Search Unity

Dungeon Breaker Action RPG starter kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rachan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Rachan

Rachan

Dungeon Breaker 3.0 Released!!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10043

Dungeon Breaker Starter Kit 3.0

The Action Multiplayer RPG Starter Project. available on standalone and mobile devices.
    this project will help you create your own multiplayer RPG in a few steps.

includeds with many features and several gameplay style such as Third Person Action RPG , Topdown RPG hack and slash , Adventure Co-op
    You can play around with friends build your heroes, create your story, and enjoy your own Multiplayer RPG.

Included
    - Multiplayer Co-Op Online / Lan
    - Multi Game Styled (TopDown and Third Person)
    - Mecanim Support
    - Character Creator System
    - Combat System
    - RPG System
    - Inventorys and Items embbed
    - Skills System
    - NPC Quests System
    - NPC Shop System
    - Level Manager
    - Save/Load Game
    - Particle FX
    - AI Friend / Enemy
    - Gameplay Manager
    - Mini map
    - Mobile Devices Support

Web Demo | VDO | Mecanim Tutorial

Enjoy :D

Important: There's many changes in this version. Please backup your project before update.

New Update! 3.0

- Add Multiplayer Co - Op Online / Lan
    - Add New Mini Map
    - Add New GUI Skin
    - Add New Level
    - Cleaned masses stuff and Make it look better
    - Bug Fixes

New Update! 2.0

- Melee/Ranged Weapon System
    - Ranged Enemy
    - Friends AI / AI with skills
    - Upgrade Animation Combo Editor
    - Upgrade Item Editor
    - Upgrade Skill Editor
    - Upgrade UI to drag-able dialog
    - Save / Load Character
    - Teleport System
    - Fix Bugs / Cleaning Code

From author
    1 year aniversary of this kit. i tried so hard to working on adding multiplayer, i'm not a networking expert but finally it works! if you have any suggestion feel free and let me know. I hope you enjoy this 3.0, and thanks you for your support

If you have any question or need an assistance please mail me.
    Email : hwrstudio@gmail.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Ony likes this.
  2. msbranin

msbranin

Very well done. addedto my lits of wants. hope to buy this coming week.

3. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

This feels very solid. Now if we could just get Jumping and Ranged Weapons (Bow and Arrows?) itd be even better.

Certified buy this week :)

This looks like it could make a good Alice Madness Returns game yes?

4. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

Woah that was awesome! If you add new weapons like ranged weapons and more shields and add some player movements like jumping and a roll I will definitely buy this!

Add multiplayer and I would give you a kiss haha

5. im

im

hi again thanks for lowering the price to $50 while its still in beta!

so just bought it and i love it!

it is well worth the $50 that i paid and a great start to any fantasy zombie toon game.

the kit comes with everything that you see, all the assets and all the source code there for the tweaking.

what is missing that author has indicated on store page that will be added with upcoming 1.0 version

+ Mobile version Touch screen controller and optimize some effect
    + Radar system (minimap)
    + Quest system (kill monsters , collected an item , get reward)
    + Level up system
    + Item shop system (NPC)
    + Character change able (female , male)

