Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

DualTextureEffect (AltSketch Graphics Library)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AltSoftLab, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi Unity community!

I'm developer of AltSoftLab Team
    http://www.AltSoftLab.com

In this post (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/altsketch-graphics-library-c-freetype-port-gui-vector-graphics-etc.258920/) I presented our AltSketch Graphics Library.

We need some help to implement some features in Unity using the best way. The second things we need is to implement multitexturing like DualTextureEffect in XNA or something else. A I understood we need a special (maybe custom) Unity shader for this trivial and widely used thing. I couldn't find a standart Unity shader with this technics. By our politics we try to realize our Hardware backends without any special and unique technics. It's to discard any limitations for AltSketch users (like hardware restrictions, etc.). All AltSketch Hardware Render Backends and Integrations are opensourced, so user can implement brushes realisations in any way he or she need. But we must to realize this feature in universal way.

So please help me to make multitexture shader (or to find standart existed in Unity or somewhere else) with simple 2 texture blending withown Lighting and any other functions. Shader without any special restrictions. The scheme is very simple:

Texture1_RGBA * Texture2_RGBA * Vertex_RGBAColor

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014