Search Unity

Dungeon Memory

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by satrio, May 12, 2013.

1. satrio

satrio

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. GeneBox

GeneBox

I absolutely love it, great stuff!

3. satrio

satrio

Thanks GeneBox!
    I am currently updating the speed of the game. Most people are getting bored with waiting for tiles to rotate. Am also making some other fixes that I hope will be up this coming week!

4. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

I do like the game question is what platform are you looking for. It seem like a fun phone game possible.

5. Khyrid

Khyrid

I played to lvl 5. It got very repetitive. Would be cool if some monsters stood on some tiles (or their mark is on the tile) and you cant flip them until you defeat the monsters. Maybe some special monsters cause you to lose extra torch per turn until they are slayed, giving you motive to kill them.

6. onionblaze

onionblaze

Stopped playing at level 11. This is fun! I agree with Khyrid though. It gets repetitive later on, but it looks like you're gonna fix that in the future. Based on what I read on your update at IndieDB at least.

Okay, here's some feedback/suggestions/questions/stuff (excluding those that you said you'll do at your update):
    - I think it'll still be alright if the camera's just looking at a top down-ish view, unless you're planning to do something on the walls..
    - It'll be pretty cool if the 2 swords/shields merge into one when you get it
    - I shouldn't be able to have 0 max torches
    - This happened at level 7. Something happened to the barrel: http://i.imgur.com/A7UZ4Hz.png

Attached Files:

7. satrio

satrio

Wow! I can´t believe you guys put so much time into it. Yeah the bug with the barrel happens sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. It might be a timing issue where playmaker needs to wait for other actions. I don´t know how to really fix it..

Didn´t catch the 0 torch thing.. will correct that!

Yeah, the presentation of the items is kind of confusing with getting two items on the board and only getting one item in the inventory. I will experiment with the fusing thing. My main concern is that the more I add to the presentation, the harder it is to remember the bricks locations. But I agree, something needs to be done about that.

I will add more variation eventually. I first need to get the first pass of all the basics done. I have already sped up the clicking and revealing, but that needs some tweaking. I want to add more types of tiles, and also "special treasure rooms". That will mean a complete rewrite of the engine, so I need to plan this really well for future updates.

I will probably introduce a "dungeon key" for the exit that needs special conditions to manifest, like "kill all rats" or different colored chest that needs different colored keys so I can make a longer chain of matching tiles.

The mouselook is very experimental. I want something more advanced in the future with interactive elements in the background. I came up with the mouselook thing in half an hour. At the moment it doesn't add anything really, but I leave it in for the time being.

Thanks for your great feedback!

/s