what else i think needs to be fixed, added and changed

+ fix bug with combos as reported by liver young
    + key should toggle inventory (or at least esc close it)
    + add character creation dialog (name, model, talents, skills, weapons, armor)
    + add additional skins for existing characters (hero and zombie) or give us the original multilayer master so we can edit it ourselves to create different looking characters
    + add character selection dialog
    + add character edit dialog
    + add multiplayer support (unity, photon)
    + add checkpoint system (save and load)
    + zoom camera
    + more camera views (1st person, down view, 2d side scroller)
    + add node based pathfinding
    + add spawnpoints radius (character, enemy, npc)
    + add wave spawners (enemy, count, interval, duration, etc)
    + add (non enemy characters used in ingame shop, give quests, talk to, give/take item, etc
    + add additional enemies (more models with basic texture)
    + add additional weapons like bow and arrows
    + add support for armor (head, cheat, legs, hands, and feet) and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it
    + add support for wearables (feather on head, belt, ring(s) on fingers, necklace, etc) and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it
    + add pets and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it
    + add some appropriate mood setting music
    + add more sounds like zombie (moaning), character (running), action (swinging sword), and misc background
    + add animations like jump, walk, inspect, pickup, drop, talk, yell, flee, blocking
    + add skills tree and dialog to manage it.
    + add player stat dialog to view and upgrade skills
    + weapons, armor, shields, wearables, pets, etc upgrades
    + add trading system (basically shows player inventory and allows dropping to trade area and to view other players trade area and accept and cancel trade)
    + add options dialog (game, graphics, sounds, controls, character)
    + inventory dialog should have a background
    + inventory should be moveable and dockable
    + weapon bar should have a background
    + weapon bar should be moveable and dockable
    + skill bar should have a background
    + skill bar should be moveable and dockable
    + add drag and drop from inventory to and from utility belt and to and from inventory to character (head, chest, legs, hands and feet, so u can put armor on this way and also select which hand weapon and shield goes on.
    + add character, enemy, npc etc stats editor
    + add item (weapon, shield, armor, pet, wearable, etc) editor
    + add skills editor
    + add skill tree editor

again thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  6. Mcg

Mcg

very cool asset well worth $50 and enjoying atm :) , for the inventory system would it be possible to be like typical rpg/mmo's for example world of warcraft has some item slots that can be taken by different types of items or the item can be the same type but go in different slots

$wow_learning10.jpg

7. Broken_Arrow_Games

Broken_Arrow_Games

WoW! It's beatefull! I'm must have this! I'm buy it :D

8. BHS

BHS

Is it easy to customize this with custom characters? Also, is it possible to implement a top down camera system like diablo? We can do this ourselves, I'm just wondering if it's possible to implement. Or you have to have your camera system?

Also, do you plan on adding an inventory system rather than just an automatic one? If you could drop and pickup (both on the ground and within the inventory menu), hover over with stats, visually equipt and unequipt (ability to enable disable armor models on character), and have items add to stats based on item we're sold. We want this system, but we need more info before we can make a purchase. I know it's still in development and it's okay if these are in the works.

I would hope that the inventory system would have Head, Shoulders, Amulet, Chest, Main Hand, Off Hand, Belt, Gloves, Boots, Ring 1, and Ring 2.

Something like this (drew it up in PS a couple months ago) you can use it in your kit if you'd like, just give us credit:
    $InventorySetupTest.png

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. BHS

BHS

Any chance on getting a demo of the new version that has just been released?

If anyone has version 1.0a could they explain how the new features are?

10. im

im

Rachan,

Just got the new release and like the first release for the most part really nice job, but I've sent you email / pm and along with a number of other members made posts and you to date have not responded to any of us. mcg/bhs have really nice posts. and so do i. we all like little community trying to make this thing better. i paid for it, i know not much, but its a start. im also interested in buying some of your other stuff, but have held off cause you dont respond to posts, pm, emails, etc.

So please take some time to reply to our posts. I know its says you are in Bangkok, Thailand and perhaps its a bit difficult cause of language difference, but still use bing/google translate.

The new release has a few bugs and things like that I and others would like to work with you to change. I've made a number of improvements and would be happy to share some of my source code with you to include which everyone would most likely like to have.

So again please take some time to reply to our posts and lets us all work together to make this a better asset for everyone.

Best regards.

suggestions/enhancements/new features/changes:

1. there is not way to easily close the inventory, etc. its sort of very awkward to go to mouse mode then open inventory, skills, etc and then close them by hitting x and then press the button to switch back to game mode

better to have like i for inventory, s for skills, q for quests and used as a toggle. so that if you press i and the inventory is not showing you show it and if you press i again while its showing it closes it. esc should also close it. there is sort of standards in how people play games. so please have keys toggle the window.

