Search Unity

Audio Ducking Volume doesn't seem to work in Unity 2019.1.2f1

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hzung, Jun 3, 2019.

1. hzung

hzung

I followed the instructions in this video

I tried to do the same steps in the Unity 2018.3.13f1 and it's worked. But it doesn't work in Unity 2019.1.2f1.
    Does anyone run into this problem? Please help.

Here is my setup:

But the Duck Volume doesn't receive the signal.

Sluggy and ThunderMusic like this.
  2. TsFreddie

TsFreddie

I'm having the same problem. The send / receive effects also don't exchange signal. I'm using 2019.1.5f1

3. ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

Same here... I've been working for couple hours trying to set it up properly so it works... I've listened back to the video tutorial to see if I had missed something. I tried to put my tracks before/after. I've tried setting the clips directly on the audio sources or by using Timeline... Nothing worked. I even googled to find someone else with the problem... nothing...

Finally, I got here and there you are... the second post in the Audio forums. So, I guess we can say it's officially a bug, right? I just reported it.

hzung likes this.
  4. jefflinville

jefflinville

Can confirm this is not working for me either

5. hzung

hzung

I finally found a workaround solution meanwhile waiting for the fix from Unity.

1. Create a project and setup the Audio Mixer using the Unity 2018.3.13f1 or using any other older version in which the send / receive effects is still working
    2. Open this project using the new version Unity 2019.1.2f1
    Hope this help!

Sluggy likes this.
  6. Sluggy

Sluggy

I've noticed a lot of features of the Audio Mixer have been utterly broken in Unity 2019 (and some in 2018 as well). This was working for me up until about an hour ago and now no longer is. I'm assuming it's because the ducking was originally setup in 2018 and I re-created it recently in 2019 using the same mixer asset as before.

7. evyatron

evyatron

Can confirm the same issue, 2019.1.2f1.
    Haven't found anything in the release notes for either 2019.2 or even 2019.3, is this even on Unity's radar?
    Seems like a pretty important bug!

8. Sluggy

Sluggy

I sent a bug report today. It was pretty short and straight forward so hopefully it will have a reply early next week. I'll post the issue id once I get a response.

hungtv likes this.
  9. Sluggy

Sluggy

10. RenTenTen

RenTenTen

Same problem in 2019.1.0f2.
    Pretty severe, since I cannot make the whole team of 20 people switch to a new Unity version "only" for one audio bug.

Thanks for the posts so far, seeing that I am not the only one having this issue. I'll keep track of this thread and the one Sluggy posted above, to check if there's a reliable fix any time soon.

11. Sluggy

Sluggy

As far as I can tell, according to that report page the fix should be backported to 2019.1 as well. Still haven't actually confirmed since I ended up using a different method for blending music and six that doesn't rely on ducking.

RenTenTen likes this.
  12. RenTenTen

RenTenTen

I've checked a few later versions:
    Coming from 2019.1.0f2, where Ducking didn't work due to no input signal, I tried 2019.1.8f1 next, also without success.
    The next version that has Ducking working again is 2019.1.9f1 for me. Hope that helps.

hungtv and Starpaq2 like this.