Search Unity

Dungeon Breaker Action RPG starter kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rachan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Just to let you know, Your main Site link is down.

2. vincentellis

vincentellis

Has this been abandoned? There are no updates from the author, the demo is full of bugs and lot's of customers complaining. Do not purchase!

3. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

If you click on any button in the UI, the character starts attacking. There are also some slowdowns in the web player when using specials or too many zombies. Is this normal? Even in the final version?

4. sezbladex

sezbladex

Where is multiplayer system in game ?

5. im

im

yeah the last release does not run, the minute you spawn and press fire it threads and exception and stops

where is author!

latest release does not run at all even clean install!

in additon to the previous error i reported as soon as u spawn and press the left mouse key to attack you get and it stops

Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. CharacterAttack.PlaySoundLaunch () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/Base/CharacterAttack.cs:80)
    4. CharacterAttack.DoDamage () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/Base/CharacterAttack.cs:133)
    5. CharacterAttack.DoAttack () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/Base/CharacterAttack.cs:72)
    6. CharacterSystem.Update () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/CharacterSystem.cs:81)
    characterStatus.SoundLaunch is null!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. Mcg

Mcg

just need to add a null check there so if (characterStatus.SoundLaunch != null characterStatus.SoundLaunch > 0)

7. im

im

thanks i know, but that is not the point, author needs to fix a number of things. he should not be disappearing should communicate with customers...

on 10/23 he mad a post. i number of people, including myself, have posted a bunch of stuff. to this date he has not posted anything and not responded to any of us nor fixed/updated the release

dont get me wrong i like the author and the asset, but he has to learn to be more communicative.. ive posted about it in the past... i know it could be hard, author is a bit shy i think, and busy, but still he needs to show up every so often and handle business and not let it pile up for all to sse. this is business. and he's most likely killing his sales with anyone coming here reading the posts and seeing no response. that bad, for business. people have to come here and see nothing but happy customers and no issues, no drama, for them to buy. so its not like optional things for any of us. cause it hurts us all, no sales, no money for development, etc.. so we need to have author around so his sales continue. else we all lose..

8. im

im

more warnings / exceptions

latest unity the two exceptions when it stops playing after you teleport are due to warning that result in reference being set to null!

also they are very easy to fix

Code (csharp):
    2. change the new to something like
    4. variable = this.gameObject.AddComponent<type>();
    6. then add below that something like
    8. variable.Init(new Vector2(...), this);
    9. or
    10. variable.Init(new Vector2(...), null);
    11. or
    12. variable.Init(new Vector2(...));
    14. and go to each type and replace constructor with
    16. public override void Init(parameters)
    17. {
    18. base.Init(parameters);
    19. ...
    20. }
    22. go to frame and replace constructor with
    24. public virtual void Init(parameters)
    25. {
    26. ...
    27. }
    then it should work without warnings/exceptions :)

but me fixing it dont fix the asset, for that we need author :)

Code (csharp):
    2. You are trying to create a MonoBehaviour using the 'new' keyword.  This is not allowed.  MonoBehaviours can only be added using AddComponent().  Alternatively, your script can inherit from ScriptableObject or no base class at all
    3. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:.ctor()
    4. Frame:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    5. ItemRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. NPC:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/NPC.cs:23)
    Code (csharp):
    2. You are trying to create a MonoBehaviour using the 'new' keyword.  This is not allowed.  MonoBehaviours can only be added using AddComponent().  Alternatively, your script can inherit from ScriptableObject or no base class at all
    5. QuestRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. NPC:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/NPC.cs:24)
    Code (csharp):
    5. StatusRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:40)
    7. UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object, Vector3, Quaternion)
    8. CharacterSpawner:Spawn(GameObject) (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/CharacterSpawner.cs:8)
    9. CharacterSelector:Update() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/CharacterSelector.cs:18)
    Code (csharp):
    5. MainUIRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:41)
    8. CharacterSpawner:Spawn(GameObject) (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/CharacterSpawner.cs:8)
    9. CharacterSelector:Update() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/CharacterSelector.cs:18)
    Code (csharp):
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:42)
    Code (csharp):
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:43)
    Code (csharp):
    5. ShotcutRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:44)
    Code (csharp):
    5. SkillRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:45)
    Code (csharp):
    4. TouchScreenVal:.ctor(Rect)
    5. PlayerCharacterController:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterController.cs:19)
    Code (csharp):
    5. PlayerCharacterController:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterController.cs:20)
    Code (csharp):
    6. NPC:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/NPC.cs:23)
    Code (csharp):
    6. NPC:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/NPC.cs:24)
    Code (csharp):
    5. PlayerCharacterController:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterController.cs:19)
    Code (csharp):
    5. PlayerCharacterController:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterController.cs:20)

