Search Unity

Resolved Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller - Only Right Joystick Input Not Registering In Bluetooth Mode

Discussion in 'Input System' started by mariaambr, Oct 25, 2021.

1. mariaambr

mariaambr

Hello.
    I am using the new Input System for my project, in which I enable keyboard/mouse and gamepad controller input. When my PS4 Dualshock controller is connected via USB everything works perfectly; however, when I connect the controller via bluetooth to my Macbook, none of the input registers as gamepad.
    I was able to partially workaround this by adding bindings specifically for the Dualshock with the listen mechanic, but that worked for everything I needed (triangle, circle, x buttons and the left joystick) except the right joystick.
    When I listen for moving input from the right joystick, the only options that show up are Rx, Ry, Rz, and Z as demonstrated by the attached screenshot. It may be worth noting that when pressing the right joystick button, it registers as Button 12. Further demonstrated by the screenshot is the different paths I tried under the PS4 binding for the look action. Strangely, the Z input (for Right Joystick - Right) works, but as implemented only allows the player to look right. When I attempted to make Z the path for all of the look directions, it failed to "look" at all, so I am not sure if there is a workaround to making the Z input recognizable as a Vector 2 for the Input System.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. dmytro_at_unity

dmytro_at_unity

Unity Technologies

There was a problem with DualShock 4 on Mac Bluetooth that we fixed in 1.1.0-preview.3, so try upgrading to 1.1.1 and see if this fixed it.

In general if you don't need DualShock specific control scheme, then just bind to generic Gamepad sticks. That way when we add new devices (DualSense was added recently) it will continue to work just fine.