2. also while playing the game esc should be used to pause the game, bring up a menu asking player to go resume, quit to menu, quit game and possibly options

3. there should be on main menu opens where you have game options, video options, sound options, keyboard mappings, mouse options

4. add exit game to the main menu

5. please add jump animation and key binding

6. please add alking animation and key binding

7. please add die animation for hero and zomies

8. please add hurt animation for hero and zomies

9. add key binding that when pres uses the health potion, i mean why have to go to inventory to use the health potion, by then u r dead, shy not put the health potion icon in a little block next to shield on bottom left with the count. if u have non then just disable it and show 0 and some key to use it. that way when u r hurt u can hit the key if u need to heal quickly. sure it can show in inventory so u can sell it.

10 . add mana potion and add key binding as well

11. have mouse scroll to use next weapon on inventory. basically puts the current weapon away and brings out the next. i guess a key binding would be nice as well

12. instead of hardcoding keys please use InputManager its not that hard. ive already done the code for the last release and would be very happy to give it to you

13. add female characters for both hero and zombies

14. for all your dialog like inventory, skills, quests and even for weapons, specials, please add a back ground so its not like floating on map

15. please add drop item from inventory.

16. please add drop item from hero

17. nice to have pick up and drop animations and keys associated with them. perhaps look key as well.

18. also please add walking, running, jumping, swinging sounds, and zombie default sounds. it maybe ok for you not to include the sound which would cost you time and perhaps money, but the property and code the sound to work and document it like you do for other sounds and we can just plug in our own sounds and effects.

19. please have it so that we can set how many lives the player has, each time he dies it decrements, when it hits 0 its game over, i guess u will need to show some number on hud to indicate how many lives left, default to like 3. also have some drop that increments lives when picked up or bought.

20. please add character creation, not just selection. have character creation dialog where we can pick name, model, base talents, skills, weapons, armor, etc.

21. please change character selection to have have character edit dialog where we can change name, model, base talents, skills, weapons, armor, etc.

22. add additional skins for existing characters (hero and zombie) or give us the original multilayer master so we can edit it ourselves to create different looking characters

23. add multiplayer support (unity, photon)

24. add checkpoint system (save and load)

25. add 1st person camera views and way to toggle between it and 3rd person.

26. add wave spawners and way to define waves and who spawns and where and when (enemy, count, interval, duration, etc)

27. add additional enemies (more models with basic texture)

28. add additional weapons like bow and arrows

29. add support for armor (head, cheat, legs, hands, and feet) and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it

30. add support for wearables (feather on head, belt, ring(s) on fingers, necklace, etc) and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it

31. add pets and dialog that can be drag and drop from and to inventory to manage it

32. add some appropriate mood setting music

33. add more sounds like zombie (moaning), character (running), action (swinging sword), and misc background

34. add weapons, armor, shields, wearables, pets, etc concept and update dialog, similar to skill but u pick the item and u can upgrade it up to some set amount per item when worn adds to overall stats.

35. add safe trading system (basically shows player inventory and allows moving to trade area and to view other players trade area and accept and cancel trade)

36. inventory dialog should have a background

37. inventory should be moveable and dockable

38. weapon bar should have a background

39. weapon bar should be moveable and dockable

40. skill bar should have a background

41. skill bar should be moveable and dockable

42. add drag and drop from inventory to and from utility belt and to and from inventory to character (head, chest, legs, hands and feet, so u can put armor on this way and also select which hand weapon and shield goes on.

43. add character, enemy, npc etc stats editor

44. add item (weapon, shield, armor, pet, wearable, etc) editor

45. add skills editor

46. add the ability of a deployables and add bunch of deployable and stats to them that could be increased. like barricades, towers, turrets, etc. that could be placed down and they could be damaged and destroyed, would need repairing, add ability to repair them and deploy, move, pick them up, remove them, etc. and of course update their stats and we would need an editor to set default stats.