Code (csharp):
    3. PlayerCharacterUI.Update () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:70)
    Code (csharp):
    3. PlayerCharacterUI.OnGUI () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:90)

9. im

im

collect 10 potions quest is broken

cause if you have any potions already in inventory they are counted towards quest

so if u have 2 potions and start the quest you only need to collect 8 to finish the quest

now this does not sound like a problem

but if you have for example 10 or more potions in your inventory then the minute you accept the quest you complete the quest since you have at lest 10 potions in your inventory

both quests should be in addition to what you already have

so if you have 3 potions in your inventory you have to get to 13

and if you have 17 potions in your inventory you need to get to 27

also if you drink any potions while on the quest you dont get the point lost of collecting the potion since you already collected it. so it should have its own counter!

same for killing zombies!

ok ive done my best to test the asset. now its someone else turn to find bugs that hopefully author will fix in upcoming release

also for upcoming release please incorporate into unity built in keyboard / mouse input. right now the key/mouse codes are hardcoded in the code like "E", "W", "A", "S", "D". better to use forward, backwards, left and right and let us define it in input settings. like the unity tutorials show us...

if author wants i can give him the code for it...

10. im

im

good news everybody / happy holidays!

author has not abandoned asset / is not awol!

i emailed author about the above and he immediately replied that he would fix the asset

i guess he has been very busy working on big new exciting release of Weapon System
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7676

which is very nice asset / well worth checking out / at least try the demo you will not regret!

so there is no need to panic / i take back all the bad thing i said :D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  11. Rachan

Rachan

Hi everyone, sorry to missing.

my main website may down a day because my country now have revolt by anti government peoples
    there's captured all of communication center and others official place. i hope it's would be done soon.

after a month of busy i'm going back to fix all of the bad thing now.
    if you need urgent support please mail me directly at hwrstudio@gmail.com

Thanks in advanced.

12. im

im

great to hear from you! oh wow yeah i heard just didnt think make the connection. hope both you and your family are safe and sound and things will quickly return to normal.

not to worry as you can see by our posts we fixed all the bugs...

still look towards your next release.

could you please add more / different zombies and heroes. or better could you please release the master textures with all the layers so that we ourselves can more easily make more zombies and heroes. what i mean is right now we have like composite texture where all the layers have been combined and its difficult to edit. so having all the pieces we can more easily mix and match and change collors to create a whole lot off slightly different zombies and heroes...

also perhaps add an archer and wizard classes. :)

thanks in advance and best regards!

when i get a chance i'll send you a copy of my changes which includes the bug fixes and changes to use unity keyboard and mouse support instead of having it hardcoded... hopefully you will incorporate into next release for everyone to benefit...

13. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you very much im :)

14. Rachan

Rachan

I have fix the warning lists , bugs and update to unity asset store reviewer already.
    for the Draw call problem the cause is grass on terrain will make a lot of draw call.
    you can reduced by go to Terrain setting (gear icon) and remove the Detail Density.

15. im

im

hi

just got the new release thanks for getting fix out so quickly

i'll try it out hopefully tomorrow or this weekend...

best regards!

please consider releasing master textures with layers so its easier for us to make more zombies / heroes by playing around with the layers. the texture composites just are pain to edit... i would like to change colors and type of of skin, face, ears, nose, hair, eyes, chest, waist, arms, hand, legs, feet, ect... that way get lets of them with same model. sort of like other asset does. sort of what you did with two heros but many more. without doing having to do so much work... also the same for zombie. i can send u what i tried to do. i did a test and it worked ok ,but obviously since i dont have textures with layers doing it by cutting the textures i have does not look so good and its a lot of unnecessary work... thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  16. im

im

hi,

ok i checked the latest release, and while it's not throwing any exceptions or warnings, zombies are not attacking at all they sort of spawn and stand there...

ok i looked more into it the zombies when they spawn object target is none so it has to be the player! so somewhere in their spawn code it has to be set.

ok started to look at code you added safe area? so they can spawn in safe area but not attack because you clear their object target? perhaps they should not spawn in safe areas... it looks like that is problem...

ok i can confirm that they are not attacking outside of safe area...

ok i singles stepped through code TargetTag is being set to empty array... so

line 15 AICharacterController.cs where it sets to to "Player" is being lost... because in the prefab for all the zombies Target Tag is of array size 0!

so the Target Tag size must be set to 1 and Element 0 to "Player"

also the same problem for all the friendlies their prefab the Target Tag is also 0 so it will ignore the configuration of having it set to "Enemy"

so please change all the friendly prefabs to have Target Tag size to 1 and Element 0 to "Enemy"

so you need to update all the zombie and friendly prefabs...

also potion quest still broken look at my prior post on it. if you have enough potions you can just keep accepting quest and immediately play complete without getting any more potions, which is bigtime cheat...

please fix...

i really like the boxes and the loot inside them. very nice touch...

by the way i didnt tell you this before but your asset is like my favorite asset. i actually just play the demo, every enjoyable even afters playing it for hours... :)

thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  17. Rachan

Rachan

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenient
    the problem may happened because
    the string "TargetTag" on AICharacterController and AIFriendCharacterController are changed to "string[]"
    to using in multiples target. you have to add it again.

