you still reproducing the problem?

Regards,
    Carlos.

5. denali95

denali95

Hi Carlos,

I've created a clean workspace and while there was some issues bringing over the latest commit from my other workspace, I believe I can successfully commit in this one, and add back in some of the missing files from the head of the branch.

Thanks,

Daniel

6. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if we can still help.