Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DSL System 1.0 beta released

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Mike08, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Mike08

Mike08

Hi,

today I released the beta for the DSL System 1.0. This system provides a scripting language and tools to develop the behavior of NPCs in a RPG. You can control the Skills, Items, Quests and the dialogues in the game.

Download it from here and try it out.

By

2. Mike08

Mike08

Here are some screenshots of the system.

3. oxl

oxl

Hi,

looks promising and I wanted to give it a try, but the pricing scared me to death ...huh !

--
    oxl

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hi, i had a quick look to your DSL system 1.0. Seems to be working but i don't think you gonna sell it with such an unaffordable price. Particularly when you can buy "quest it" for 50 dollars or use the "conversation engine which is free to use ( his free system allow to trigger speacking animations and their audio dialog too !!. You really should lower your price ...

5. Mike08

Mike08

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I changed the prices:

Single user will cost now 100 €
    500 users will cost 10,000 €
    unlimited users will cost 100,000€

The 500 users and unlimited users licenses are meant for big companies with big teams so that all can use the system.

Additionally rosor:

The DSL-System also can trigger animations, you can also play audio clips, movie clips synchrone asynchrone and what ever you like.
    You can extend the system with any functionality you want (e.g. you can combine it with Angry Ants Behave library and trigger the behave of the NPC out of the system)

The DSL-System uses the language (Diary Scripting Language) to develop the behavior and there you have the command PerformAction with which you can call any function on your gameObject inside Unity so you can do anything you want with this system.

Additionally in a future release (will be free) I will add a graphical Editor to create the NPC behavior so you can choose if you want to code it or use the graphical editor with drag'n'drop.

By

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

nice to see you choose to lower your price. Thanks for your clarifications.

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

is there a manual or a tutorial for NPC creation, dialog creation ? So that possible user can know in which way they could achieve what they'd like to do.

8. Mike08

Mike08

There is a documentation included (you can find it inside Unity). It's a complete help system with search functionality full scripting reference and documentation about the editor tools and the system itself. Also an example that illustrates the usage is included.

I am also currently writing a book about the system that will explain everything in detail. In the book the game Erik Bryton - Lost in Cunningham is included as open source and also completely explained inside the book. This book will be available approximately short after the final release.

I will also create a little tutorial video very soon :)

By

9. Mike08

Mike08

Hi,

I created the basic tutorial video and you can watch it on YouTube, on my website or here.

I hope this will help to understand the usage of this system.

By