$targettag.jpg

18. im

im

hi!

no need to apologize just playing with asset.

i really like the keyboard support you added works great. its actually quite fun to play on its own...

Item is now a target of ai enemy or ai friend?

do ai friend now pickup items and know how to use them? will they switch to better weapon will they use potions to heal? or am i misunderstanding and our post is just an example to show it can be multiple targets.

i would think

enemy's target is :
    Player
    Friend

friend's target is:
    Enemy

also i just meant to fix the demo in the asset so people can play it... without having to set it themselves...

also quest for potion is broken. try it play the demo, accept the quest, get 10 potions lets say and then press complete and then go back to npc and again accept the quest and you will see you instantly get the quest completed without having to pickup any more potions and you can do this again and again and again...

best regards

19. huxley

huxley

Thanks for your hard work and updates. Unfortunately, your latest package (2.0c) still crashes my HTC Android phone.

Maybe you should pool your assets at load, or reduce the amount of textures that are loaded at runtime and have them loaded in after the initial memory dump.

20. Mihai93

Mihai93

SameOne Know how i can change the NPC text With a a Icon?

21. Havoc Unit

Havoc Unit

Reminds old good Minigore. How Many drawcalls, if you have about 8 enemies on scene?

22. felixthecat

felixthecat

I just got this and downloaded and imported. A few things im having issues with and just FYI im also unity noob.

1. How do you change the logo for the main menu. I'd like to do my own set up but its not clear and there is no documentation for creating everything from scratch.
    2. I was able to replace the characters for the main menu , character select and game, however, in game I can't get my character to move or attack I can only get the character to idle and turn. I tried checking to see if the character was some how stuck in the terrain but even being dropped in he wont move, just turns.

Can anyone give me some tips as to whats going on with that?
    I tried going back and forth betweent the Jason character and my character to make sure all the proper scripts were installed and they match up. Is there a setting i need to turn on? Speed is 1 so im not sure what else i can do.

23. rickcollette

rickcollette

Can you take a screenshot of the Character System expanded out in the inspector and also the Animation expanded out?
    You really do need to follow all of the instructions in DBInstruction.pdf - there are no shortcuts (like just applying the scripts and hoping it works).

24. kilik128

kilik128

HI all

i look for change the Update Caracthère system for animator sytem
    someone can help ?

AnimationState attackState = this.gameObject.animation[AttackAnimations[poseIndex].AttackName];

it's here i get trouble animator get AnimatorStateInfo

but i don't find in animator for get
    if(attackState.time >= attackState.length * 0.1f){
    attackState.time ?

25. im

im

Happy New Year

New DB 2.1 is really fun to play!

Please add

+ I key bound to Input setting Inventory to toggle inventory.

+ S key bound to Input setting Skills to toggle skills.

+ Q key bound to Input setting Quests to toggle quests.

+ C key bound to Input settings Character to toggle character status

+ E key bound to Input settings Cursor to toggle cursor lock

+ ability jump

+ female players!

+ more enemies

+ more friendlies

+ crosshairs for ranged weapons

Please fix the following small bugs:

+ CharacterRangedFriendly and CharacterSwordFriendly has Target Tag in AIFriend Character Controller has zero (0) elements when it should have one (1) element set to 'Enemy', without the quotes.

+ Zombie, ZombieBoss and ZombiePuke has Target Tag in AICharacter Controller has zero (0) elements when it should have one (1) element set to 'Player', without the quotes.

+ NPC.cs line 28 should be questRenderer.Inz not itemRenderer.Inz

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  26. rickcollette

rickcollette

These things seem personal preferences - I wouldn't want them in my game. If you need them, this seems pretty simple to add in..
    And the code is well commented.

+1

27. im

im

u dont have to use something, but without it its hard for someone like myself to do models / animations and even textures.

so at least the female models and the jump animations

and i could make more players/ enemy if we got the master textures with the layers. right now we get composite which makes it very hard.

i can do the rest which involves basically coding...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  28. rickcollette

rickcollette

ah ok - so this makes sense .. context is king :)

29. kilik128

kilik128

yes i wait too for mecanim for that's ! models / animations

30. inthemilkywat

inthemilkywat

Crashes at unity splashscreen on samsung galaxy s4.

