Search Unity

Dungeon Crawler RPG - Dungeons of Sabarith

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Rya, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Rya

Rya

OVERVIEW:
    The Dungeons of Sabarith will be action oriented RPG Dungeon crawler. You will do everything from fight monsters you find throughout new areas of the vast dungeon as well as solve tricky puzzles in order to proceed onto the next part of the dungeon.

STORY:
    You play as an archaeologist who finds himself trapped inside a dungeon him and his team were exploring a couple days prior. Due to a massive earthquake the entrance to the dungeon caved in and the only way out is to venture deeper and hope you find another passage to the surface. As you descend deeper and deeper you start to realize you are not alone. The king who passed away centuries ago wanted to keep his corpse and his treasure safe from outsiders so he created puzzles and traps for anyone stupid enough to try to steal his treasure. He also cursed all of his servants to forever guard his tomb and his dungeon.

VIDEO:

Please post here or contact me via PM if you are interested in this project!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. Merlinikin

Merlinikin

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, looks coooooooooooool.

Best of luck!

3. virror

virror

Agre with the above, Wow.
    Looks very good, setting is very moody. You are working yourself on this one right now?
    Looking forward to see more : )

4. Rya

Rya

I currently am working with 1 programmer and one modeler, thank you for the kind words.

5. virror

virror

Will stand in line on the release day ; )

6. Rya

Rya

Glad to hear it, and the best part is it will only cost you a whole 5$! :D

7. virror

virror

Wooot, that's too cheap : p

8. Rya

Rya

It will be my studios first game, I don't want to charge much. For all I know we won't make a single sale, but I will have gained a lot of experience and will have enjoyed making it. To me thats all that matters.

9. dr.steam

dr.steam

Nice! "Alone in the Dark" comes to mind. Nice texture work.

10. SharpSteelRPG

SharpSteelRPG

Cool! I am going to be trying to create a game. It is going to be called SharpSteel: Land of Asteria. The Only real problem is I am a novice game Dev new to Modeling and coding. Unlike your game though mine is based back in 150 B.C.(or around that time) it is going to be a sort of replica of Mount and Blade.

11. Rya

Rya

Good luck my friend :)

12. SharpSteelRPG

SharpSteelRPG

Thanks my good sir. i think ill be buying a copy of your game when it comes out :). Also any tips you can hand me in making a rpg?

13. Rya

Rya

The suggestion I have would be to start small scale, find a small team of a modeler and a programmer and slowly get the basics of the coding done. From there you can start incorporating the art you wish to be in your game.

14. Rya

Rya

Update:
    - Added the part of the dungeon where the earthquake shook enough rocks to block your way out.

15. RaskVann

RaskVann

It doesn't matter if you hvae to re-use those rocks again but I'd highly suggest littering the rooms with items of any sort. It serves several purposes. First of all it offers more eye candy for the player. It makes each room (hopefully) unique to give the user more direction and ability to tell if they're backtracking on accident and last it's just plain more interesting for the end user.

Besides that though it looks great.

16. Rya

Rya

Yes of course, we have not even started to add any clutter in the dungeon rooms. Our modeler has been working on the weapons. There will be everything from food to weapons you can find and use to books.

17. ThaGame

ThaGame

awesome.

18. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

dunno, if you guys know that this is the dungeon kit from the asset store ;)

but looks nice non the less and good luck with your project!