Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Lurk II - Leona [Steam Release]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by realghetto, Jul 21, 2014.

1. realghetto

realghetto

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Rinoa_Heartilly and balaam like this.
  2. casperjeff

casperjeff

Very cool.
    First and foremost -

LOVE the sound effects....
    LOVE the camera transitions for the 'special' events.
    LOVE the 'click' to search/break technique (how far away can you be from vase or other object to break/search it?)
    LOVE the portal and the 'gimbals/gyroscope' thingy....
    LOVE the top down view - not just top down - but wayyyy high up top down. Gives much more ability to see and enjoy the walls and other side stuffs.

Don't love the GUI text when you are alerted to stuff - (colored text on the left). It really belongs in a nice textured box or something.

Not 100% sure what the goal of the game - but i really like what you have so far!!!
    best of luck....

3. Mor57x

Mor57x

Nice! :)

4. realghetto

realghetto

Good god, thx for your comment, such a simple comment on this unknowng game/trailer goes such a long way~~~~~~~~~!

5. Lylek

Lylek

Looks good!

Was about to download but,
    App permissions:
    - Your Location: Precise GPS Location
    - Hardware Controls: Record audio, take pictures and videos
    - Phone Calls: Read phone status and identity

I haven't played too many Android apps, so sorry if these are common permissions, but what exactly does your app have that requires access to this information?

6. realghetto

realghetto

yeah, don't worry, that is default unity app permissions. i'm using ngui and other plugins. I hope to resolve this soon. Thx, because I already had the concern " omg, people want to download my app but i have find their gps locaion?" are you kidding me? That is my own fault for publishing before fixing... thx. Luckily for me, I learned to publish android apps before I ever learned Unity existed, so this shouldn't take long. Be well. =D

7. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

looks like a solid little game. welldone

8. realghetto

realghetto

9. realghetto

realghetto

10. realghetto

realghetto

Just posting the first official Gameplay footage video.

11. realghetto

realghetto

12. realghetto

realghetto

after more than a week, the game is finally tested, branded and approved to be on blackberry appstore! Those guys are brutal, everything I ever submit to them goes through major testing.... I'm happy to see that I actually did things right and was able to publish to blackberry in a heartbeat. For any blackberry users, here is the appstore page:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59933358

I will now update the first post to include this link.

13. realghetto

realghetto

seriously, i convinced the artist, we have to have minimal text in the game, he finally agreed after me, the programmer said that. But obviously, I was wrong. It's a constant struggle between me (the programmer) and the artist, whom I look at as someone who is coloring a color book. I'm not an artist, i'm just a programmer, and it takes a long time for me to realize, that people play games for not only randomly generated stuff, but because of artists. This is truly a hard lesson to learn on my part, but I have certainly come to the conclusion that I can never make a quality game without an artist being on board. I know programmer's are important, but good god, everything I ever want to do is systematic.... but this artist keeps me on the path of making games that people play for fun. I only wish, every minute of every day, that me, as a programmer, has the artistic ability, but it can never happen. I have to live with the fact that my crap sux, period, unless some artist comes in and helps me. Artists are 1000% important, don't discount them.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  14. realghetto

realghetto

ok, fixed, took forever to find the offending plugin.

15. Lylek

Lylek

Hey, game is fantastic! Love the puzzles, the music/sound effects, cut scenes, and the choices!

How do I save though? I found the check point (right before the orc) but I do not respawn there after I quit game. So what are the checkpoints for?

Also, when you die, Restart restarts the whole game? I assumed it would restart everything since last checkpoint, and using a life would start me from where I died... darn. :(
    Though idk how to save, and my android died, so I would have to start over anyway. :p

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  16. realghetto

realghetto

the game is saved per level, not checkpoint. This might change in the future. Checkpoint requires you to have extra lives to continue, you start with 3 lives and find coins in pots you break to buy more or find extra lives in pots and other places.

I can pass the entire game on one life but I kind of know all the secrets. I'm sure a walkthru will pop up soon, but I'm keeping all the secrets of the puzzles safe with me until then.

17. Lylek

Lylek

Ah, I see. Just beat the first level, quite long when you don't know what to do, but very well thought out! 5/5stars on GP! Great game <3

18. realghetto

realghetto

OK, question for you, did you think the Graveyard Puzzle was 'too tough' or did you enjoy the ending cinematic of solving the puzzle?

19. jococo

jococo

Well done! :)

20. Lylek

Lylek

I think the Graveyard Puzzle was a good one. For those who enjoy these types of games, definitely not too tough. I think this game will attract a lot of people who enjoy games like, the Legend of Zelda, and older RPG games.

I wasn't sure, afterwards, what the cinematic did. After the boulder rolled around, it seamed to just stop at a door. I'm not sure if I missed it hitting a button or what, or if it has something to do with later, but the door beside me opened up so I continued on.

21. realghetto

realghetto

I've noticed the physics was probably not the best solution. The boulder is running on nothing but Unity physics there, so every platform is unique. But the puzzle is still guaranteed to solve even if the physics don't work 100% of the time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  22. realghetto

realghetto

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  23. realghetto

realghetto

Now available for PC/MAC/Linux... on https://groupees.com/ for the first time ever... get it now and enjoy several other games for the same price.

24. realghetto

realghetto

Dungeon Lurk II - Leona has been Greenlit for Steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289871329

We will be releasing Steam Keys, (when released), to anyone who purchases the game on Desura or HumbleStore now ( www.dungeonlurk.com/buy ). We are adding several levels, achievements, and many more features using Steamworks. Save by buying before Steam!

Actively, we are on the Groupees bundle. Get your copy for SUPER CHEAP plus several other games in the
    "(Sometimes) Tuesday Bundle":
    https://groupees.com/tuesday6

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

We need more puzzle/action games like that.

26. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

interesting i'm gonna try it :D