31. rickcollette

rickcollette

Didn't for me; nor on the previous S* models.. what build settings do you have?

32. inthemilkywat

inthemilkywat

I'm using the default build settings.

EDIT: Last version worked perfectly for me so I added all the new changes to the last version and it is working again.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  33. MetaMythril

MetaMythril

This will kill the WASD movement that is already there :p

It looks like someone already brought up the AI tagging issue, wasn't hard to adjust on my end to get it working but it will throw off anyone new when the AI players don't respond when the player approaches.

Very nice kit so far, keep up the great work!

34. im

im

oh forgot about wasd thanks!

35. im

im

hey anyone know what bugs got fixed?

db 2.2a 2/19/2014 release

thanks in advance!

36. deiong

deiong

interested in this kit, but had a few questions. is it easy to add different terrains and areas?? if so, then a second question would be have certain enemies tide to only those certain location areas you want?
    thanks

37. JonJon21

JonJon21

Hi - I get a windows crash "Unity has stopped working" whenever I try to use the package in a new project...recent purchase.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  38. JonJon21

JonJon21

After removing and reinstalling Unity, eventually able to import. However, my main Unity window gets weird: the letter "L" is now missing from the titles for "Layers" and "Layouts." Any ideas? It does seem to run, but took a number of shut-downs and restarts, and still seems to crash Unity a lot. Maybe my computer can't handle the textures? Some of them are very slow to load, I will run the demo for a while before the player character sprite shows up "fully."

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  39. im

im

hi I have the asset with latest unity in new package and I don't have a single problem with it...

sounds like you have hardware / corrupt os problem

and it runs great on my 2+ yr old box (amd 1090t / ati 6870 1gb / 16gb)

so please post details about your hardware and os

check your hardware if you go to download.com you can get Sandra free and use it to check your hardware

also do a checkdisk (scandisk) of all your drives

also you can check the os by running a command prompt as administrator and entering

sfc /scannow

best of luck

40. Michael316

Michael316

Great asset, question though - I set up a bad guy and I keep getting this:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    SkillManager.GetCooldown (Int32 skillIndex, Int32 level) (at Assets/DB/Scripts/GamePlay/Skill/SkillManager.cs:31)
    CharacterSkillManager.DeploySkill () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/CharacterBase/Base/CharacterSkillManager.cs:20)
    CharacterSkillBase.Update () (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Character/CharacterBase/Base/CharacterSkillBase.cs:75)

The bad guys also will run up to the player and just look at him; sometimes they attack, sometimes not. Also, the hit animation won't play. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

41. im

im

if its throwing an exception then u can expect things not to execute as they should

but if you look at the logic there is reason for that cause if they kept hitting u you would be dead real quick

so they go pause hit pause hit ect

and sometimes u see them move back a bit and then come at u again

take a look at the logic its works rather well and its fun gameplay

what we need is sort of animation of them scratching their head or looking around or saying brain or growling as to what to do next to fill in the pause

42. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Is someone using this asset with ngui or daicon forge gui?

I have problems with the standard gui of this asset because it is so tiny on the ipad3 that i can not hit the little icons to i.e. get my quests or buy something.
    Also i can not find the gui he is using so it would be nice if i can get help here.
    Thank you.

43. rickcollette

rickcollette

Click the MainCamera in the hierarchy window, go down to Mainmenu(Script) - here you can adjust all of the attributes for the size of the fonts, guy, etc.

$Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 10.01.15 AM.png

44. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you arrested_games i just will try it out :)

Edit:
    It look like i need a GUISkin style :(

So no NGUI or Daikon Forge?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  45. rickcollette

rickcollette

AFAIK there is not a builtin for those.. there are a lot of really decent GUISkin styles.. and Unity is bringing a native GUI (like DF or NGUI) in soon...

46. im

im

yeah one or both of those gui would be great

47. rickcollette

rickcollette

so - anyone know how the following issues are doing?
    - iOS player character does not move
    - clicking through the menus (as in, i tap a menu or inventory item, and touch the ground behind it instead..)

48. mjd1221

mjd1221

I am wondering how to get Dungeon Breaker to work on an S4 device. Supposedly the old build works with updates but I only have the latest build... how can I get this to work on the S4.

49. Gunhi

Gunhi

How to setup Combo for Mecanim?
    I did set it up as the Document shows, but It doesn't actually do the animation.

50. Gunhi

Gunhi

it seems to be no one maintains this asset o_O

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014