Search Unity

Drunk Driver ^_^

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Courvee Black, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Courvee Black

Courvee Black

Hi! I am working on the game - Drunk Driver. The beta is already available in Google Play for free. Now, i have ideas, how to improve gameplay, but i wanna make it in 3d, not pixel art, like current version. But... will be this better? I dont know. So, what is your opinion folks? I have small experience in pixel art, but in 3d i am professional... help me to choose right path. Here is screenshots of current version.
    And here is link to Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SlicedCubeGames.DrunkDriver

I will be happy, to get reviews.

scr01.png scr02.png scr04.png

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It all depends on what you'll be using the 3D for. Just remaking it in 3D isn't going to make it better. The game looks excellent right now and you have a 4.4 rating from a couple dozen people.

3. jtok4j

jtok4j

Hey, why not try a pixel art version and see how it goes? Then for the sequel/next version (e.g. Drunken Driver, Drunkest Driver, or the cliche "DD2" (Drunk Driver 2) use 3D (since you're already good at that. :) )

You might be able to sell some of your assets from this project in the Asset Store as well. :D

4. Courvee Black

Courvee Black

GarBenjamin
    Not just remake current game. I wish to add upgrades, different game modes, add garage... and in pixel art is very time-expensive, to made all this things to me. For example, i made first garage for game, and made car for test.
    screen.jpg

jtok4j likes this.
  5. jtok4j

jtok4j

Hmmm, then if you're already on a roll with the 3D, maybe it's just 3D which you'd need. (Make a lower poly version for mobile, with a top-down camera, (so to speak) and let the higher polys be in a desktop/other version.)

6. VesuvianPrime

VesuvianPrime

I think the 2d version has a lot more charm and personality. Reminds me of Grand Theft Auto 2.

My suggestion would be to avoid shading the pixel art, and use a normal map and directional light source to get shadows.

theANMATOR2b and GarBenjamin like this.
  7. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

You'll probably find an audience for 2D and 3D so in the end just do it the way that is easier / faster for you. Like VesuvianPrime said... given a choice of the game (for me most any game) in 2D pixel art or 3D models I'd prefer the 2D pixel art all other things being equal. I think maybe I appreciate the pixel art more. In 3D, I don't really see the artwork.

N1warhead likes this.
  8. Courvee Black

Courvee Black

jtok4j
    Car have only 1300 tris, so, it's already lowpoly )