Search Unity

Duplicate resource locations from label query

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Paul_H23, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Paul_H23

Paul_H23

Hi,

Hitting a weird problem. I've added a couple of textures to my addressables, named them with "Bkg/<name>" and given them both the label "Background". When I ask for resource locations based on label, like below, I get a count of 4, and each one is returned twice. Am I missing something here?

Code (CSharp):
    1.         Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync("Background").Completed += (AsyncOperationHandle<IList<IResourceLocation>> result) =>
    2.         {
    3.             Debug.Log(result.Result.Count);
    4.             foreach (IResourceLocation resource in result.Result)
    5.             {
    6.                 Debug.LogFormat("Background: {0}", resource.PrimaryKey);
    7.                 Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<Texture2D>(resource).Completed += (AsyncOperationHandle<Texture2D> bkg) =>
    8.                 {
    9.                     Debug.LogFormat("Background Loaded: {0}", resource);
    10.                 };
    11.             }
    12.         };

2. Paul_H23

Paul_H23

On closer investigation, it seems that one of each of the duplicates is coming back as a UnityEngine.Sprite resource type, and the other a UnityEngine.Texture2D resource type. So I have a workaround, but is this behaviour documented anywhere?

Paul

3. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

As I remembered it mentioned in the CHANGELOG.md in some way.

It happens since introducing the LoadResourceLocatinosAsync with the type argument. Unless specific a type, the asset and sub-asset locations are both returned with type=null. So it's intended.

```
    public static AsyncOperationHandle<IList<IResourceLocation>> LoadResourceLocationsAsync(IList<object> keys, MergeMode mode, Type type = null)
    ```

unity_bill likes this.
  4. mrekuc

mrekuc

@Favo-Yang
    I'm not understanding this either. I have 1 group with 11 GameObject prefabs. When i use AsyncOperationHandle<IList<IResourceLocation>> handle = Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(tag, typeof(GameObject));

the result is 22. I have tried everything to prevent duplivate locations but always ends up being 22. Why are they duplicating?

5. mrekuc

mrekuc

I was using 1.16.15 and had this issue. I tried the 1.17.2-preview and this issue was resolved.

6. mrekuc

mrekuc

Nevermind. Built new ones and it went back to double. Weird that the old build worked until I rebuilt it again.

7. brian_imvizar

brian_imvizar

Having this issue with 2021.3.4f1 with remotely-loaded scriptableobject assets