47. quest numbers are hardcoded! would be better to have them as publics like count, cash amount, xp amount, etc

TestQuest2.cs

public int count = 10;
    public int amount = 300;
    Description = "Collect " + count + " potion and get $" + amount;

48. change code to use localization. its not good to have string hardcoded, instead text should be retrieved from localization files using some identifier.

49. add crosshairs and a key to toggle it.

wow that is a long list will take a bit of time. but the thing is you can sell things like the multiplayer component as am addon to generate more money. also when you have the game more functional you can increase the price lets say to $100. then buyes can develop the maps, story, etc they are getting a working game. just look at the guy doing base tower defense, turn base strategy. he basically gives people working game, they have to do the maps.

so far so good. personally i would focus on this asset and make a business out of it. supplying the engine for a whole family of games done by others...

i'll update this post as i find more stuff...

11. im

im

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10043

1.0 Update!!
    - Quest System : Ex. Kills or Collected items to get reward
    - NPC System : Ex. Shop , Sell , Quests
    - Character Status System : Level up , Upgrade Character
    - Characters Selector
    - Mini Map

nice, but a little buggy see my next post on this, but i was able to fix the bugs in shot order.

12. im

im

also i didn't see it in the release notes so did the bug in combo system that liver young get fixed with this release or is it still broken?

13. im

im

re: 1.0a bugs

1. regardless of which character you pick the ingame icon at the bottom left is the same

2. when you have multiple quests active and you completed more than one the completed quests where not being cleared properly from the lists of active quests. i will pm u details.

3. there is a Special button always on the far middle right which does nothing it appears.

4. there is no easy way to toggle between special ability 1 and 2, would be nice to have some key bindings

5. although you can setup quest name, description, finish text, quest display in inspector the values are overwritten by call to Info() in Initialize(), ouch!

6. Abandon is mispelled as Abaddon.

7. likewise Abadoned() in QuestBase.cs should be Abandoned()

8 and ActioneMessage() should be ActionMessage(), i guess small spelling, but good to have it corrected...

9. [System.NonSerialized] should be added to all string publics in QuestBase.cs so that they can be set in code using localization facilities. if you change them in editor the values are not used anyways since they are overwritten with hardcoded ones in the code when Info() is called by Initialize()! so no point in having them in editor...

14. Rachan

Rachan

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your purchased and feedback
    i'm sorry to keep you waiting i thought my post should be lost.

@im Thank you very much, it's very good feedback and meticulous
    i have to going to fix all of lists now. to the next update i have to focused on
    UX and UI such as drag-able item , item shortcut ,inventory. it should be diablo like.

about the Combo bug i was cleaned and multiple checking on the combo system. now it have something changed.
    but the problem will happened if combo parameters in Inspector is invalid setting.
    However i have to make everything better and easier in the next version.

Thank you.

15. im

im

hi nice to hear from you.

are u actually from bangkok thailand?

we are so far away from each other its amazing the asset store, its oh so sweet!

actually i had thai food last month from someone from thailand that has restaurant a town over. many years ago she came here and opened a very good thai restaurant, its pretty authentic, i really love the soup and noddle dishes.

when i see her next i will tell her about your stuff as i stuff myself with the yummy food.

best regards!

16. BHS

BHS

Any chance of getting a demo of the new version 1.0a?

Edit: Never mind, seems like you already did.

17. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Looks pretty awesome! What's the performance like on Mobile? Does it work with Unity 3.5.7?
    Definitely on the top of my shopping list!!

18. Rachan

Rachan

Hi nice to talk to you im, :D

i'm so glad you like my product and thai food :)
    yes i'm in Bangkok Thailand , here we just a beginner in game industry
    if you free I'd like to invite you to visit us at our country.

Best Regards

19. Rachan

Rachan

Hi Thank you :)
    Yes i testing on my Iphone 5 it's work quite cool, in Iphone 4s just fine.
    for the Unity 3.0 i have a plan to re-create in the new 3.0 version by manually to support unity 3.0 users.

