Search Unity

Duplicate device with DualShock 4 with buttons/joysticks stuck constantly firing events

Discussion in 'Input System' started by oxysofts, Feb 15, 2021.

1. oxysofts

oxysofts

upload_2021-2-15_14-38-26.png

I am not touching anything on the controller, and yet the one on the left is constantly firing events. Gamepad1 on the right is the correct device. I must disable or remove Gamepad manually in the input debugger whenever I plug my controller or start the editor with it plugged, otherwise the game is receiving bogus events and my characters moves by itself. (always joystick events it seems like) The bogus device is always the one with the smaller Device ID.

SDL is only detecting one controller so this appears to be a problem with the Input System.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ~
    2. ➜ sdl-jstest --list
    3. Found 1 joystick(s)
    5. Joystick Name:     'Sony Interactive Entertainment Wireless Controller'
    6. Joystick Number:    0
    7. Number of Axes:     6
    8. Number of Buttons: 13
    9. Number of Hats:     1
    10. Number of Balls:    0
    I am using the DS4 in wired and I am on Manjaro Linux.
    Any ideas as to a possible cause for this? Or are there any Input System diagnostics I could use to gather more information? If anything, a starting points to debug this? I could file a bug report but I find it unlikely that someone will be able to replicate this.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. ejoflo

ejoflo

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue with a DualShock 4 connected via Bluetooth on Unity 2021. It's firing off events even when no buttons or sticks are touched.