20. WJ

WJ

Got a bug for you.

I set up a character and set 2 attack animations to wrap once only he plays the attacks but he loops the same attack a few times instead of swipe left, swipe right he'll do random things like swipe left, swipe left, finish and left, right, right, right, finish.

I cant figure out what's causing it.

21. WJ

WJ

Any word from op on fixes updates? Did pay for a framework that I can't use with my own characters.

22. Sound Designer

Sound Designer

Just picked up this pack. Lot of great stuff in it. Would love a better manual though explaining how all the parts work. Or at least, a video explaining how to set up your own level from scratch.

Thanks.

23. Rachan

Rachan

@ WJ

the problem may happen because
    variable (int) attackStack in CharacterSystem.cs will get ++
    every attack button pressed this variable using to checking a continue combo action.

if you need to reduce a stack duration let see in line 119

if(Time.time > attackStackTimeTemp+2){

change to

if(Time.time > attackStackTimeTemp+0.5{

that mean the stack will reset every 0.5 second
    the problem have to fixed by hard-code for now
    but i have to make it better in the next.

Thank you

24. magarcan

magarcan

Any stimated date for releasing the new version?
    All this new stuff looks interesting.

25. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

I will most likely buy this when the next version comes out. Are you planning multiplayer?

26. dyox

dyox

Hi, i want to say your package is very nice. I've little suggestion :

ItemCollector .cs (Attach script directly on the prefab)
    Code (csharp):
    1. public class ItemCollector : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public GameObject ItemPrefabDrop;
    4.     public int Price;
    5.     public ItemType ItemType;
    6.     public string Name;
    7.     public string Description;
    8.     public Texture2D Icon;
    9. }
    ItemManager.cs
    Code (csharp):
    1. public class ItemManager : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public ItemCollector[] Items;
    4. }
    CharacterInventory.cs (Use the Prefab Position/Rotation, it's better for add new objects that have default rotation a -90 or 270, and you can position it rapidly on the hand)
    Code (csharp):
    1.     public void EquipItem(ItemSlot indexEquip)
    2.     {
    3.         // checking this item is exit
    4.         if (itemManager != null  indexEquip.Index >= itemManager.Items.Length)
    5.         {
    6.             Debug.LogError("indexEquip.Index>" + indexEquip.Index + ",itemManager.Items.Length=" + itemManager.Items.Length);
    7.             return;
    8.         }
    10.         // checking this item must contain a prefab object
    11.         var itemCollector   = itemManager.Items[indexEquip.Index];
    12.         if(itemCollector.gameObject != null)
    13.         {
    14.             //Get a Strcture of Embedded item
    15.             var itemget = itemCollector.gameObject.GetComponent<ItemInventory>();
    16.             if(itemget != null)
    17.             {
    18.                 int slot    = itemget.ItemEmbedSlotIndex;
    19.                 // clone a prefab from Embedded item Strcture
    20.                 GameObject item = (GameObject)Instantiate(itemCollector.gameObject, ItemEmbedSlot[slot].transform.position, ItemEmbedSlot[slot].transform.rotation * itemCollector.gameObject.transform.rotation);
    21.                 // remove old object
    22.                 removeAllChild(ItemEmbedSlot[slot]);
    23.                 // embedded a prefab together
    24.                 item.transform.parent = ItemEmbedSlot[slot].transform;
    25.                 item.transform.localPosition = itemCollector.gameObject.transform.position;
    26.                 ItemsEquiped[slot] = indexEquip;
    29.                 Debug.Log("Equiped " + itemget);
    31.             }
    32.         }
    33.     }
    Editor Result :

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  27. Aguy

Aguy

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  28. Rachan

Rachan

Hi Thanks for suggestion
    it's a Good idea :)

29. Rachan

Rachan

Hi good question,

basically this pack will provide you to create a basic fighting arena games, running on mobile device easily
    but i also add some RPG feature such as Item, Skill , Character status , Quest . to make it more RPG like
    i thought it not enough to be an actual RPG yet , but just be a starter template.

30. emiller100

emiller100

This is a great asset. I would recommend doing a mobile friendly level without the terrain and use NGUI for the gui. This will greatly reduce the draw calls. I took forward to see the new features.

31. im

im

Mr. Chairman, I second the motion.

<The chair puts the question on adopting the motion to a vote.>

All in favor say "aye"; all opposed say "no."

<The chair announces the vote result.>

The "ayes" have it, the motion is adopted, and we would request that the good suggestion be adopted in upcoming release.

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  32. Shrk

Shrk

hi, when i update with new enemies the enemy animation behaving odd that when enemy spawn it starts walking and afterfew sec it stops walking and move like and again it is walking how to make it continous walking.?please suggest a way to do it.

33. im

im

Rachan,

DB is crashing with Unity 3.x-4.x when playing during extensive battles where the framerate drops like a rock to 3 and under and all you see is a see of corpses and particles because DB\Prefabs\Skill\SkillStomp\Mesh_particle has Collision enabled. From what I have read it's sort of known problem with Unity that has been around for a very long time and I guess even in the latest release they still have not fixed it. Basically the Particle System crashes when Collision is enabled. For now the only workaround is to not use Collision with particles. That stops the crashing. Aso please uncheck Collision in DB\Prefabs\Skill\SkillStomp\Mesh_particle and then DB will run great!

Just that you know I'm fighting a horde of 100 zombies surrounding me and I'm spamming Stomp kill which kills them all at the level that I'm at. Sadly it also crashes eventually if I do it enough times cause of the bug. But after I disabled collision I was able to play for 30 minutes without any problems, well other than the framerate hitting 1fps... But that is because I have endless immediate spawning going on which means there is always a see of them around me..

Please make the change in upcoming release so I and others dont crash, also its really not needed cause it appears to work great without it, I can't tell the difference.

Thanks in advance!

34. orokborokhulu

orokborokhulu

Hi Rachan

Your kit have 2 combo attack, I want to add more combo, i have added a combo list attack in the editor.

$47s5.jpg

but nothing happened. the combo still only have 2 attack combos
    What should I do?

and one thing, I want to have a different animation for each special attack (your kit still use the same attack animation ).
    how to do that?

thanks

35. Mihai93

Mihai93

Hy i whant to know how i can make a portal example when im into dungeon and i go from the door make triger enter and load a new scene but have save all character stats with inventory killed mobs and etc..?

36. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

@Rachan
    Mobile Version will be released in ?
    Thanks in advance.:

37. Rachan

Rachan

Hi Shrk,

The enemy using simple Ai moving by random and looking for enemy by tag.
    You can modify it in AICharacterController.cs

38. Rachan

Rachan

Hi im,

Thank again for great feedback and solution.
    That help this kit to be better.;)

Thanks in advanced!

39. Rachan

Rachan

Hi orokborkhulu,

The combo system has design to separate a type of attack animations by weapon type
    But for now You can change the Weapon type variable to changing to the others combo in the lists.

40. Rachan

Rachan

Hi mihai93

This is a good feature that i'm forgot.
    I have to add it in the new version

But for now i have the solution to make it
    You have to make a main character to be a dont destroy object

Add this into the Awake() in main character script
    DontDestroyOnLoad (transform.gameObject);

Now you don't have to put the main character to the others scene
    You can load others scene normally and your main character with inventory will go every where.

Hope this help

41. Rachan

Rachan

Hi KeepTrying,

The latest version DB on store can running on mobile devices already.

42. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you for your purchased.

And sorry to keep you waiting for the replied. I'm rarely check the forum :(
    If you have a problem or question about this kit

You can mail me directly at
    Hwrstudio@gmail.com
    The best way to get support faster from me
    I check email everyday and waiting for help you.

Thanks in advanced,
    Rachan Neamprasert

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  43. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Thank you Mr. Rachan, as soon as i get time to start another project, I will buy your package.
    By the way you got time to make a simple freelance work ?
    Please add my e-mail to your trusted network :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  44. Rachan

Rachan

2.0 Now Released!!

New Update! 2.0
    - Melee/Ranged Weapon System
    - Ranged Enemy
    - Friends AI / AI with skills
    - Upgrade Animation Combo Editor
    - Upgrade Item Editor
    - Upgrade Skill Editor
    - Upgrade UI to drag-able dialog
    - Save / Load Character
    - Teleport System
    - Fix Bugs / Cleaning Code

45. im

im

hello and congrats on the new release! i can see you have done so much progress. cant wait to try out the new ranged weapons :)

while playing i am getting some warnings and even exceptions, none of which are not stopping the game but still good to report since they need to be looked at

a bunch of exceptions
    Code (csharp):
    2. MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    3. Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    4. MissileBase.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider other) (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Item/MissileBase.cs:25)
    a good number of warnings
    Code (csharp):
    2. The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    Code (csharp):
    2. You are trying to create a MonoBehaviour using the 'new' keyword.  This is not allowed.  MonoBehaviours can only be added using AddComponent().  Alternatively, your script can inherit from ScriptableObject or no base class at all
    3. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:.ctor()
    4. Frame:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    5. ItemRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    6. NPC:Start() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/NPC.cs:23)

i also see that you have added a teleporter and a new level where there are npc characters that would help you in your fight

very nice.

the only thing i notice is i had to press a key to use the teleporter, could you have it so that i could just walk in. that would be easy, im to busy killing zombies to hit a kit. and it sort of makes sense u walk into teleporter you teleport. i guess you can also have teleporters that you have to activate. so perhaps best to have both types. maybe one is one partical effects the other a different partical effects.

other than that i can't wait to see what you will cook up next, any plans that you could make public, always nice to know what to expect next. and dont worry if you run out of ideas i have endless lists ;)

best regards and again thanks for the wonderful new release!

46. Harry Nguyen

Harry Nguyen

Hi Rachan, I buy Dungeon Breaker Starter Kit yesterday and update V2.0. When run mobile Android ( Gallaxy S2), it is run good. But when I build IOS with devices Ipad 4 is FPS very slow. and control move not active on all devices :(. Plese help me idea.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  47. _Max_

_Max_

This is the problem I'm having. I tried to figure out the touch controls - no on screen touch buttons.
    In Ver1 I built on iPhone and was able control player, now the player does not move in Ver2.
    I have not checked the FPS but changed shaders to mobile for better FPS.

Only warnings I get are:

Code (csharp):
    1. You are trying to create a MonoBehaviour using the 'new' keyword.  This is not allowed.  MonoBehaviours can only be added using AddComponent().  Alternatively, your script can inherit from ScriptableObject or no base class at all
    2. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:.ctor()
    3. Frame:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    4. StatusRenderer:.ctor(Vector2, PlayerCharacterUI)
    5. PlayerCharacterUI:Awake() (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Player/PlayerCharacterUI.cs:41)
    6. UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object, Vector3, Quaternion)
    7. CharacterSpawner:Spawn(GameObject) (at Assets/DB/Scripts/Game/CharacterSpawner.cs:8)

I guess we wait for developers reply.

48. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

How do i use it on ios?
    Do i have to activate something for that somewhere?
    I can change the direction and shoot something magic but can not move and fight with sword.

On ios it is slow because there are so much drawcalls, at the beginning with two or three enemys i got about 300.

How or When will the npc make something or is it for multiplayer?
    I do not find all these informations in the documentation.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  49. huxley

huxley

I just purchased this kit and loaded the DB demo on my android device. This results in an immediate crash from the Unity Splash screen, most likely from memory?

Here is the device specs for HTC One V : http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/

50. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Tried this today with the new Unity 4.3 on the Ipad but there the unity logo stays forever but no menu or level is loading.
    I get no error, only it do not work.

:(